Novanta Inc. (NOVT): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
NOVT POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where NOVT ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 94.36% of US stocks.
- NOVT's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- NOVT ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 4th percentile.
NOVT Stock Summary
- NOVT's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 652.63 -- higher than 95.63% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 102.01, Novanta Inc P/E ratio is greater than that of about 93.62% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- The price/operating cash flow metric for Novanta Inc is higher than 90.69% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Novanta Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be KRNT, LTRX, NTCT, TUFN, and VYNE.
- Visit NOVT's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.novanta.com.
NOVT Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Technology stock, NOVT's EV/EBIT ratio is 211.01% higher, now standing at 100.3.
- NOVT's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 96.6 over the prior 243 months.
- NOVT's price/earnings ratio has moved up 114.9 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NOVT.
NOVT Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 6.36%.
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 8.56%.
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 8.44%.
The table below shows NOVT's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
NOVT's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- NOVT has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 88.22% of graded US stocks.
- NOVT's asset turnover comes in at 0.719 -- ranking 22nd of 53 Electrical Equipment stocks.
- AME, BYRN, and CCF are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with NOVT.
The table below shows NOVT's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
NOVT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NOVT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$123.52||52-week high||$184.44|
|Prev. close||$123.62||52-week low||$114.31|
|Day high||$124.64||Avg. volume||125,458|
|50-day MA||$131.77||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$149.22||Market Cap||4.41B|
Novanta Inc. (NOVT) Company Bio
Novanta Inc. designs, develops, manufactures, and sells precision photonic and motion control components, and subsystems to original equipment manufacturers in the medical equipment and advanced industrial technology markets. The company operates through three segments: Laser Products, Vision Technologies, and Precision Motion. The company was founded in 1968 and is based in Bedford, Massachusetts.
Most Popular Stories View All
NOVT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NOVT Latest Social Stream
View Full NOVT Social Stream
Latest NOVT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Novanta Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NOVT as an investment opportunity.
While Novanta Inc. ( NASDAQ:NOVT ) might not be the most widely known stock at the moment, it received a lot of...
In this article, we discuss the 11 best robotics stocks to buy for 2022. If you want to skip our detailed analysis of these stocks, go directly to the 5 Best Robotics Stocks To Buy For 2022. The robotics sector is set for explosive growth in 2022 as new strategies and technological advances lead to […]
Andvari Associates: “Novanta (NOVT) is Still in the Early Stages of Compounding Value at High Rates”
Andvari Associates, an investment management firm, published its fourth-quarter 2021 investor letter – a copy of which can be seen here. A quarterly net return of 11% was delivered by the fund for the year 2021, below its S&P 500 and Russell 2000 benchmarks that delivered a 28.7% and 14.8% return respectively for the same […]
BEDFORD, Mass., January 14, 2022--Novanta Inc. (Nasdaq: NOVT) (the "Company"), a trusted technology partner to medical and advanced technology equipment manufacturers, will release its fourth quarter and full year 2021 results on Tuesday, March 01, 2022.
We think all investors should try to buy and hold high quality multi-year winners. While not every stock performs well...
NOVT Price Returns