National Western Life Group, Inc. - (NWLI): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
NWLI POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where NWLI ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 98.75% of US stocks.
- NWLI's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- NWLI's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 27.48% of US stocks).
NWLI Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 4.93, National Western Life Group Inc P/E ratio is greater than that of about only 5.09% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for NWLI is currently 2.39, higher than just 7.92% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- For NWLI, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by just 0.53% of US equities we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to NWLI, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are UIHC, MRLN, DGICA, AEZS, and SNFCA.
- NWLI's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit National Western Life Group Inc's official web site, go to www.nwlgi.com.
NWLI Valuation Summary
- NWLI's price/sales ratio is 0.9; this is 25% lower than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- Over the past 243 months, NWLI's price/earnings ratio has gone down 9.5.
- Over the past 243 months, NWLI's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 7.9.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NWLI.
NWLI Growth Metrics
- The 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 290.18%.
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -5.46%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 33.48%.
The table below shows NWLI's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
NWLI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NWLI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$203.85||52-week high||$260.00|
|Prev. close||$204.99||52-week low||$168.85|
|Day high||$208.28||Avg. volume||6,980|
|50-day MA||$225.28||Dividend yield||0.17%|
|200-day MA||$216.84||Market Cap||741.20M|
National Western Life Group, Inc. - (NWLI) Company Bio
National Western Life Insurance Company operates in two segments: Domestic Insurance Operations and International Insurance Operations. The products marketed under domestic insurance operations are annuities, universal life insurance and traditional life insurance, which include both term and whole life products. The company was founded in 1956 and is based in Austin, Texas.
NWLI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NWLI Latest Social Stream
View Full NWLI Social Stream
Latest NWLI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about National Western Life Group Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NWLI as an investment opportunity.
National Western Life Group, Inc.'s (NASDAQ:NWLI) CEO Compensation Is Looking A Bit Stretched At The Moment
Shareholders of National Western Life Group, Inc. ( NASDAQ:NWLI ) will have been dismayed by the negative share price...
These seven small-cap stocks have the potential of rebounding and making it big in the post-pandemic reality of 2021.
Ross R. Moody, Chairman of the Board, President, and Chief Executive Officer of National Western Life Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: NWLI), announced today first quarter 2021 consolidated net earnings of $62.1 million, or $17.57 per diluted Class A common share, compared with a consolidated net loss of $2.1 million, or $0.58 per diluted Class A common share, for 2020. The Company's book value per share as of March 31, 2021 was $673.95.
Ross R. Moody, Chairman of the Board, President, and Chief Executive Officer of National Western Life Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: NWLI), announced today 2020 consolidated net earnings of $92.3 million, or $26.11 per diluted Class A common share, compared with consolidated net earnings of $131.6 million, or $37.22 per diluted Class A common share, for 2019. The Company's book value per share increased to $698.50 as of December 31, 2020 from $582.07 as of December 31, 2019. For the quarter ended December 31, 2020, the Company reported consolidated net earnings of $35.1 million, or $9.94 per diluted Class A common share, compared with $37.7 million, or $10.67 per diluted Class A common share, in the fourth quarter of 2019.
The big shareholder groups in National Western Life Group, Inc. ( NASDAQ:NWLI ) have power over the company. Large...
NWLI Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching NWLIWant to see what other sources are saying about National Western Life Group Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
National Western Life Group Inc (NWLI) Stock Price | Nasdaq
National Western Life Group Inc (NWLI) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
National Western Life Group Inc (NWLI) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch