Novanta Inc. (NOVT): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
NOVT POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where NOVT ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 96.4% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for NOVT is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 206 days.
- NOVT ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 12th percentile.
NOVT Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 105.66, Novanta Inc P/E ratio is greater than that of about 92.66% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for NOVT is currently 31.81, higher than 85.31% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- The volatility of Novanta Inc's share price is greater than that of just 17.04% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Novanta Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be SAIL, JKHY, EPRT, PBH, and VSAT.
- NOVT's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Novanta Inc's official web site, go to www.novanta.com.
NOVT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NOVT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$135.68||52-week high||$146.16|
|Prev. close||$134.13||52-week low||$93.94|
|Day high||$136.00||Avg. volume||106,153|
|50-day MA||$132.22||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$121.75||Market Cap||4.80B|
Novanta Inc. (NOVT) Company Bio
Novanta Inc. designs, develops, manufactures, and sells precision photonic and motion control components, and subsystems to original equipment manufacturers in the medical equipment and advanced industrial technology markets. The company operates through three segments: Laser Products, Vision Technologies, and Precision Motion. The company was founded in 1968 and is based in Bedford, Massachusetts.
NOVT Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Novanta Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Novanta Inc ranked in the 44th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 35%. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Novanta Inc ended up being:
- The compound growth rate in the free cash flow of Novanta Inc over the past 5.58 years is 0.29%; that's better than 62.16% of cash flow producing equities in the Technology sector, where it is classified.
- 95% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than 81.18% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- The business' balance sheet reveals debt to be 5% of the company's capital (with equity being the remaining amount). Approximately just 18.78% of US stocks with free cash flow have a lower reliance on debt in their capital structure.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
NOVT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NOVT Latest Social Stream
View Full NOVT Social Stream
Latest NOVT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Novanta Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NOVT as an investment opportunity.
Companies in the news are: NOVT, IGT, FOE, BSY
CEO Matthijs Glastra has done a decent job of delivering relatively good performance at Novanta Inc. ( NASDAQ:NOVT...
Novanta Inc. (Nasdaq: NOVT) (the "Company"), a trusted technology partner to medical and advanced technology equipment manufacturers, will release its first quarter 2021 results on Tuesday, May 11, 2021.
What are the early trends we should look for to identify a stock that could multiply in value over the long term? In a...
Novanta Inc. (Nasdaq: NOVT) (the "Company"), a trusted technology partner to medical and advanced technology equipment manufacturers, announced today that its Board of Directors has appointed Matthijs Glastra, currently Chief Executive Office, to the additional role of Chairman of the Board, effective after the Company’s Annual Meeting of Shareholders on May 13, 2021. Mr. Glastra will succeed Stephen W. Bershad, who after a highly successful eleven year tenure, will retire from the Board and will not stand for re-election at Novanta’s Annual Meeting.
NOVT Price Returns