Newpark Resources, Inc. (NR): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
NR POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where NR ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 97.54% of US stocks.
- NR's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- NR's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 32.5% of US stocks).
NR Stock Summary
- Newpark Resources Inc's stock had its IPO on September 26, 1991, making it an older stock than 83.09% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of Newpark Resources Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 96.31% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- NR's price/sales ratio is 0.56; that's higher than the P/S ratio of merely 12.95% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Newpark Resources Inc are VEC, NOV, AZEK, AMPG, and TRS.
- NR's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Newpark Resources Inc's official web site, go to www.newpark.com.
NR Valuation Summary
- NR's EV/EBIT ratio is -6.9; this is 138.02% lower than that of the median Energy stock.
- Over the past 243 months, NR's price/earnings ratio has gone down 29.7.
- NR's price/sales ratio has moved down 1.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NR.
NR Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -14.5%.
- The 3 year revenue growth rate now stands at 59.66%.
- The 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -18.14%.
The table below shows NR's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
NR's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- NR has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 60.27% of graded US stocks.
- NR's asset turnover comes in at 0.796 -- ranking 38th of 104 Machinery stocks.
- DCI, CMI, and KMT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with NR.
The table below shows NR's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
NR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$3.05||52-week high||$4.81|
|Prev. close||$3.09||52-week low||$1.92|
|Day high||$3.23||Avg. volume||647,691|
|50-day MA||$3.91||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$3.54||Market Cap||281.68M|
Newpark Resources, Inc. (NR) Company Bio
Newpark Resources provides drilling fluids systems, and composite matting systems used in oilfield and other commercial markets. The company was founded in 1932 and is based in The Woodlands, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
NR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NR Latest Social Stream
View Full NR Social Stream
Latest NR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Newpark Resources Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NR as an investment opportunity.
Newpark Resources, Inc. (NYSE: NR) ("Newpark" or the "Company") today announced that the Company has entered into a cooperation agreement (the "Cooperation Agreement") with Bradley L. Radoff and affiliates ("BLR"), pursuant to which Donald "Donnie" Young will be appointed to the Board of Directors (the "Board"), effective March 1, 2022. With Mr. Young's appointment, the Board will increase in size by one director. In addition, as part of the Cooperation Agreement, the Company agreed to nominate
Newpark Resources, Inc. (NYSE: NR) ("Newpark" or the "Company") today announced results for its fourth quarter ended December 31, 2021. Total revenues for the fourth quarter of 2021 were $179.6 million compared to $151.8 million for the third quarter of 2021 and $129.7 million for the fourth quarter of 2020. Net loss for the fourth quarter of 2021 was $3.7 million, or ($0.04) per share, compared to net loss of $10.5 million, or ($0.11) per share, for the third quarter of 2021, and net loss of $1
Newpark Resources, Inc. (NYSE: NR) announced today that it will release its fourth quarter 2021 results on Thursday, February 17, 2022 after the market closes. In conjunction with the release, the Company has scheduled a conference call, which will be broadcast live over the Internet, on Friday, February 18, 2022 at 10:00 a.m. Eastern / 9:00 a.m. Central.
The big shareholder groups in Newpark Resources, Inc. ( NYSE:NR ) have power over the company. Large companies usually...
No summary available.
NR Price Returns