Northwest Natural Holding Company (NWN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
NWN POWR Grades
- NWN scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 95.07% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for NWN is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- NWN's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 5.85% of US stocks).
NWN Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of NORTHWEST NATURAL HOLDING CO's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 0.45% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- For NWN, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 90.55% of US equities we're observing.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, NWN is more volatile than just 6.13% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to NORTHWEST NATURAL HOLDING CO, a group of peers worth examining would be IDA, UTL, ALE, PNW, and KNOP.
- Visit NWN's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.nwnatural.com.
NWN Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Utilities stock, NWN's price/sales ratio is 15% lower, now standing at 1.7.
- Over the past 243 months, NWN's price/earnings ratio has gone up 5.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NWN.
NWN Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 14.17%.
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -21.05%.
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -15.62%.
The table below shows NWN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
NWN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- NWN has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 40.41% of graded US stocks.
- NWN's asset turnover comes in at 0.219 -- ranking 50th of 105 Utilities stocks.
- WEC, ES, and RGCO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with NWN.
The table below shows NWN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
NWN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NWN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$43.38||52-week high||$57.63|
|Prev. close||$44.91||52-week low||$43.07|
|Day high||$45.17||Avg. volume||246,703|
|50-day MA||$50.09||Dividend yield||4.3%|
|200-day MA||$50.66||Market Cap||1.49B|
Northwest Natural Holding Company (NWN) Company Bio
Northwest Natural Gas Company stores and distributes natural gas in the United States. The local gas distribution business, referred to as the utility segment, serves residential, commercial, and industrial customers in Oregon and southwest Washington; and the gas storage business, referred to as the gas storage segment, provides storage services for utilities, gas marketers, electric generators and industrial users from storage facilities located in Oregon and California. The company was founded in 1859 and is based in Portland, Oregon.
Most Popular Stories View All
NWN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NWN Latest Social Stream
View Full NWN Social Stream
Latest NWN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about NORTHWEST NATURAL HOLDING CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NWN as an investment opportunity.
These high-yield stocks have increased their dividends for 50 years or more.
PORTLAND, Ore., September 08, 2022--NW Natural Holding Company (NYSE: NWN) has released its 2021 Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) report, providing in-depth coverage of the company’s progress on its ESG goals.
Midcontinent Independent System Operator, Inc -- Moody's announces completion of a periodic review for a group of North American Utilities issuers
Announcement of Periodic Review: Moody's announces completion of a periodic review for a group of North American Utilities issuersGlobal Credit Research - 30 Aug 2022New York, August 30, 2022 -- Moody's Investors Service ("Moody's") has completed a periodic review of the ratings -and other ratings that are associated with the same analytical units for the rated entity(entities) listed below.The review was conducted through a portfolio review discussion held on 23 August 2022 in which Moody's reassessed the appropriateness of the ratings in the context of the relevant principal methodology(ies), recent developments, and a comparison of the financial and operating profile to similarly rated peers. A possible outcome from periodic reviews is a referral of a rating to a rating committee.Th...
Oregon’s three natural gas distribution utilities — all investor-owned companies regulated by the Public Utility Commission — have filed for double-digit rate increases to take effect this November as they pass along rising wholesale prices. The hikes come on top of big increases last year and an impending general rate increase of nearly 10% for NW Natural (NYSE: NWN), which serves around 80% of natural gas customers in Oregon. The Citizens’ Utility Board, which represents residential ratepayers, said the cumulative increase for NW Natural customers would amount to 42.4% since last October.
News media may contact David Roy at 503-610-7157. Speaking this morning are David Anderson, president and chief executive officer; and Frank Burkhartsmeyer, senior vice president and chief financial officer.
NWN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching NWNWant to see what other sources are saying about Northwest Natural Holding Co's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Northwest Natural Holding Co (NWN) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Northwest Natural Holding Co (NWN) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Northwest Natural Holding Co (NWN) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch