Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc. (ODFL): Price and Financial Metrics
ODFL Stock Summary
- ODFL has a higher market value than 90.65% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $25,497,296,748.
- For ODFL, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by only 8.6% of US equities we're observing.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 222.06%, Old Dominion Freight Line Inc's debt growth rate surpasses 93.67% of about US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Old Dominion Freight Line Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be CBRE, AJG, TSCO, ALL, and ULTA.
- ODFL's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Old Dominion Freight Line Inc's official web site, go to www.odfl.com.
ODFL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
ODFL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$219.00||52-week high||$220.64|
|Prev. close||$217.31||52-week low||$105.80|
|Day high||$220.64||Avg. volume||674,746|
|50-day MA||$203.41||Dividend yield||0.28%|
|200-day MA||$190.16||Market Cap||25.70B|
Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc. (ODFL) Company Bio
Old Dominion Freight Line offers a broad range of value-added services including international freight forwarding, container drayage, truckload brokerage, supply chain consulting and warehousing. The company was founded in 1934 and is based in Thomasville, North Carolina.
ODFL Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Old Dominion Freight Line Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Old Dominion Freight Line Inc ranked in the 47th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Old Dominion Freight Line Inc, consider:
- Interest coverage, a measure of earnings relative to interest payments, is 414.04 -- which is good for besting 99.02% of its peer stocks (US stocks in the Industrials sector with positive cash flow).
- The business' balance sheet suggests that 1% of the company's capital is sourced from debt; this is greater than just 5.42% of the free cash flow producing stocks we're observing.
- ODFL's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 54.29% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
ODFL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
ODFL Latest Social Stream
View Full ODFL Social Stream
Latest ODFL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Old Dominion Freight Line Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate ODFL as an investment opportunity.
Old Dominion Freight Line ([[ODFL]] +1.0%) adds nine service centers in new and existing markets, expanding its network and bringing service center count to 245.The less-than-truckload (‘LTL’) carrier’s new or improved facilities include Brooklyn, N.Y., Edinburgh, Ind., Grand Island, Neb., Louisville, Ky., Mansfield, Ohio, McDonough, Ga., Mesa, Ariz., Milton, Pa....
THOMASVILLE, N.C.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc. (Nasdaq: ODFL) expands its network by adding nine service centers in new and existing markets. The steady growth brings the Company’s service center count to 245 and solidifies Old Dominion’s presence across the continental United States. The less-than-truckload (LTL) carrier’s new or improved facilities include Brooklyn, N.Y., Edinburgh, Ind., Grand Island, Neb., Louisville, Ky., Mansfield, Ohio, McDonough, Ga., Mesa, Ariz., M
Credit Suisse Stick to Their Hold Rating for Old Dominion Freight Line
Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc. (ODFL) Q4 2020 Earnings Conference Call February 04, 2021 10:00 AM ET Company Participants Greg Gantt - President & Chief Executive Officer Adam Satterfield - Chief Financial Officer Conference Call Participants Todd Fowler - KeyBanc Capital Markets Jack Atkins - Stephens Jason Seidl - Cowen...
THOMASVILLE, N.C.--(BUSINESS WIRE)---- $ODFL--Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc. (Nasdaq: ODFL) today announced financial results for the three-month and twelve-month periods ended December 31, 2020. The financial results for the fourth quarter of 2020 include $9.6 million of expense related to special employee bonus payments made in December. These bonus payments were provided to non-executive employees in appreciation for their extraordinary efforts to provide superior customer service during the difficul
ODFL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching ODFLHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Old Dominion Freight Line Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Old Dominion Freight Line Inc (ODFL) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Old Dominion Freight Line Inc (ODFL) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Old Dominion Freight Line Inc (ODFL) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!