Nucor Corp. (NUE): Price and Financial Metrics
NUE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$164.49||52-week high||$182.68|
|Prev. close||$167.40||52-week low||$129.46|
|Day high||$166.83||Avg. volume||1,557,507|
|50-day MA||$153.91||Dividend yield||1.2%|
|200-day MA||$155.77||Market Cap||40.44B|
NUE Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NUE POWR Grades
- NUE scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 97.96% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for NUE is in Quality, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- NUE's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 14.48% of US stocks).
NUE Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $41,893,423,820, NUCOR CORP has a greater market value than 94.04% of US stocks.
- NUCOR CORP's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.02% of US equities in our set.
- As for revenue growth, note that NUE's revenue has grown -17.2% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of merely 15.87% of US companies in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to NUE, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are DHI, GIS, BKR, HSY, and AME.
- Visit NUE's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.nucor.com.
NUE Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Basic Materials stock, NUE's EV/EBIT ratio is 48.8% lower, now standing at 6.4.
- Over the past 243 months, NUE's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NUE.
NUE Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 206.27%.
- The year over year revenue growth rate now stands at 85.58%.
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 385.57%.
The table below shows NUE's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
NUE's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- NUE has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 81.34% of graded US stocks.
- NUE's asset turnover comes in at 1.241 -- ranking 14th of 41 Steel Works Etc stocks.
- TMST, ATI, and OCC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with NUE.
The table below shows NUE's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Nucor Corp. (NUE) Company Bio
Nucor Corporation is a producer of steel and related products based in Charlotte, North Carolina. It is the largest steel producer in the United States, as well as the largest "mini-mill" steelmaker (i.e. it uses electric arc furnaces to melt scrap steel as opposed to blast furnaces to melt iron). It is also the biggest recycler of scrap in North America. (Source:Wikipedia)
NUE Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NUE Latest Social Stream
View Full NUE Social Stream
Latest NUE News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about NUCOR CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NUE as an investment opportunity.
Nucor (NUE) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
Nucor (NUE) invests $280 million to modernize its Alabama steel plate mill.
Nucor (NUE) has received quite a bit of attention from Zacks.com users lately. Therefore, it is wise to be aware of the facts that can impact the stock's prospects.
Nucor Corporation (NYSE: NUE) announced today that the company's Board of Directors approved $280 million to modernize its steel plate mill in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. The investment will enable Nucor Steel Tuscaloosa to strengthen its ability to serve key market segments that are part of the overall Plate Mill Group strategy.
Choosing dividend aristocrats to buy becomes easy when you elect to buy the royalty of income-generating stocks.
NUE Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|