Orion Energy Systems, Inc. (OESX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
OESX POWR Grades
- OESX scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 82.1% of US stocks.
- OESX's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 158 days.
- OESX ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 1st percentile.
OESX Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 65.35, ORION ENERGY SYSTEMS INC P/E ratio is greater than that of about 93.92% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- For OESX, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by just 4.45% of US equities we're observing.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for ORION ENERGY SYSTEMS INC comes in at -24.05%, a number that bests only 7.45% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to OESX, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are NEOG, ARTW, POWL, GOLF, and CYAN.
- OESX's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit ORION ENERGY SYSTEMS INC's official web site, go to www.orionlighting.com.
OESX Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, OESX's EV/EBIT ratio is 96.71% higher, now standing at 29.9.
- OESX's price/sales ratio has moved down 8.2 over the prior 180 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for OESX.
OESX Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at -47.34%.
- The 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -49.69%.
- The 3 year price growth rate now stands at -13.83%.
The table below shows OESX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
OESX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- OESX has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 86.46% of graded US stocks.
- OESX's asset turnover comes in at 1.722 -- ranking 1st of 53 Electrical Equipment stocks.
- LYTS, POWL, and ENR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with OESX.
The table below shows OESX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
OESX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
OESX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$1.59||52-week high||$4.62|
|Prev. close||$1.58||52-week low||$1.41|
|Day high||$1.60||Avg. volume||154,359|
|50-day MA||$1.67||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$2.51||Market Cap||49.39M|
Orion Energy Systems, Inc. (OESX) Company Bio
Orion Energy Systems Inc designs, manufactures, and implements energy management systems. The Company's management system is comprised of high intensity fluorescent lighting system, InteLite intelligent lighting controls, and Apollo Light Pipe. Orion Energy Systems offers energy savings and efficiency gains to commercial and industrial customers.
Most Popular Stories View All
OESX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
OESX Latest Social Stream
View Full OESX Social Stream
Latest OESX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about ORION ENERGY SYSTEMS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate OESX as an investment opportunity.
While Orion Energy Systems, Inc. ( NASDAQ:OESX ) might not be the most widely known stock at the moment, it saw a...
LED Lighting and Electric Maintenance Services Provider Orion to Participate at H.C. Wainwright Investment Conference Sept. 12th & 13th – Presentation Available Online Starting Monday, Sept. 12th
MANITOWOC, Wis., Aug. 25, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Orion Energy Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: OESX) (Orion Lighting), a provider of energy-efficient LED lighting and control systems and electrical maintenance services, will participate at H.C. Wainwright’s 24th Annual Global Investment Hybrid Conference on Monday and Tuesday, September 12th and 13th. Orion’s CEO Mike Altschaefl, COO Mike Jenkins and CFO Per Brodin will be available for virtual investor meetings both Monday and Tuesday. The Company’s in
Orion Energy Systems Secures $4.2M in LED Lighting Retrofit Projects for Major Automotive Manufacturer
MANITOWOC, Wis., Aug. 09, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Orion Energy Systems, Inc. (Nasdaq: OESX) (Orion Lighting), a provider of energy-efficient LED lighting and control systems, including turnkey project implementation, program management and system maintenance, today announced it has secured contracts totaling $4.2M to retrofit two manufacturing facilities for a major automotive manufacturer. Orion expects to complete the retrofit projects during its fiscal 2023 third and fourth quarters. Mike Al
Orion Energy Systems Reports Q1 Revenue of $17.9M, Reflecting Customer Delays on Large LED Lighting Projects
MANITOWOC, Wis., Aug. 03, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Orion Energy Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: OESX) (Orion Lighting), a provider of energy-efficient LED lighting and control systems and electrical maintenance services, today reported results for its fiscal 2023 first quarter ended June 30, 2022 (Q1’23). Orion also announced separately today its CEO Transition Plan. Orion will hold an investor call and webcast to review these announcements today at 10:00 a.m. ET – online pre-registration is required to
Orion Energy Systems Announces CEO Transition Plan - Mike Altschaefl to Retire as CEO on November 10, 2022; EVP and COO Mike Jenkins Named as New CEO
MANITOWOC, Wis., Aug. 03, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Orion Energy Systems, Inc. (Nasdaq: OESX) (Orion Lighting), a provider of energy-efficient LED lighting and control systems, including turnkey project implementation, program management and system maintenance, today announced that Michael H. Jenkins, the Company’s Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, will assume the role of Chief Executive Officer following the retirement of Mike Altschaefl, Orion’s Board Chair and CEO, effectiv
OESX Price Returns
Continue Researching OESXWant to see what other sources are saying about Orion Energy Systems Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Orion Energy Systems Inc (OESX) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Orion Energy Systems Inc (OESX) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Orion Energy Systems Inc (OESX) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch