National Oilwell Varco, Inc. (NOV): Price and Financial Metrics
NOV Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of NOV Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 18.31% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- NOV's price/sales ratio is 0.85; that's higher than the P/S ratio of merely 17.91% of US stocks.
- As for revenue growth, note that NOV's revenue has grown -28.18% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of only 14.29% of US companies in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to NOV, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are NES, FI, UAMY, POAI, and BSM.
- NOV's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit NOV Inc's official web site, go to www.nov.com.
NOV Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NOV Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$12.67||52-week high||$17.50|
|Prev. close||$13.32||52-week low||$7.70|
|Day high||$13.41||Avg. volume||4,975,833|
|50-day MA||$14.51||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$12.54||Market Cap||4.95B|
National Oilwell Varco, Inc. (NOV) Company Bio
National Oilwell Varco designs, manufactures, and sells equipment and components used in oil and gas drilling, completion, and production; and provides oilfield services to the upstream oil and gas industry worldwide. The company was founded in 1862 and is based in Houston, Texas.
NOV Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for NOV, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that NOV Inc ranked in the 34th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for NOV, they are:
- Its compound free cash flow growth rate, as measured over the past 5.53 years, is -0.05% -- higher than merely 18.27% of stocks in our DCF forecasting set.
- As a business, NOV is generating more cash flow than 83.01% of positive cash flow stocks in the Energy.
- NOV Inc's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -32.14. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 3.77% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
NOV Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NOV Latest Social Stream
View Full NOV Social Stream
Latest NOV News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about NOV Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NOV as an investment opportunity.
NexTier Oilfield Solutions Inc. (NYSE: NEX) ("NexTier" or the "Company") and NOV, Inc. (NYSE: NOV) ("NOV") today announced the recent completion of the first phase of field testing of NOV's electric fracturing system known as the Ideal™ eFrac pump. The Ideal eFrac pump provides efficient, environmentally conscious hydraulic fracturing capabilities that dramatically reduce emissions, equipment, and complexity at the well site.
Supply crunch of acute global glass fiber weighs on NOV's fiberglass systems operations.
The energy sector was suffering a broad selloff, and was the leading loser of the S&P 500's 11 key sectors, weighed down by a revenue warning from NOV Inc. and a drop in crude oil prices. The SPDR Energy Select Sector ETF shed 2.3% in midday trading, with all 23 equity components losing ground, while the S&P 500 ticked up less than 0.1%. NOV's stock tumbled 9.3% to pace the declines, after the provider of equipment to the oil and gas industry said it now expects first-quarter revenue of between $1.20 billion and $1.25 billion, below the FactSet consensus of $1.32 billion, as severe weather in Texas and Oklahoma, and continued negative effects of the COVID-19 pandemic, led to softer-than-anticipated customer orders. Among other more-active energy ETF components, shares of Exxon Mobile Co...
NOV Inc. warned Tuesday that first-quarter results would fall below previous estimates, as severe weather in Texas and Oklahoma and ongoing effects of the COVID-19 pandemic has led to softer-than-anticipated customer orders and disrupted operations. The provider of equipment to the oil and gas industry's stock was still inactive in premarket trading. The company now expects first-quarter revenue to be between $1.20 billion and $1.25 billion, below the FactSet consensus of $1.32 billion. The company now projects an adjusted Ebitda (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization) loss of $15 million to $25 million, while the FactSet consensus was for adjusted Ebitda gain of $23.8 million. "While the first quarter result is disappointing, we expect the prospects for our bus...
NOV Provides Operational Update for Q1 2021
NOV Price Returns
Continue Researching NOVHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on National Oilwell Varco Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
National Oilwell Varco Inc (NOV) Stock Price | Nasdaq
National Oilwell Varco Inc (NOV) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
National Oilwell Varco Inc (NOV) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!