Norfolk Southern Corporation (NSC): Price and Financial Metrics
NSC Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $52,902,890,456, Norfolk Southern Corp has a greater market value than 95.97% of US stocks.
- NSC's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 349.76 -- higher than 88.38% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- Norfolk Southern Corp's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.46% of US equities in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Norfolk Southern Corp are SU, LVS, SHW, ICE, and BBD.
- NSC's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Norfolk Southern Corp's official web site, go to www.nscorp.com.
NSC Stock Price Chart More Charts
NSC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$209.35||52-week high||$219.88|
|Prev. close||$210.49||52-week low||$166.57|
|Day high||$211.21||Avg. volume||1,628,503|
|50-day MA||$200.31||Dividend yield||1.8%|
|200-day MA||$191.55||Market Cap||53.98B|
Norfolk Southern Corporation (NSC) Company Bio
Norfolk Southern engages in the rail transportation of raw materials, intermediate products, and finished goods. The Company's system reaches various individual industries, electric generating facilities, mines, distribution centers, transload facilities and other businesses located in its service area. The company was founded in 1883 and is based Norfolk, Virginia.
NSC Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Norfolk Southern Corp with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Norfolk Southern Corp ranked in the 44st percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 36.33%. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for NSC, they are:
- Norfolk Southern Corp's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at 6.78. This coverage rate is greater than that of 63.22% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- The weighted average cost of capital for the company is 8. This value is greater than just 22.94% stocks in the Industrials sector that generate free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|