Novavax, Inc. (NVAX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
NVAX POWR Grades
- NVAX scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 98.35% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for NVAX is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- NVAX's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 0.34% of US stocks).
NVAX Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for NVAX is -3.26 -- better than only 3.52% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of NOVAVAX INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 6.55% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at -8.12 for NOVAVAX INC; that's greater than it is for merely 2.43% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to NVAX, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are GRNA, HGEN, ATHX, KZIA, and CNCE.
- NVAX's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit NOVAVAX INC's official web site, go to www.novavax.com.
NVAX Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Healthcare stock, NVAX's price/sales ratio is 65% lower, now standing at 0.7.
- NVAX's price/earnings ratio has moved up 3.5 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NVAX.
NVAX Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 58.8%.
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 4802.79%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 745.36%.
The table below shows NVAX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
NVAX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- NVAX has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 58.82% of graded US stocks.
- NVAX's asset turnover comes in at 0.6 -- ranking 60th of 680 Pharmaceutical Products stocks.
- GTHX, SRRA, and OPK are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with NVAX.
The table below shows NVAX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
NVAX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NVAX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$16.52||52-week high||$236.50|
|Prev. close||$16.85||52-week low||$15.53|
|Day high||$16.55||Avg. volume||5,723,022|
|50-day MA||$19.61||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$46.13||Market Cap||1.30B|
Novavax, Inc. (NVAX) Company Bio
Novavax, Inc. focuses on discovering, developing, and commercializing recombinant nanoparticle vaccines and adjuvants. The company was founded in 1987 and is based in Gaithersburg, Maryland.
Most Popular Stories View All
NVAX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NVAX Latest Social Stream
View Full NVAX Social Stream
Latest NVAX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about NOVAVAX INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NVAX as an investment opportunity.
Is Novavax stock a buy after the Covid vaccine maker handily beat third-quarter sales estimates? Is NVAX stock a buy right now?
World Health Organization Updates Emergency Use Listing for Novavax Nuvaxovid COVID-19 Vaccine as a Primary Series in Adolescents and as a Booster in Adults
Novavax, Inc. (Nasdaq: NVAX), a biotechnology company dedicated to developing and commercializing next-generation vaccines for serious infectious diseases, today announced that the World Health Organization (WHO) has issued an updated Emergency Use Listing (EUL) for Nuvaxovid™ (NVX-CoV2373) COVID-19 vaccine for active immunization to prevent coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) caused by the severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) as a primary series of two doses in adolescen
Novavax (NVAX) drops to record lows as the delayed product launch of its COVID-19 vaccine made it lose market share. Management slashes revenue guidance by more than half.
Novavax (NASDAQ: NVAX) investors are looking at a share price decline of more than 90% over the past 12 months, and the shares are now trading close to their 52-week low. Importantly, Gavi has paid Novavax $700 million in the last two years, and its $350 million payment in 2021 accounted for a large fraction of the biotech's $1.1 billion in total revenue for the year.
It's been a difficult year for stocks (and investors) in general. But certain stocks have had a particularly trying time. These companies faced specific challenges -- and that's sent their shares tumbling further than the general market.
NVAX Price Returns