Novanta Inc. (NOVT): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
NOVT POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where NOVT ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 77.32% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for NOVT is in Stability, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- NOVT's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 4.9% of US stocks).
NOVT Stock Summary
- NOVT's current price/earnings ratio is 79.16, which is higher than 93.67% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for NOVT is currently 72.8, higher than 94.45% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- With a price/sales ratio of 6.82, NOVANTA INC has a higher such ratio than 83.42% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to NOVT, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are PCTI, NTCT, ERII, PRGS, and CSGS.
- NOVT's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit NOVANTA INC's official web site, go to www.novanta.com.
NOVT Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Technology stock, NOVT's price/sales ratio is 175% higher, now standing at 6.6.
- Over the past 243 months, NOVT's price/sales ratio has gone up 5.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NOVT.
NOVT Growth Metrics
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 25.21%.
- The year over year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -12.99%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 34.06%.
The table below shows NOVT's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
NOVT's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- NOVT has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 88.22% of graded US stocks.
- NOVT's asset turnover comes in at 0.719 -- ranking 22nd of 53 Electrical Equipment stocks.
- AME, BYRN, and CCF are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with NOVT.
The table below shows NOVT's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
NOVT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NOVT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$159.52||52-week high||$177.50|
|Prev. close||$158.81||52-week low||$110.84|
|Day high||$161.51||Avg. volume||190,803|
|50-day MA||$132.86||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$133.00||Market Cap||5.69B|
Novanta Inc. (NOVT) Company Bio
Novanta Inc. designs, develops, manufactures, and sells precision photonic and motion control components, and subsystems to original equipment manufacturers in the medical equipment and advanced industrial technology markets. The company operates through three segments: Laser Products, Vision Technologies, and Precision Motion. The company was founded in 1968 and is based in Bedford, Massachusetts.
Most Popular Stories View All
NOVT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NOVT Latest Social Stream
View Full NOVT Social Stream
Latest NOVT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about NOVANTA INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NOVT as an investment opportunity.
In this article, we discuss 13 best robotics stocks to buy now. If you want to see more stocks in this selection, check out 5 Best Robotics Stocks To Buy Now. The global robotics market was worth $27.73 billion in 2020 and is forecasted to reach $74.1 billion by 2026, indicating a CAGR of 17.45% […]
Artisan Partners, an investment management company, released its “Artisan Small Cap Fund” third quarter 2022 investor letter. A copy of the same can be downloaded here. In the third quarter, its Investor Class fund ARTSX returned 3.23%, Advisor Class fund APDSX posted a return of 3.27%, and Institutional Class fund APHSX returned 3.27%, compared to a […]
On Friday, Novanta stock earned an upgrade to its Relative Strength (RS) Rating, from 64 to 84. This unique rating identifies market leadership by showing how a stock's price movement over the last 52 weeks compares to that of other stocks on the major indexes.
Novanta ( NASDAQ:NOVT ) Third Quarter 2022 Results Key Financial Results Revenue: US$223.0m (up 26% from 3Q 2021). Net...
Novanta (NOVT) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 10.96% and 3.70%, respectively, for the quarter ended September 2022. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
NOVT Price Returns