Norfolk Southern Corporation (NSC): Price and Financial Metrics
NSC Stock Summary
- NSC has a market capitalization of $68,132,020,532 -- more than approximately 96.35% of US stocks.
- Norfolk Southern Corp's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.82% of US equities in our set.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, NSC is more volatile than merely 19.43% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Norfolk Southern Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be ENB, AMOV, CP, PNC, and WM.
- NSC's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Norfolk Southern Corp's official web site, go to www.norfolksouthern.com.
NSC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NSC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$273.44||52-week high||$278.37|
|Prev. close||$270.46||52-week low||$147.37|
|Day high||$278.37||Avg. volume||1,159,960|
|50-day MA||$261.51||Dividend yield||1.46%|
|200-day MA||$230.23||Market Cap||74.44B|
Norfolk Southern Corporation (NSC) Company Bio
Norfolk Southern engages in the rail transportation of raw materials, intermediate products, and finished goods. The Company's system reaches various individual industries, electric generating facilities, mines, distribution centers, transload facilities and other businesses located in its service area. The company was founded in 1883 and is based Norfolk, Virginia.
NSC Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for NSC, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Norfolk Southern Corp ranked in the 47th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 27%. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Norfolk Southern Corp, consider:
- The compound growth rate in the free cash flow of Norfolk Southern Corp over the past 5.53 years is 0.23%; that's better than 65.57% of cash flow producing equities in the Industrials sector, where it is classified.
- Norfolk Southern Corp's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than only 23.68% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
NSC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NSC Latest Social Stream
View Full NSC Social Stream
Latest NSC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Norfolk Southern Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NSC as an investment opportunity.
Canadian Pacific Railway to buy Kansas City Southern for US$25 billion betting on North American trade
BENGALURU: Canadian Pacific Railway Ltd on Sunday said it has agreed to buy Kansas City Southern for US$25 billion (RM102.8 billion) in a cash-and-shares deal to create the first rail network connecting the United States, Mexico, and Canada, betting on a pick-up in North American trade. Shareholders of Kansas City Southern will receive 0.489 of a Canadian Pacific share and $90 in cash for each KCS common share held, the companies said in a joint statement. The deal, which has an enterprise value of US$29 billion including debt, values Kansas City Southern at US$275 per share, representing a 23% premium to Friday's closing price of US$224.16. The transaction is the biggest M&A launched in 2021. “The new competition we will inject into the North American transportation market cannot happe...
The railroad industry is one of the major components of the transportation sector and is closely tied to the economy's growth. Railroad companies operate vast networks that transport agricultural products, packaged foods, commodities, electronics, and other goods to companies and consumers. Major companies in the industry include Union Pacific Corp. (UNP), Norfolk Southern Corp. (NSC), and CSX Corp. (CSX).
The following slide deck was published by Norfolk Southern Corporation in conjunction with this event....
The U.S. railroad industry seems ready to continue its turnaround after being affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, making it wise to look at names like Norfolk Southern (NSC) and Union Pacific (UNP)
Fall in passenger revenue is likely to get reflected in Gol Linhas (GOL) fourth-quarter 2020 results. However, low fuel prices are expected to have aided the bottom line.
NSC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching NSCWant to do more research on Norfolk Southern Corp's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!