Northwest Natural Holding Company (NWN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
NWN POWR Grades
- NWN scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 70.18% of US stocks.
- NWN's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 52 weeks.
- NWN's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 6.89% of US stocks).
NWN Stock Summary
- NWN's went public 31.7 years ago, making it older than 84.07% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of Northwest Natural Holding Co's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 0.36% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Northwest Natural Holding Co is higher than it is for about 91.92% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to NWN, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are GLOP, MGEE, ATCO, IDA, and FRO.
- NWN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Northwest Natural Holding Co's official web site, go to www.nwnatural.com.
NWN Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Utilities stock, NWN's price/sales ratio is 9.52% lower, now standing at 1.9.
- NWN's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.8 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, NWN's price/earnings ratio has gone up 3.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NWN.
NWN Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 221.39%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -96.2%.
- The 5 year price growth rate now stands at 29.93%.
The table below shows NWN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
NWN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- NWN has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 40.41% of graded US stocks.
- NWN's asset turnover comes in at 0.219 -- ranking 50th of 105 Utilities stocks.
- WEC, ES, and RGCO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with NWN.
The table below shows NWN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
NWN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NWN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$43.82||52-week high||$56.75|
|Prev. close||$44.48||52-week low||$41.71|
|Day high||$44.26||Avg. volume||209,647|
|50-day MA||$46.28||Dividend yield||4.34%|
|200-day MA||$51.00||Market Cap||1.34B|
Northwest Natural Holding Company (NWN) Company Bio
Northwest Natural Gas Company stores and distributes natural gas in the United States. The local gas distribution business, referred to as the utility segment, serves residential, commercial, and industrial customers in Oregon and southwest Washington; and the gas storage business, referred to as the gas storage segment, provides storage services for utilities, gas marketers, electric generators and industrial users from storage facilities located in Oregon and California. The company was founded in 1859 and is based in Portland, Oregon.
Most Popular Stories View All
NWN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NWN Latest Social Stream
View Full NWN Social Stream
Latest NWN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Northwest Natural Holding Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NWN as an investment opportunity.
NWN vs. OGS: Which Stock Is the Better Value Option?
Northwest Natural Holding (NWN) makes a solid case for investment, given steady customer growth, well-chalked out capital spending and its ability to serve customers more effectively.
Today we'll do a simple run through of a valuation method used to estimate the attractiveness of Northwest Natural...
It’s a long way from a done deal, but Eugene leaders on Wednesday took a step toward banning natural gas connections in new buildings, which would be a first in Oregon. The City Council voted to “direct the city manager to schedule work sessions to discuss changes to the city code that would require all newly constructed commercial and residential buildings to be electric only beginning Jan. 1, 2023.” Activists who favor an “electrify everything” approach to energy decarbonization called it a victory that would lead to Eugene and more communities rejecting new gas infrastructure.
PORTLAND, Ore., November 17, 2021--NW Natural today released Vision 2050: Destination Zero, an in-depth scenario analysis illustrating options to achieve carbon neutrality by 2050 for the energy services it provides to its customers.
NWN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching NWNWant to see what other sources are saying about Northwest Natural Holding Co's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Northwest Natural Holding Co (NWN) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Northwest Natural Holding Co (NWN) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Northwest Natural Holding Co (NWN) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch