Ovintiv Inc. (OVV): Price and Financial Metrics
OVV Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 0.11, Ovintiv Inc is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than just 1.39% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of Ovintiv Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 3.41% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Ovintiv Inc is reporting a growth rate of -868.87%; that's higher than only 1.97% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Ovintiv Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be GTE, CPE, CORR, SSL, and SWN.
- Visit OVV's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.ovintiv.com.
OVV Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
OVV Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$23.10||52-week high||$24.53|
|Prev. close||$22.80||52-week low||$2.10|
|Day high||$23.27||Avg. volume||3,461,599|
|50-day MA||$17.81||Dividend yield||1.67%|
|200-day MA||$12.16||Market Cap||6.00B|
Ovintiv Inc. (OVV) Company Bio
Ovintiv Inc. operates as an energy producer. The Company focuses on developing its multi-basin portfolio of oil, natural gas liquids, and natural gas producing plays. Ovintiv serves clients in the United States and Canada.
OVV Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Ovintiv Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Ovintiv Inc ranked in the 4th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 99%. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Ovintiv Inc ended up being:
- The compound growth rate in the free cash flow of Ovintiv Inc over the past 1.98 years is -0.3%; that's higher than just 11.39% of free cash flow generating stocks in the Energy sector.
- 43% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than only 14.06% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- Ovintiv Inc's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -14.44. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 6.59% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
OVV Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
OVV Latest Social Stream
View Full OVV Social Stream
Latest OVV News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Ovintiv Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate OVV as an investment opportunity.
OVV earnings call for the period ending December 31, 2020.
Ovintiv Inc. (OVV) Q4 2020 Earnings Conference Call February 18, 2021 11:00 ET Company Participants Steve Campbell - Investor Relations Doug Suttles - Chief Executive Officer Corey Code - Executive Vice President & Chief Financial Officer Greg Givens - Executive Vice President & Chief Operating Officer Renee Zemljak - Executive...
NEW YORK, NY / ACCESSWIRE / February 18, 2021 / Ovintiv Inc (NYSE:OVV) will be discussing their earnings results in their 2020 Fourth Quarter Earnings call to be held on February 18, 2021 at 11:00 AM Eastern Time.To listen to the event live or .
Ovintiv (OVV): Q4 EPS of -$2.36 may not be comparable to consensus of $0.57.Fourth quarter total production averaged 557 thousand barrels of oil equivalent per day (MBOE/d).Full-year 2020 production averaged 544 MBOE/d.Company reached an agreement to sell its Duvernay assets for $263M including $12M of contingent payments.Press Release...
New Strong Buy Stocks for February 12th
OVV Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!