Nucor Corporation (NUE): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
NUE POWR Grades
- NUE scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 97.79% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for NUE is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 52 weeks.
- NUE's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 23.67% of US stocks).
NUE Stock Summary
- NUE has a market capitalization of $30,338,645,362 -- more than approximately 90.78% of US stocks.
- NUE's went public 35.82 years ago, making it older than 92.73% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Over the past twelve months, NUE has reported earnings growth of 315.34%, putting it ahead of 92.14% of US stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to NUE, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are TRU, FOXA, FLT, LH, and CRL.
- NUE's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Nucor Corp's official web site, go to www.nucor.com.
NUE Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Basic Materials stock, NUE's price/earnings ratio is 44.72% lower, now standing at 11.
- NUE's price/earnings ratio has moved down 4.6 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, NUE's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.5.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NUE.
NUE Growth Metrics
- The year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 28.23%.
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 9.4%.
- The 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 63.78%.
The table below shows NUE's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
NUE's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- NUE has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 85.14% of graded US stocks.
- NUE's asset turnover comes in at 1.241 -- ranking 14th of 41 Steel Works Etc stocks.
- TMST, STLD, and OCC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with NUE.
The table below shows NUE's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
NUE Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NUE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$105.16||52-week high||$128.81|
|Prev. close||$103.30||52-week low||$46.00|
|Day high||$106.55||Avg. volume||3,278,289|
|50-day MA||$108.87||Dividend yield||1.57%|
|200-day MA||$88.43||Market Cap||30.88B|
Nucor Corporation (NUE) Company Bio
Nucor Corporation manufactures and sells steel and steel products in the United States and internationally. It operates through three segments: Steel Mills, Steel Products, and Raw Materials. The company's products are used in automotive, energy, agricultural, heavy equipment, and transportation sectors. The company was founded in 1940 and is based in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Most Popular Stories View All
NUE Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NUE Latest Social Stream
View Full NUE Social Stream
Latest NUE News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Nucor Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NUE as an investment opportunity.
Steel Dynamics topped views with Nucor and Cleveland-Cliffs due this week. Can they overcome peak steel-price fears?
United States Steel shares fell sharply Monday but regained some ground by the closing bell, after a double downgrade, to underweight, from Morgan Stanley analyst Carlos De Alba.
At Insider Monkey, we pore over the filings of nearly 873 top investment firms every quarter, a process we have now completed for the latest reporting period. The data we’ve gathered as a result gives us access to a wealth of collective knowledge based on these firms’ portfolio holdings as of June 30th. In this […]
Following GrowGeneration (GRWG) and HGS Hydro's mutual agreement to terminate their previously announced acquisition, the former updates its 2021 revenue guidance.
Commercial Metals' (CMC) Q4 earnings and sales figures climb year over year on solid demand and record shipment levels.
NUE Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|