Novan, Inc. (NOVN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
NOVN POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where NOVN ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 64.29% of US stocks.
- NOVN's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving down over the last 48 weeks.
- NOVN ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 5th percentile.
NOVN Stock Summary
- With a price/sales ratio of 40.27, Novan Inc has a higher such ratio than 93.98% of stocks in our set.
- The volatility of Novan Inc's share price is greater than that of 99.79% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Novan Inc's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is -38.56%, greater than the shareholder yield of only 7.42% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to NOVN, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are SLGL, NVEC, SNGX, IMOS, and INFI.
- Visit NOVN's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.novan.com.
NOVN Valuation Summary
- NOVN's price/sales ratio is 45.6; this is 1100% higher than that of the median Healthcare stock.
- NOVN's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 1.6 over the prior 60 months.
- NOVN's price/earnings ratio has moved down 0.2 over the prior 60 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NOVN.
NOVN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- NOVN has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 6.52% of graded US stocks.
- NOVN's asset turnover comes in at 0.072 -- ranking 287th of 677 Pharmaceutical Products stocks.
- VBIV, RIOT, and ASRT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with NOVN.
The table below shows NOVN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
NOVN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NOVN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$8.40||52-week high||$25.90|
|Prev. close||$8.14||52-week low||$4.33|
|Day high||$8.61||Avg. volume||2,100,770|
|50-day MA||$8.72||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$11.49||Market Cap||158.03M|
Novan, Inc. (NOVN) Company Bio
Novan, Inc. focuses on the development and commercialization of nitric oxide-based therapies in dermatology. Its lead product candidate is SB204, a cosmetically elegant topical gel that targets multiple mechanisms of action for the treatment of acne vulgaris. The company was founded in 2006 and is based in Durham, North Carolina.
Most Popular Stories View All
NOVN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NOVN Latest Social Stream
View Full NOVN Social Stream
Latest NOVN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Novan Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NOVN as an investment opportunity.
SB206 demonstrates continued favorable safety profile consistent with previous studies and meets Companys expectations
– Live fireside chat with Paula Brown Stafford, President and Chief Executive Officer of Novan on Tuesday, September 28 at 8:00 AM ET – – Live fireside chat with Paula Brown Stafford, President and Chief Executive Officer of Novan on Tuesday, September 28 at 8:00 AM ET –
By John Vandermosten, CFA NASDAQ:NOVN READ THE FULL NOVN RESEARCH REPORT September Update On September 9, 2021, Novan (NASDAQ:NOVN) hosted a corporate update conference call and webcast. The call was led by Novan President and CEO, Paula Brown Stafford, who reviewed recent milestones and plans over the next several years. Ms. Stafford detailed Novan’s revenue prospects in the US which are
Company planning for three potential New Drug Application (NDA) filings in three years with the first submission expected in Q3 2022 for lead program SB206 in molluscum contagiosum Late-stage product candidate, SB204 for the treatment of acne vulgaris, selected to advance as second lead
Company targeting New Drug Application (NDA) for SB206 in Q3 2022, following recent clinically and statistically significant topline efficacy results from a pivotal Phase 3 B-SIMPLE4 trial in patients with molluscum contagiosum
NOVN Price Returns