Novanta Inc. (NOVT): Price and Financial Metrics
NOVT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$140.18||52-week high||$187.60|
|Prev. close||$142.04||52-week low||$111.02|
|Day high||$143.40||Avg. volume||128,557|
|50-day MA||$162.66||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$159.02||Market Cap||5.02B|
NOVT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NOVT POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where NOVT ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 85.35% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for NOVT is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- NOVT ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 4th percentile.
NOVT Stock Summary
- NOVT's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 206.58 -- higher than 86.59% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 71.86, NOVANTA INC P/E ratio is greater than that of about 92.21% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for NOVT is currently 60.19, higher than 94.62% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to NOVANTA INC, a group of peers worth examining would be CSGS, VMEO, AVID, DIOD, and PBYI.
- NOVT's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit NOVANTA INC's official web site, go to www.novanta.com.
NOVT Valuation Summary
- NOVT's price/sales ratio is 6.3; this is 152% higher than that of the median Technology stock.
- NOVT's price/sales ratio has moved up 3.9 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NOVT.
NOVT Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at 54.77%.
- The 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 34.06%.
- The 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -7.89%.
The table below shows NOVT's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
NOVT's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- NOVT has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 88.22% of graded US stocks.
- NOVT's asset turnover comes in at 0.719 -- ranking 22nd of 53 Electrical Equipment stocks.
- AME, BYRN, and CCF are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with NOVT.
The table below shows NOVT's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Novanta Inc. (NOVT) Company Bio
Novanta Inc. designs, develops, manufactures, and sells precision photonic and motion control components, and subsystems to original equipment manufacturers in the medical equipment and advanced industrial technology markets. The company operates through three segments: Laser Products, Vision Technologies, and Precision Motion. The company was founded in 1968 and is based in Bedford, Massachusetts.
NOVT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NOVT Latest Social Stream
View Full NOVT Social Stream
Latest NOVT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about NOVANTA INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NOVT as an investment opportunity.
Investors need to pay close attention to Novanta (NOVT) stock based on the movements in the options market lately.
With its stock down 12% over the past month, it is easy to disregard Novanta (NASDAQ:NOVT). However, stock prices are...
Artisan Partners, an investment management company, released its “Artisan Global Discovery Fund” second quarter 2023 investor letter. A copy of the same can be downloaded here. In the second quarter, its Investor Class fund APFDX returned 1.78%, Advisor Class fund APDDX posted a return of 1.78%, and Institutional Class fund APHDX returned 1.83%, compared to a […]
BEDFORD, Mass., August 09, 2023--Novanta Inc. (Nasdaq: NOVT) (the "Company"), a trusted technology partner to medical and advanced technology equipment manufacturers, announced today that Matthijs Glastra, Chair & Chief Executive Officer, and Robert Buckley, Chief Financial Officer, are scheduled to present at Baird's 2023 Global Healthcare Conference on Wednesday, September 13, 2023, in New York, New York.
Conestoga Capital Advisors, an asset management company, released its “Small Cap Strategy” second-quarter 2023 investor letter. A copy of the same can be downloaded here. The Small Cap Composite rose 4.93% net-of-fees in the second quarter, compared to the Russell 2000 Growth Index’s 7.05% return. The key source of underperformance was poor stock selection, with allocation effects […]
NOVT Price Returns