Ovintiv Inc. (OVV): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
OVV POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where OVV ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 98.24% of US stocks.
- OVV's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving down over the last 26 weeks.
- OVV's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 1.32% of US stocks).
OVV Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 3.41, OVINTIV INC P/E ratio is greater than that of about only 5.38% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, OVINTIV INC is reporting a growth rate of -1,066.74%; that's higher than just 1.5% of US stocks.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for OVV comes in at 16.87% -- higher than that of 90.05% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to OVINTIV INC are ZNH, TRMD, TNK, CENX, and HNRG.
- Visit OVV's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.ovintiv.com.
OVV Valuation Summary
- OVV's price/sales ratio is 1; this is 23.08% lower than that of the median Energy stock.
- Over the past 241 months, OVV's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for OVV.
OVV Growth Metrics
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 38.54%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at -89.62%.
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 28.68%.
The table below shows OVV's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
OVV's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- OVV has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 72.82% of graded US stocks.
- OVV's asset turnover comes in at 0.431 -- ranking 57th of 136 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- HES, SWN, and GDP are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with OVV.
The table below shows OVV's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
OVV Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
OVV Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$48.33||52-week high||$63.30|
|Prev. close||$50.00||52-week low||$29.52|
|Day high||$51.54||Avg. volume||4,335,292|
|50-day MA||$52.60||Dividend yield||2.07%|
|200-day MA||$50.23||Market Cap||12.00B|
Ovintiv Inc. (OVV) Company Bio
Ovintiv Inc. operates as an energy producer. The Company focuses on developing its multi-basin portfolio of oil, natural gas liquids, and natural gas producing plays. Ovintiv serves clients in the United States and Canada.
Most Popular Stories View All
OVV Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
OVV Latest Social Stream
View Full OVV Social Stream
Latest OVV News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about OVINTIV INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate OVV as an investment opportunity.
Ovintiv's (OVV) third-quarter earnings lag the consensus mark, while sales outperform the same.
Ovintiv ( TSE:OVV ) Third Quarter 2022 Results Key Financial Results Revenue: US$3.53b (up 30% from 3Q 2021). Net...
Ovintiv Inc. (OVV)
Q3 2022 Results Conference Call
November 9, 2022 10:00 AM ET
Brendan McCracken - Chief Executive Officer
Greg Givens - Executive Vice President, Chief Operating Officer
Corey Code - Executive Vice President, Chief Financial Officer
Jason Verhaest - Investor Relations
Conference Call Participants
Doug Leggate - Bank of America
Jeanine Wai - Barclays
Neal Dingmann - Truist
Greg Pardy - RBC Capital Markets
Menno Hulshof - TD Securities
Umang Choudhary - Goldman Sachs
Philip Johnston - Capital One
Nicholas Pope - Seaport Research
Noel Parks - Tuohy Brothers
Smart Beta ETF report for SMLF
Ovintiv Inc. (NYSE: OVV) (TSX: OVV) ("Ovintiv" or the "Company") today announced its third quarter 2022 financial and operating results. The Company plans to hold a conference call and webcast at 8:00 a.m. MT (10:00 a.m. ET) on November 9, 2022. Please see dial-in details within this release, as well as additional details on the Company's website at www.ovintiv.com.
OVV Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|