Novanta Inc. (NOVT): Price and Financial Metrics
NOVT Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 76.85, Novanta Inc P/E ratio is greater than that of about 90.48% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for NOVT is currently 66.71, higher than 95.03% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- With a price/sales ratio of 5.33, Novanta Inc has a higher such ratio than 77.14% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Novanta Inc are MSTR, BRKR, SCL, ENTG, and AMSWA.
- Visit NOVT's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.novanta.com.
NOVT Stock Price Chart More Charts
NOVT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$98.56||52-week high||$99.48|
|Prev. close||$98.60||52-week low||$69.31|
|Day high||$99.48||Avg. volume||98,690|
|50-day MA||$93.00||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$85.71||Market Cap||3.46B|
Novanta Inc. (NOVT) Company Bio
Novanta Inc. designs, develops, manufactures, and sells precision photonic and motion control components, and subsystems to original equipment manufacturers in the medical equipment and advanced industrial technology markets. The company operates through three segments: Laser Products, Vision Technologies, and Precision Motion. The company was founded in 1968 and is based in Bedford, Massachusetts.
NOVT Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Novanta Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Novanta Inc ranked in the 10st percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 93%. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Novanta Inc, consider:
- The company's debt burden, as measured by earnings divided by interest payments, is 6.62 -- which is good for besting 60.21% of its peer stocks (US stocks in the Technology sector with positive cash flow).
- Its compound free cash flow growth rate, as measured over the past 5.5 years, is -0.03% -- higher than only 24.11% of stocks in our DCF forecasting set.
- The business' balance sheet suggests that 7% of the company's capital is sourced from debt; this is greater than merely 20.84% of the free cash flow producing stocks we're observing.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|