Newpark Resources, Inc. (NR): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
NR POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where NR ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 78.49% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for NR is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 163 days.
- NR's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 28.08% of US stocks).
NR Stock Summary
- NR's went public 30.35 years ago, making it older than 82.78% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.57, Newpark Resources Inc has a higher such ratio than only 12.95% of stocks in our set.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Newpark Resources Inc is reporting a growth rate of -65.46%; that's higher than just 24.04% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Newpark Resources Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be TMST, MEI, ATRO, IPDN, and GNLN.
- NR's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Newpark Resources Inc's official web site, go to www.newpark.com.
NR Valuation Summary
- NR's EV/EBIT ratio is -6.9; this is 138.02% lower than that of the median Energy stock.
- Over the past 243 months, NR's price/earnings ratio has gone down 29.7.
- NR's price/sales ratio has moved down 1.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NR.
NR Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 125.06%.
- The 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -1382.26%.
- The 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -14.5%.
The table below shows NR's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
NR's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- NR has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 60.27% of graded US stocks.
- NR's asset turnover comes in at 0.796 -- ranking 38th of 104 Machinery stocks.
- DCI, CMI, and KMT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with NR.
The table below shows NR's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
NR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$3.59||52-week high||$4.08|
|Prev. close||$3.50||52-week low||$1.92|
|Day high||$3.61||Avg. volume||459,948|
|50-day MA||$3.08||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$3.16||Market Cap||331.20M|
Newpark Resources, Inc. (NR) Company Bio
Newpark Resources provides drilling fluids systems, and composite matting systems used in oilfield and other commercial markets. The company was founded in 1932 and is based in The Woodlands, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
NR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NR Latest Social Stream
View Full NR Social Stream
Latest NR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Newpark Resources Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NR as an investment opportunity.
No summary available.
Newpark Announces Non-Binding Memorandum Of Understanding For Joint Venture In The Kingdom Of Saudi Arabia
Newpark Resources, Inc. (NYSE: NR) ("Newpark" or the "Company") today announced that the Company's Fluids Systems operating segment and Industrialization and Energy Services Company ("TAQA"), based in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia, have entered into a non-binding preliminary Memorandum of Understanding ("MOU"). Through this MOU, both companies intend to establish a joint venture company providing oilfield chemicals and other high performance related products and services including, as the core business,
California State Teachers Retirement System Sells 12,629 Shares of Newpark Resources, Inc. (NYSE:NR)
California State Teachers Retirement System reduced its position in shares of Newpark Resources, Inc. (NYSE:NR) by 9.3% in the second quarter, according to the company in its most recent filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission. The firm owned 122,766 shares of the oil and gas companys stock after selling 12,629 shares during the quarter. 
California State Teachers Retirement System Cuts Stock Holdings in Newpark Resources, Inc. (NYSE:NR)
California State Teachers Retirement System trimmed its position in shares of Newpark Resources, Inc. (NYSE:NR) by 9.3% during the second quarter, according to its most recent filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). The fund owned 122,766 shares of the oil and gas companys stock after selling 12,629 shares during the quarter. California State 
Newpark Resources Announces Repayment Of Convertible Bonds And Acquisition Of Access Solutions Business
Newpark Resources, Inc. (NYSE: NR) ("Newpark" or the "Company") today announced the repayment of $39 million of outstanding convertible notes at maturity. In addition, consistent with its stated focus on expansion within industrial end-markets, the Company has entered into an agreement to acquire substantially all assets and operations of Lentzcaping, Inc. ("Lentzcaping") for cash consideration of approximately $14 million.
NR Price Returns