Old Dominion Freight Line Inc. (ODFL): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
ODFL POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where ODFL ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 84.2% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for ODFL is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- ODFL's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 5.34% of US stocks).
ODFL Stock Summary
- OLD DOMINION FREIGHT LINE INC's market capitalization of $36,253,708,685 is ahead of 93.8% of US-listed equities.
- OLD DOMINION FREIGHT LINE INC's stock had its IPO on October 24, 1991, making it an older stock than 84.63% of US equities in our set.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for OLD DOMINION FREIGHT LINE INC is higher than it is for about just 8.05% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to OLD DOMINION FREIGHT LINE INC are AJG, JCI, COF, CRH, and ALL.
- Visit ODFL's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.odfl.com.
ODFL Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, ODFL's price/sales ratio is 427.27% higher, now standing at 5.8.
- Over the past 243 months, ODFL's price/earnings ratio has gone up 8.7.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for ODFL.
ODFL Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 650.71%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at 171.51%.
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at 35.15%.
The table below shows ODFL's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
ODFL's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- ODFL has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 94.41% of graded US stocks.
- ODFL's asset turnover comes in at 1.045 -- ranking 32nd of 137 Transportation stocks.
- PTSI, FWRD, and XPO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with ODFL.
The table below shows ODFL's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
ODFL Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of ODFL, see our ODFL price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$276.30||Average Broker Recommendation||1.72 (Moderate Buy)|
ODFL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
ODFL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$333.61||52-week high||$381.81|
|Prev. close||$331.38||52-week low||$231.31|
|Day high||$335.49||Avg. volume||782,482|
|50-day MA||$341.63||Dividend yield||0.48%|
|200-day MA||$294.87||Market Cap||36.71B|
Old Dominion Freight Line Inc. (ODFL) Company Bio
Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc. (ODFL) is an American regional, inter-regional and national less than truckload shipping (LTL) company. In addition to its core LTL services, the company offers logistics and household moving services. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
ODFL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
ODFL Latest Social Stream
View Full ODFL Social Stream
Latest ODFL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about OLD DOMINION FREIGHT LINE INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate ODFL as an investment opportunity.
Old Dominion Freight Line to Webcast First Quarter 2023 Conference Call
THOMASVILLE, N.C., March 29, 2023--Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc. (Nasdaq: ODFL) announced today that it plans to release its first quarter 2023 financial results before opening of trading on Wednesday, April 26, 2023. The Company will also hold a conference call to discuss its financial results and outlook at 10:00 a.m. (Eastern Time) on Wednesday, April 26, 2023.
Does Old Dominion Freight Line (NASDAQ:ODFL) Deserve A Spot On Your Watchlist?
For beginners, it can seem like a good idea (and an exciting prospect) to buy a company that tells a good story to...
6 Reasons Why You Should Buy Old Dominion (ODFL) Stock Now
Old Dominion (ODFL) fourth-quarter 2022 revenues benefit from an increase in less-than-truckload revenue per hundredweight.
IBD Stock Of The Day ODFL: Trucker Old Dominion Geared Up To Lead Soft-Landing Rally
IBD Stock Of The Day: Old Dominion Freight Line looks poised to break out if the economy doesn't hit reverse.
Old Dominion (ODFL) Posts Weak February LTL Unit Performance
Old Dominion's (ODFL) revenue per day fell 2.9% year over year in February 2023 due to a decrease in LTL tons per day.
ODFL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching ODFLHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Old Dominion Freight Line Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Old Dominion Freight Line Inc (ODFL) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Old Dominion Freight Line Inc (ODFL) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Old Dominion Freight Line Inc (ODFL) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...