Norfolk Southern Corp. (NSC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
NSC POWR Grades
- NSC scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 81.61% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for NSC is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- NSC's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 29.8% of US stocks).
NSC Stock Summary
- NORFOLK SOUTHERN CORP's market capitalization of $45,688,554,077 is ahead of 95.24% of US-listed equities.
- NSC's went public 37.25 years ago, making it older than 93.52% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- The volatility of NORFOLK SOUTHERN CORP's share price is greater than that of just 12.94% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to NORFOLK SOUTHERN CORP are NTR, ICE, BK, PNC, and SU.
- Visit NSC's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.norfolksouthern.com.
NSC Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, NSC's price/sales ratio is 227.27% higher, now standing at 3.6.
- NSC's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 0.7 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NSC.
NSC Growth Metrics
- The 3 year revenue growth rate now stands at -1.41%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 41.54%.
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 31.67%.
The table below shows NSC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
NSC's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- NSC has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 89.98% of graded US stocks.
- NSC's asset turnover comes in at 0.284 -- ranking 71st of 137 Transportation stocks.
- CSX, UNP, and PTSI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with NSC.
The table below shows NSC's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
NSC Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of NSC, see our NSC price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$290.78||Average Broker Recommendation||1.67 (Moderate Buy)|
NSC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NSC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$200.58||52-week high||$291.55|
|Prev. close||$205.39||52-week low||$200.32|
|Day high||$206.91||Avg. volume||1,666,625|
|50-day MA||$233.05||Dividend yield||2.63%|
|200-day MA||$236.65||Market Cap||45.69B|
Norfolk Southern Corp. (NSC) Company Bio
The Norfolk Southern Railway (reporting mark NS) is a Class I freight railroad in the United States. With headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, the company operates 19,420 route miles (31,250 km) in 22 eastern states, the District of Columbia, and has rights in Canada over the Albany to Montréal route of the Canadian Pacific Railway, and previously on CN from Buffalo to St. Thomas. NS is responsible for maintaining 28,400 miles (45,700 km), with the remainder being operated under trackage rights from other parties responsible for maintenance. The most common commodity hauled on the railway is coal from mines in Indiana, Kentucky, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia. The railway also offers the largest intermodal network in eastern North America. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
NSC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NSC Latest Social Stream
View Full NSC Social Stream
Latest NSC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about NORFOLK SOUTHERN CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NSC as an investment opportunity.
UPDATE 1-EPA tells states not to block hazardous waste shipments from Ohio derailment
The head of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency said on Friday he was notifying states they cannot block shipments of hazardous waste from a Feb. 3 Ohio train derailment to licensed disposal sites. A Norfolk Southern operated train in East Palestine, Ohio derailed carrying hazardous materials. Oklahoma Governor Kevin Stitt said earlier this week he had blocked a shipment of hazardous waste from the Ohio site to a facility in the state.
Plaintiffs firms vie for lead roles in Ohio derailment lawsuits
Rival groups of plaintiffs lawyers are vying for lead roles in nearly two dozen lawsuits against railway company Norfolk Southern over last month’s train derailment in East Palestine, Ohio, each proposing their own plan to steer the cases. The two groups on Wednesday presented their bids to U.S. District Judge Benita Yalonda Pearson in Youngstown, who is presiding over the cases. One plan proposed a coalition of non-Ohio class action firms to take the lead, while the other would split leadership between national and Ohio-based attorneys.
Norfolk Southern sued by widow of conductor trainee killed in Alabama railway accident
Norfolk Southern has been hit with another lawsuit, this time from the widow of a conductor trainee who was killed in an accident last year in Bessemer, Alabama.
Norfolk Southern reaches paid sick leave agreement with additional mechanical railroaders
Norfolk Southern Corporation (NYSE: NSC) announced Wednesday that it has reached an agreement with another of its labor unions to provide up to seven paid sick days per year to their members. The agreement, reached in collaboration with the International Brotherhood of Boilermakers and Blacksmiths (IBBB), will immediately provide Norfolk Southern's mechanical railroaders with four new days of paid sick leave per year while also offering them the flexibility to use up to three additional days of
Norfolk Southern Should Be Held Financially Responsible For Fatal Rail Accidents: Ohio Attorney General Sues
Ohio Attorney General Dave Yost filed a complaint against Norfolk Southern Corp (NYSE: NSC) seeking civil penalties, damages, court costs, and other relief related to the rail derailment on February 3. The company is under scrutiny as cleanup and environmental-monitoring efforts continue in an Ohio town after the derailment of a train carrying hazardous chemicals. The lawsuit asked the court to order the company to pay for damages to natural resources, property, and economic harm done to the sta
NSC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching NSCWant to do more research on Norfolk Southern Corp's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Norfolk Southern Corp (NSC) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Norfolk Southern Corp (NSC) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Norfolk Southern Corp (NSC) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...