Newpark Resources, Inc. (NR): Price and Financial Metrics
NR Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 0.44, Newpark Resources Inc is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than just 3.84% of US stocks.
- Over the past twelve months, NR has reported earnings growth of -827.79%, putting it ahead of just 1.71% of US stocks in our set.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for NR comes in at 26.28% -- higher than that of 92.76% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Newpark Resources Inc are KE, WETF, ASPU, ATKR, and WDR.
- NR's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Newpark Resources Inc's official web site, go to www.newpark.com.
NR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$3.47||52-week high||$4.08|
|Prev. close||$3.27||52-week low||$0.70|
|Day high||$3.56||Avg. volume||867,223|
|50-day MA||$3.33||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$2.13||Market Cap||315.61M|
Newpark Resources, Inc. (NR) Company Bio
Newpark Resources provides drilling fluids systems, and composite matting systems used in oilfield and other commercial markets. The company was founded in 1932 and is based in The Woodlands, Texas.
NR Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for NR, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Newpark Resources Inc ranked in the 36th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Newpark Resources Inc, consider:
- The stock's equity weight, or the proportion of capital from equity relative to debt, is 72. Its equity weight surpasses that of 70.01% of free cash flow generating stocks in the Energy sector.
- The company's compound free cash flow growth rate over the past 5.58 years comes in at -0.1%; that's greater than merely 14.15% of US stocks we're applying DCF forecasting to.
- Newpark Resources Inc's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -7.43. This coverage rate is greater than that of merely 9.61% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
NR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NR Latest Social Stream
View Full NR Social Stream
Latest NR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Newpark Resources Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NR as an investment opportunity.
Every investor in Newpark Resources, Inc. ( NYSE:NR ) should be aware of the most powerful shareholder groups...
NEW YORK, NY / ACCESSWIRE / February 12, 2021 / Newpark Resources, Inc. (NYSE:NR) will be discussing their earnings results in their 2020 Fourth Quarter Earnings call to be held on February 12, 2021 at 10:00 AM Eastern Time.
Participating from the Company in today's call are Paul Howes, Newpark's President and Chief Executive Officer; Gregg Piontek, Chief Financial Officer; and Dave Paterson, President of the Fluids business. Following my remarks, management will provide a high level commentary on the financial details of the fourth quarter results and near-term outlook, before opening the call for Q&A.
It is doubtless a positive to see that the Newpark Resources, Inc. ( NYSE:NR ) share price has gained some 53% in the...
Newpark Resources, Inc. (NYSE: NR) ("Newpark" or the "Company") announced today that it received formal notice on November 4, 2020 from the New York Stock Exchange ("NYSE") of non-compliance with NYSE continued listing standards. Newpark received the notice because the average closing price of its shares fell below the minimum of $1.00 per share during a consecutive 30 trading-day period. The Company is in compliance with all other NYSE continued listing standards.
NR Price Returns
Continue Researching NRWant to see what other sources are saying about Newpark Resources Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!