National Oilwell Varco, Inc. (NOV): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
NOV POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where NOV ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 62.73% of US stocks.
- NOV's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 48 weeks.
- NOV ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 14th percentile.
NOV Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of NOV Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 86.28% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- NOV's price/sales ratio is 0.94; that's higher than the P/S ratio of merely 20.75% of US stocks.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for NOV Inc comes in at -30.94%, a number that bests merely 8.77% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to NOV, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are ESNT, WLDN, DCO, VEC, and CURI.
- Visit NOV's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.nov.com.
NOV Valuation Summary
- NOV's price/sales ratio is 0.9; this is 40% lower than that of the median Energy stock.
- NOV's price/earnings ratio has moved down 28.9 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, NOV's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NOV.
NOV Growth Metrics
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 8.72%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 14.46%.
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -27.8%.
The table below shows NOV's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
NOV's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- NOV has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 44.48% of graded US stocks.
- NOV's asset turnover comes in at 0.546 -- ranking 79th of 104 Machinery stocks.
- TGEN, KRNT, and TTC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with NOV.
The table below shows NOV's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
NOV Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NOV Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$13.45||52-week high||$18.02|
|Prev. close||$12.96||52-week low||$7.70|
|Day high||$13.73||Avg. volume||5,257,982|
|50-day MA||$13.26||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$14.48||Market Cap||5.25B|
National Oilwell Varco, Inc. (NOV) Company Bio
National Oilwell Varco designs, manufactures, and sells equipment and components used in oil and gas drilling, completion, and production; and provides oilfield services to the upstream oil and gas industry worldwide. The company was founded in 1862 and is based in Houston, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
NOV Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NOV Latest Social Stream
View Full NOV Social Stream
Latest NOV News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about NOV Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NOV as an investment opportunity.
Major players in the hydraulic workover unit market are Archer limited, Basic Energy Services, Inc. , Canadian Energy Equipment Manufacturing FZE, Cudd Energy Services, Easternwell Group, Elnusa, Halliburton Company, High Arctic Energy Services Inc, Key Energy Services, LLC, NOV Inc. Major players in the hydraulic workover unit market are Archer limited, Basic Energy Services, Inc. , Canadian Energy Equipment Manufacturing FZE, Cudd Energy Services, Easternwell Group, Elnusa, Halliburton Company, High Arctic Energy Services Inc, Key Energy Services, LLC, NOV Inc.
Does the September share price for NOV Inc. ( NYSE:NOV ) reflect what it's really worth? Today, we will estimate the...
Match Group, Ceridian HCM and Brown & Brown Set to Join S&P 500; Others to Join S&P MidCap 400 and S&P SmallCap 600
S&P Dow Jones Indices will make the following index adjustments to the S&P 500, S&P MidCap 400, and S&P SmallCap 600 to ensure each index is more representative of its market capitalization range. The changes will be effective prior to the open of trading on Monday, September 20, 2021 to coincide with the quarterly rebalance:
Drilling Automation Market Business Status, Industrial Outlook 2028 and Top Players | Schlumberger Limited, Halliburton Company, Baker Hughes Company, Weatherford International PLC, National-Oilwell Varco, Inc.
The Drilling Automation market is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 3% over the period of 2020-2025 Drilling automation is centered on the downhole activities necessary in the actual drilling of an oil or gas well. This involves
NOV is supplying new heavy-lift cranes to Cadeler's current O-Class vessels Wind Orca and Wind Osprey to upgrade the fleet's capability of managing the next-generation turbines.
NOV Price Returns
Continue Researching NOVHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on National Oilwell Varco Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
National Oilwell Varco Inc (NOV) Stock Price | Nasdaq
National Oilwell Varco Inc (NOV) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
National Oilwell Varco Inc (NOV) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch