National Oilwell Varco, Inc. (NOV): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
NOV POWR Grades
- NOV scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 77.93% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for NOV is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 163 days.
- NOV's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 11.96% of US stocks).
NOV Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of NOV Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 85.78% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Over the past twelve months, NOV has reported earnings growth of -83.68%, putting it ahead of just 20.72% of US stocks in our set.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for NOV Inc comes in at -24.28%, a number that bests just 8.16% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to NOV Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be ESNT, TTEK, INFU, WTTR, and AUVI.
- NOV's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit NOV Inc's official web site, go to www.nov.com.
NOV Valuation Summary
- NOV's price/sales ratio is 0.9; this is 40% lower than that of the median Energy stock.
- NOV's price/earnings ratio has moved down 28.9 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, NOV's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NOV.
NOV Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -36.61%.
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 33.61%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 14.46%.
The table below shows NOV's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
NOV's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- NOV has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 42.2% of graded US stocks.
- NOV's asset turnover comes in at 0.55 -- ranking 78th of 104 Machinery stocks.
- TGEN, LNN, and KRNT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with NOV.
The table below shows NOV's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
NOV Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NOV Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$15.80||52-week high||$18.02|
|Prev. close||$15.58||52-week low||$11.46|
|Day high||$15.81||Avg. volume||3,288,613|
|50-day MA||$13.81||Dividend yield||1.28%|
|200-day MA||$14.38||Market Cap||6.17B|
National Oilwell Varco, Inc. (NOV) Company Bio
National Oilwell Varco designs, manufactures, and sells equipment and components used in oil and gas drilling, completion, and production; and provides oilfield services to the upstream oil and gas industry worldwide. The company was founded in 1862 and is based in Houston, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
NOV Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NOV Latest Social Stream
View Full NOV Social Stream
Latest NOV News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about NOV Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NOV as an investment opportunity.
Announcement of Periodic Review: Moody's announces completion of a periodic review of ratings of NOV Inc.Global Credit Research - 21 Jan 2022New York, January 21, 2022 -- Moody's Investors Service ("Moody's") has completed a periodic review of the ratings of NOV Inc. and other ratings that are associated with the same analytical unit. The review was conducted through a portfolio review discussion held on 19 January 2022 in which Moody's reassessed the appropriateness of the ratings in the context of the relevant principal methodology(ies), recent developments, and a comparison of the financial and operating profile to similarly rated peers. Since 1 January 2019, Moody's practice has been to issue a press release following each periodic review to announce its completion.This publicatio...
Investment company Nepsis, Inc. (Current Portfolio) buys Qualcomm Inc, NOV Inc, Cigna Corp, F5 Inc, General Mills Inc, sells Ventas Inc, Fulgent Genetics Inc, American International Group Inc, Freshworks Inc, Freshworks Inc during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, Nepsis, Inc..
Introduction The last seven years have been nothing but continuous pain for the shareholders of the oilfield equipment provider, NOV (NOV) who has seen their share price lose around three-quarters of its former value. Whilst they have recently reinstated their dividends, their yield remains very low at only 1.47%, despite...
Investment company Syntax Etf Trust (Current Portfolio) buys Perrigo Co PLC, Unum Group, GameStop Corp, Performance Food Group Co, NOV Inc, sells Ligand Pharmaceuticals Inc, CMC Materials Inc, Cinemark Holdings Inc, Bio-Techne Corp, Treehouse Foods Inc during the 3-months ended 2021Q3, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, Syntax Etf Trust.
Investment company DeltaShares(R) S&P 500 Managed Risk ETF (Current Portfolio) buys Moderna Inc, Match Group Inc, Analog Devices Inc, Bio-Techne Corp, Brown & Brown Inc, sells , , NOV Inc, Perrigo Co PLC, Unum Group during the 3-months ended 2021Q3, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, DeltaShares(R) S&P 500 Managed Risk ETF.
NOV Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching NOVHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on National Oilwell Varco Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
National Oilwell Varco Inc (NOV) Stock Price | Nasdaq
National Oilwell Varco Inc (NOV) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
National Oilwell Varco Inc (NOV) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch