Nucor Corp. (NUE): Price and Financial Metrics
NUE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$142.48||52-week high||$182.68|
|Prev. close||$140.94||52-week low||$100.13|
|Day high||$143.94||Avg. volume||1,787,810|
|50-day MA||$143.92||Dividend yield||1.53%|
|200-day MA||$143.21||Market Cap||35.79B|
NUE Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NUE POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where NUE ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 94.76% of US stocks.
- NUE's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- NUE ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 8th percentile.
NUE Stock Summary
- NUE has a higher market value than 93.26% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $33,505,599,240.
- NUE's went public 37.42 years ago, making it older than 93.61% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 5.04, NUCOR CORP P/E ratio is greater than that of about just 11.73% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to NUE, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are AME, ADM, ROST, ROK, and CTSH.
- NUE's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit NUCOR CORP's official web site, go to www.nucor.com.
NUE Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Basic Materials stock, NUE's EV/EBIT ratio is 60.54% lower, now standing at 4.4.
- NUE's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NUE.
NUE Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 206.27%.
- The year over year revenue growth rate now stands at 85.58%.
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 385.57%.
The table below shows NUE's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
NUE's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- NUE has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 81.34% of graded US stocks.
- NUE's asset turnover comes in at 1.241 -- ranking 14th of 41 Steel Works Etc stocks.
- TMST, ATI, and OCC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with NUE.
The table below shows NUE's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
NUE Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of NUE, see our NUE price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$112.36||Average Broker Recommendation||1.77 (Moderate Buy)|
Nucor Corp. (NUE) Company Bio
Nucor Corporation is a producer of steel and related products based in Charlotte, North Carolina. It is the largest steel producer in the United States, as well as the largest "mini-mill" steelmaker (i.e. it uses electric arc furnaces to melt scrap steel as opposed to blast furnaces to melt iron). It is also the biggest recycler of scrap in North America. (Source:Wikipedia)
NUE Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NUE Latest Social Stream
View Full NUE Social Stream
Latest NUE News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about NUCOR CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NUE as an investment opportunity.
ExxonMobil Signs Deal to Capture Carbon From Nucor's Plant
ExxonMobil (XOM) will capture up to 800,000 metric tons of CO2 per annum from Nucor's (NUE) facility and store the same at its Louisiana facility.
Nucor (NUE) Gains But Lags Market: What You Should Know
Nucor (NUE) closed the most recent trading day at $133.03, moving +0.73% from the previous trading session.
Exxon signs decarbonization contract with steel maker Nucor
Exxon Mobil Corp. said on Wednesday it signed with U.S. steel maker Nucor Corporation a carbon capture and sequestration (CCS) contract, its first from a hard to abate industry. Exxon last year inaugurated a business dedicated to making money from burying underground carbon dioxide (CO2) produced by companies looking to reduce their own atmospheric emissions. Unlike its European peers, which are investing in traditional renewable energies like solar and wind, Exxon's $17 billion energy transition strategy is mostly focused on reducing emissions from its own operations and charging clients to do the same for them.
Nucor Enters Into Carbon Capture & Storage Agreement with ExxonMobil
Nucor Corporation (NYSE: NUE) announced today that it has signed an agreement with ExxonMobil to capture, transport, and store carbon from the company's direct reduced iron (DRI) plant in Convent, Louisiana. ExxonMobil will capture up to 800,000 metric tons per year of CO2 from the DRI plant and store the CO2 at an ExxonMobil-owned facility in Louisiana.
This Is Why U.S. Steel Wants to Be More Like Nucor
Although U.S. Steel is one of the oldest steelmakers around, it is working on learning an important new trick.
NUE Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching NUEHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Nucor Corp's stock as an investment opportunity:
Nucor Corp (NUE) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Nucor Corp (NUE) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Nucor Corp (NUE) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...