Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc. (ODFL): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
ODFL POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where ODFL ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 97.79% of US stocks.
- ODFL's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- ODFL ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 12th percentile.
ODFL Stock Summary
- Old Dominion Freight Line Inc's market capitalization of $29,610,417,050 is ahead of 91.19% of US-listed equities.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Old Dominion Freight Line Inc is higher than it is for about merely 7.96% of US stocks.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 122.08%, Old Dominion Freight Line Inc's debt growth rate surpasses 91.84% of about US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Old Dominion Freight Line Inc are GWW, WLTW, AJG, MGA, and ZBH.
- ODFL's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Old Dominion Freight Line Inc's official web site, go to www.odfl.com.
ODFL Valuation Summary
- ODFL's price/sales ratio is 7.1; this is 294.44% higher than that of the median Industrials stock.
- ODFL's price/sales ratio has moved up 6.9 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, ODFL's price/sales ratio has gone up 6.9.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for ODFL.
ODFL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
ODFL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$259.78||52-week high||$276.09|
|Prev. close||$261.08||52-week low||$176.34|
|Day high||$263.07||Avg. volume||673,421|
|50-day MA||$257.51||Dividend yield||0.31%|
|200-day MA||$227.00||Market Cap||30.13B|
Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc. (ODFL) Company Bio
Old Dominion Freight Line offers a broad range of value-added services including international freight forwarding, container drayage, truckload brokerage, supply chain consulting and warehousing. The company was founded in 1934 and is based in Thomasville, North Carolina.
ODFL Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for ODFL, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Old Dominion Freight Line Inc ranked in the 56th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Specifically, our DCF analysis implies the stock is trading below its fair value by an estimated 7.5%. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Old Dominion Freight Line Inc, consider:
- Interest coverage, a measure of earnings relative to interest payments, is 311.43 -- which is good for besting 97.67% of its peer stocks (US stocks in the Industrials sector with positive cash flow).
- The business' balance sheet suggests that 0% of the company's capital is sourced from debt; this is greater than just 4.1% of the free cash flow producing stocks we're observing.
- ODFL's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 60.92% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
ODFL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
ODFL Latest Social Stream
View Full ODFL Social Stream
Latest ODFL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Old Dominion Freight Line Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate ODFL as an investment opportunity.
Old Dominion (ODFL) has an impressive earnings surprise history and currently possesses the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely beat in its next quarterly report.
Rise in operating expenses is expected to hurt Old Dominion's (ODFL) second-quarter performance. However, improvement in operating ratio due to higher revenues might have aided.
Old Dominion Freight Line (ODFL) declares $0.20/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.Forward yield 0.31%Payable Sept. 15; for shareholders of record Sept. 1; ex-div Aug. 31.See ODFL Dividend Scorecard, Yield Chart, & Dividend Growth....
THOMASVILLE, N.C.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc. (Nasdaq: ODFL) today announced that its Board of Directors has declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.20 per share of common stock, payable on September 15, 2021, to shareholders of record at the close of business on September 1, 2021. This dividend represents a 33.3% increase over the dividend paid in September 2020. Forward-looking statements in this news release are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Privat
In this article, we are going to share with you a list of the 25 biggest logistic companies in the world. If you want to skip our comprehensive analysis on these companies, go directly to the 5 Biggest Logistics Companies in the World. Logistics is the process that defines the coordination, allocation, and management of […]
ODFL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching ODFLHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Old Dominion Freight Line Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Old Dominion Freight Line Inc (ODFL) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Old Dominion Freight Line Inc (ODFL) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Old Dominion Freight Line Inc (ODFL) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch