Novanta Inc. (NOVT): Price and Financial Metrics
NOVT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$139.66||52-week high||$187.60|
|Prev. close||$139.43||52-week low||$111.02|
|Day high||$140.58||Avg. volume||129,035|
|50-day MA||$160.90||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$158.93||Market Cap||5.00B|
NOVT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NOVT POWR Grades
- NOVT scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 90.49% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for NOVT is in Quality, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- NOVT ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 5th percentile.
NOVT Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 187.65, NOVANTA INC is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 85.61% of US stocks.
- NOVT's current price/earnings ratio is 65.28, which is higher than 91.43% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- The price/operating cash flow metric for NOVANTA INC is higher than 94.02% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to NOVT, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are CSGS, VMEO, AVID, DIOD, and PBYI.
- Visit NOVT's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.novanta.com.
NOVT Valuation Summary
- NOVT's price/earnings ratio is 65.3; this is 155.08% higher than that of the median Technology stock.
- Over the past 243 months, NOVT's price/sales ratio has gone up 3.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NOVT.
NOVT Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at 54.77%.
- The 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 34.06%.
- The 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -7.89%.
The table below shows NOVT's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
NOVT's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- NOVT has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 88.22% of graded US stocks.
- NOVT's asset turnover comes in at 0.719 -- ranking 22nd of 53 Electrical Equipment stocks.
- AME, BYRN, and CCF are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with NOVT.
The table below shows NOVT's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Novanta Inc. (NOVT) Company Bio
Novanta Inc. designs, develops, manufactures, and sells precision photonic and motion control components, and subsystems to original equipment manufacturers in the medical equipment and advanced industrial technology markets. The company operates through three segments: Laser Products, Vision Technologies, and Precision Motion. The company was founded in 1968 and is based in Bedford, Massachusetts.
NOVT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NOVT Latest Social Stream
View Full NOVT Social Stream
Latest NOVT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about NOVANTA INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NOVT as an investment opportunity.
Key Insights Novanta's estimated fair value is US$111 based on 2 Stage Free Cash Flow to Equity Novanta's US$147 share...
An in-depth analysis of Novanta's intrinsic value, financial strength, and growth prospects
Investors need to pay close attention to Novanta (NOVT) stock based on the movements in the options market lately.
With its stock down 12% over the past month, it is easy to disregard Novanta (NASDAQ:NOVT). However, stock prices are...
Artisan Partners, an investment management company, released its “Artisan Global Discovery Fund” second quarter 2023 investor letter. A copy of the same can be downloaded here. In the second quarter, its Investor Class fund APFDX returned 1.78%, Advisor Class fund APDDX posted a return of 1.78%, and Institutional Class fund APHDX returned 1.83%, compared to a […]
NOVT Price Returns