Nucor Corporation (NUE): Price and Financial Metrics
NUE Stock Summary
- NUE has a market capitalization of $18,422,214,483 -- more than approximately 87.97% of US stocks.
- Nucor Corp's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.78% of US equities in our set.
- NUE's price/sales ratio is 0.91; that's higher than the P/S ratio of just 20.27% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Nucor Corp are FWONA, VRSK, DRI, WEX, and LBTYA.
- Visit NUE's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.nucor.com.
NUE Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NUE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$61.81||52-week high||$63.48|
|Prev. close||$61.52||52-week low||$27.52|
|Day high||$62.51||Avg. volume||2,628,555|
|50-day MA||$55.16||Dividend yield||2.62%|
|200-day MA||$48.58||Market Cap||18.42B|
Nucor Corporation (NUE) Company Bio
Nucor Corporation manufactures and sells steel and steel products in the United States and internationally. It operates through three segments: Steel Mills, Steel Products, and Raw Materials. The company's products are used in automotive, energy, agricultural, heavy equipment, and transportation sectors. The company was founded in 1940 and is based in Charlotte, North Carolina.
NUE Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Nucor Corp with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Nucor Corp ranked in the 35th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Nucor Corp, consider:
- The company's compound free cash flow growth rate over the past 5.8 years comes in at -0.02%; that's greater than just 21.82% of US stocks we're applying DCF forecasting to.
- Nucor Corp's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 8%; for context, that number is higher than only 14.47% of tickers in our DCF set.
- As a business, Nucor Corp experienced a tax rate of about 0% over the past twelve months; relative to its sector (Basic Materials), this tax rate is higher than only 0% of stocks generating free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
NUE Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NUE Latest Social Stream
View Full NUE Social Stream
Latest NUE News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Nucor Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NUE as an investment opportunity.
In this article we discuss 10 best material dividend stocks to buy now. If you want to skip our detailed analysis of the materials sector and its outlook, go directly to 5 Best Material Dividend Stocks to Buy Now. Materials stocks are volatile, linked to fickle factors like commodities, oil prices, construction industry and consumer […]
Nucor's (NUE) latest facility will help the company expand its capacity and grow its line of value-added products.
Nucor Corporation (NYSE: NUE) announced plans today to build a third TrueCore manufacturing facility to be located in Brigham City, Utah. The 120,000 square foot facility will manufacture insulated wall and roof panels using state-of-the-art continuous line equipment. The new facility is expected to be operational in 2022 and will employ 50 teammates.
The board of directors of Nucor Corporation (NYSE: NUE) declared the regular quarterly cash dividend of $0.405 per share on Nucor's common stock. This cash dividend is payable on May 11, 2021 to stockholders of record on March 31, 2021 and is Nucor's 192nd consecutive quarterly cash dividend.
It's not too late to make a bet on stocks that benefit from the reopening of our economy, Jim Cramer told his Mad Money viewers Monday evening. The reopening train is leaving the station with or without you, Cramer added, which makes now the perfect time to buy. In the manufacturing space, Cramer recommended Caterpillar and said it may finally be time for Nucor to shine.
NUE Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching NUEHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Nucor Corp's stock as an investment opportunity:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!