Newpark Resources, Inc. (NR): Price and Financial Metrics
NR Stock Summary
- NR's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 0.43 -- higher than merely 4.01% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Newpark Resources Inc is reporting a growth rate of -827.79%; that's higher than merely 1.74% of US stocks.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for NR comes in at 26.78% -- higher than that of 92.9% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to NR, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are KE, WETF, ASPU, BWEN, and ATKR.
- Visit NR's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.newpark.com.
NR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$3.18||52-week high||$4.08|
|Prev. close||$3.24||52-week low||$0.70|
|Day high||$3.26||Avg. volume||852,181|
|50-day MA||$3.35||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$2.14||Market Cap||289.25M|
Newpark Resources, Inc. (NR) Company Bio
Newpark Resources provides drilling fluids systems, and composite matting systems used in oilfield and other commercial markets. The company was founded in 1932 and is based in The Woodlands, Texas.
NR Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for NR, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Newpark Resources Inc ranked in the 36th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 54.67%. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for NR, they are:
- The stock's equity weight, or the proportion of capital from equity relative to debt, is 72. Its equity weight surpasses that of 69.25% of free cash flow generating stocks in the Energy sector.
- Its compound free cash flow growth rate, as measured over the past 5.58 years, is -0.1% -- higher than merely 14.13% of stocks in our DCF forecasting set.
- Newpark Resources Inc's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -7.43. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 9.7% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
NR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NR Latest Social Stream
View Full NR Social Stream
Latest NR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Newpark Resources Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NR as an investment opportunity.
Every investor in Newpark Resources, Inc. ( NYSE:NR ) should be aware of the most powerful shareholder groups...
NEW YORK, NY / ACCESSWIRE / February 12, 2021 / Newpark Resources, Inc. (NYSE:NR) will be discussing their earnings results in their 2020 Fourth Quarter Earnings call to be held on February 12, 2021 at 10:00 AM Eastern Time.
Participating from the Company in today's call are Paul Howes, Newpark's President and Chief Executive Officer; Gregg Piontek, Chief Financial Officer; and Dave Paterson, President of the Fluids business. Following my remarks, management will provide a high level commentary on the financial details of the fourth quarter results and near-term outlook, before opening the call for Q&A.
Newpark Resources, Inc. (NYSE: NR) ("Newpark" or the "Company") today announced results for its fourth quarter ended December 31, 2020. Total revenues for the fourth quarter of 2020 were $129.7 million compared to $96.4 million for the third quarter of 2020 and $189.5 million for the fourth quarter of 2019. Net loss for the fourth quarter of 2020 was $18.4 million, or ($0.20) per share, compared to net loss of $23.9 million, or ($0.26) per share, for the third quarter of 2020, and net loss of $17.1 million, or ($0.19) per share, for the fourth quarter of 2019.
It is doubtless a positive to see that the Newpark Resources, Inc. ( NYSE:NR ) share price has gained some 53% in the...
NR Price Returns
Continue Researching NRWant to see what other sources are saying about Newpark Resources Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!