Nucor Corporation (NUE): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
NUE POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where NUE ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 97.01% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for NUE is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 206 days.
- NUE ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 38th percentile.
NUE Stock Summary
- Nucor Corp's market capitalization of $30,163,588,963 is ahead of 91.84% of US-listed equities.
- NUE's went public 35.39 years ago, making it older than 92.9% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- For NUE, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 81.18% of US equities we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Nucor Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be LH, AME, VRSK, APTV, and NDAQ.
- NUE's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Nucor Corp's official web site, go to www.nucor.com.
NUE Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NUE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$102.51||52-week high||$103.98|
|Prev. close||$100.80||52-week low||$36.80|
|Day high||$102.94||Avg. volume||3,192,254|
|50-day MA||$79.79||Dividend yield||1.61%|
|200-day MA||$58.25||Market Cap||30.62B|
Nucor Corporation (NUE) Company Bio
Nucor Corporation manufactures and sells steel and steel products in the United States and internationally. It operates through three segments: Steel Mills, Steel Products, and Raw Materials. The company's products are used in automotive, energy, agricultural, heavy equipment, and transportation sectors. The company was founded in 1940 and is based in Charlotte, North Carolina.
NUE Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Nucor Corp with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Nucor Corp ranked in the 22th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Nucor Corp ended up being:
- Its compound free cash flow growth rate, as measured over the past 5.55 years, is -0.07% -- higher than merely 17% of stocks in our DCF forecasting set.
- Nucor Corp's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than merely 21.97% of tickers in our DCF set.
- As a business, Nucor Corp experienced a tax rate of about 0% over the past twelve months; relative to its sector (Basic Materials), this tax rate is higher than only 0% of stocks generating free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
NUE Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NUE Latest Social Stream
View Full NUE Social Stream
Latest NUE News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Nucor Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NUE as an investment opportunity.
Photo by davit85/iStock via Getty Images In October of 2020, I wrote an article covering the favorable outlook of one of America's largest steel companies. I became bullish on Nucor (NUE) because of its dominant position in the United States, its ability to generate free cash flow, and because the...
Nucor Corp. (NUE) announced a stock repurchase program of up to $3 billion. Following the announcement, shares of the steel producer rose 5% on May 13 to close at $100.80. Nucor and its affiliates are manufacturers of steel and steel products, with operating facilities in the United States, Canada, and Mexico. This new program, which has no expiration date, replaces the earlier-authorized stock buyback program worth $2 billion. Approximately $1.55 billion of the stock had already been repurchased under the company's old program.
If you want Dividend Aristocrat stocks, the S&P 500 Dividend Aristocrats Index helps.
What happened Shares of Array Technologies (NASDAQ: ARRY), a manufacturer of ground-mounted systems for large-scale solar energy projects, are making a bit of a recovery today after a 46% crash on Wednesday.
Nucor sets new $3 billion stock repurchase program, which could represent more than 10% of its shares
Nucor Corp. said Thursday it has set a new $3.0 billion stock repurchase program. Based on the previous session's stock closing price of $95.99, the steel products company could buy back about 10.4% of the shares outstanding. The company said the new program replaces the $2.0 billion program that was authorized in September 2018, of which $1.55 billion of common stock had been repurchased. The new program has no expiration date. The stock, which slipped 0.3% in premarket trading, has soared 80.5% year to date through Wednesday, as continuous HRC Steel Futures have run up 66.2% and the S&P 500 has gained 8.2%.
NUE Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|