Newpark Resources, Inc. (NR): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
NR POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where NR ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 84.58% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for NR is in Quality, which has been heading up over the past 48 weeks.
- NR's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 12.33% of US stocks).
NR Stock Summary
- NR's price/sales ratio is 0.57; that's higher than the P/S ratio of merely 11.5% of US stocks.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for Newpark Resources Inc comes in at -22.65%, a number that bests merely 11.24% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for NR comes in at 21.85% -- higher than that of 89.82% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Newpark Resources Inc are LGF.B, TMST, MEI, MBUU, and UFI.
- NR's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Newpark Resources Inc's official web site, go to www.newpark.com.
NR Valuation Summary
- NR's EV/EBIT ratio is -6.9; this is 138.02% lower than that of the median Energy stock.
- Over the past 243 months, NR's price/earnings ratio has gone down 29.7.
- NR's price/sales ratio has moved down 1.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NR.
NR Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -40.55%.
- The 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -267.85%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at -5.29%.
The table below shows NR's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
NR's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- NR has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 60.07% of graded US stocks.
- NR's asset turnover comes in at 0.718 -- ranking 49th of 104 Machinery stocks.
- DCI, CMI, and XYL are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with NR.
The table below shows NR's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
NR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$3.34||52-week high||$4.08|
|Prev. close||$3.10||52-week low||$0.70|
|Day high||$3.39||Avg. volume||751,348|
|50-day MA||$2.69||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$3.01||Market Cap||307.55M|
Newpark Resources, Inc. (NR) Company Bio
Newpark Resources provides drilling fluids systems, and composite matting systems used in oilfield and other commercial markets. The company was founded in 1932 and is based in The Woodlands, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
NR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NR Latest Social Stream
View Full NR Social Stream
Latest NR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Newpark Resources Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NR as an investment opportunity.
It hasn't been the best quarter for Newpark Resources, Inc. ( NYSE:NR ) shareholders, since the share price has fallen...
When insiders purchase or sell shares, it indicates their confidence or concern around the company''s prospects. Investors and traders interested in penny stocks can consider this a factor in their overall investment or trading decision. Below is a look at a few recent notable insider transactions for penny stocks. For more, check out Benzinga''s insider transactions platform. Newpark Resources The Trade : Newpark Resources, Inc. (NYSE: NR ) President and CEO Paul L Howes acquired a total of 30000 shares at an average price of $2.29. To acquire these shares, it cost $68,715.00. Whats Happening : The company recently announced the retirement of its CEO. What Newpark Resources Does : Newpark Resources Inc is a global Full story available on Benzinga.com
Newpark Resources, Inc. (NYSE: NR) today announced that Paul Howes, President and Chief Executive Officer, intends to retire as an officer of Newpark on February 28, 2022, and be succeeded at such time by Matthew Lanigan, the current President of Newpark's Industrial Solutions operating segment. Effective September 1, 2021, Mr. Lanigan will be promoted to the position of President and Chief Operating Officer of Newpark, and Lori Briggs, the current Vice President of Marketing for Newpark Industr
Participating from the company in today's call are Paul Howes, Newpark's President and Chief Executive Officer; Gregg Piontek, Chief Financial Officer; David Paterson, President of the Fluids business; and Matthew Lanigan, President of the Industrial Solutions business. Following my remarks, management will provide a high level commentary on the financial details of the second quarter results and near-term outlook before opening the call for Q&A. But before I turn the call over to management, I have a few housekeeping details to run through.
Newpark Resources, Inc. (NYSE: NR) ("Newpark" or the "Company") today announced results for its second quarter ended June 30, 2021. Total revenues for the second quarter of 2021 were $142.2 million compared to $141.2 million for the first quarter of 2021 and $101.9 million for the second quarter of 2020. Net loss for the second quarter of 2021 was $6.0 million, or ($0.07) per share, compared to a net loss of $5.4 million, or ($0.06) per share, for the first quarter of 2021, and a net loss of $26
NR Price Returns