Nucor Corp. (NUE): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
NUE POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where NUE ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 86.53% of US stocks.
- NUE's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- NUE's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 12.29% of US stocks).
NUE Stock Summary
- NUCOR CORP's market capitalization of $27,065,995,504 is ahead of 92.26% of US-listed equities.
- NUE's went public 36.76 years ago, making it older than 93.22% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 3, NUCOR CORP P/E ratio is greater than that of about just 5.76% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to NUE, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are AME, ROST, TSN, PH, and YUMC.
- Visit NUE's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.nucor.com.
NUE Valuation Summary
- NUE's price/earnings ratio is 3.4; this is 68.66% lower than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- Over the past 243 months, NUE's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NUE.
NUE Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at 237.54%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 80.68%.
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 54.07%.
The table below shows NUE's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
NUE's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- NUE has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 81.34% of graded US stocks.
- NUE's asset turnover comes in at 1.241 -- ranking 14th of 41 Steel Works Etc stocks.
- TMST, ATI, and OCC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with NUE.
The table below shows NUE's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
NUE Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NUE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$106.92||52-week high||$187.90|
|Prev. close||$105.29||52-week low||$88.50|
|Day high||$107.41||Avg. volume||2,867,810|
|50-day MA||$130.11||Dividend yield||1.9%|
|200-day MA||$127.08||Market Cap||27.99B|
Nucor Corp. (NUE) Company Bio
Nucor Corporation is a producer of steel and related products based in Charlotte, North Carolina. It is the largest steel producer in the United States, as well as the largest "mini-mill" steelmaker (i.e. it uses electric arc furnaces to melt scrap steel as opposed to blast furnaces to melt iron). It is also the biggest recycler of scrap in North America. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
NUE Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NUE Latest Social Stream
View Full NUE Social Stream
Latest NUE News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about NUCOR CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NUE as an investment opportunity.
The market's drop reverberated through the portfolio -- with our inverse-ETF positions helping blunt declines. Amid our moves, we exited Morgan Stanley and entered Elevance Health.
Nucor (NUE) closed at $108.85 in the latest trading session, marking a -1.49% move from the prior day.
Nucor (NUE) is well positioned to outperform the market, as it exhibits above-average growth in financials.
The heavy selling pressure might have exhausted for Nucor (NUE) as it is technically in oversold territory now. In addition to this technical measure, strong agreement among Wall Street analysts in revising earnings estimates higher indicates that the stock is ripe for a trend reversal.
Nonresidential construction in the U.S. is slowing down, meaning there is less demand for steel. Production remains below prepandemic levels.
NUE Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|