NOV Inc. (NOV): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
NOV POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where NOV ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 99.67% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for NOV is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 178 days.
- NOV ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 30th percentile.
NOV Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 44.12, NOV INC P/E ratio is greater than that of about 86.95% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Of note is the ratio of NOV INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 87.09% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, NOV INC is reporting a growth rate of -300%; that's higher than just 5.32% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to NOV, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are SXT, MGPI, MGRC, CSWI, and HELE.
- Visit NOV's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.nov.com.
NOV Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Energy stock, NOV's price/earnings ratio is 437.8% higher, now standing at 44.1.
- Over the past 243 months, NOV's price/earnings ratio has gone up 19.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NOV.
NOV Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -64.87%.
- The year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 69.67%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 26.1%.
The table below shows NOV's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
NOV's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- NOV has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 42.2% of graded US stocks.
- NOV's asset turnover comes in at 0.55 -- ranking 78th of 104 Machinery stocks.
- TGEN, LNN, and KRNT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with NOV.
The table below shows NOV's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
NOV Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of NOV, see our NOV price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$17.58||Average Broker Recommendation||1.67 (Moderate Buy)|
NOV Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NOV Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$17.79||52-week high||$24.83|
|Prev. close||$17.41||52-week low||$13.98|
|Day high||$18.00||Avg. volume||3,882,236|
|50-day MA||$22.33||Dividend yield||1.1%|
|200-day MA||$19.71||Market Cap||6.99B|
NOV Inc. (NOV) Company Bio
NOV Inc., formerly National Oilwell Varco, is an American multinational corporation based in Houston, Texas. It is a worldwide provider of equipment and components used in oil and gas drilling and production operations, oilfield services, and supply chain integration services to the upstream oil and gas industry. The company conducts operations in more than 500 locations across six continents, operating through three reporting segments: Rig Technologies, Wellbore Technologies, and Completion & Production Solutions. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
NOV Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NOV Latest Social Stream
View Full NOV Social Stream
Latest NOV News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about NOV INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NOV as an investment opportunity.
NOV Announces First Quarter 2023 Earnings Conference Call
HOUSTON, March 10, 2023--NOV Announces Q1 2023 Earnings Conference Call
NOV Declares Regular Quarterly Dividend
HOUSTON, February 24, 2023--NOV Declares Regular Quarterly Dividend
NOV Full Year 2022 Earnings: Revenues Beat Expectations, EPS Lags
NOV ( NYSE:NOV ) Full Year 2022 Results Key Financial Results Revenue: US$7.24b (up 31% from FY 2021). Net income...
Lone Star College and NOV's partnership aims to strengthen machining industry's workforce
Lone Star College has partnered with Houston-based NOV Inc., the oil and gas equipment and services provider formerly known as National Oilwell Varco, to help strengthen the future workforce in the machining industry.
Are NOV Inc.'s (NYSE:NOV) Mixed Financials The Reason For Its Gloomy Performance on The Stock Market?
With its stock down 4.1% over the past week, it is easy to disregard NOV (NYSE:NOV). We, however decided to study the...
NOV Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching NOVHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on National Oilwell Varco Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
National Oilwell Varco Inc (NOV) Stock Price | Nasdaq
National Oilwell Varco Inc (NOV) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
National Oilwell Varco Inc (NOV) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...