Ovintiv Inc. (OVV): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
OVV POWR Grades
- OVV scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 99.98% of US stocks.
- OVV's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 160 days.
- OVV ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 15th percentile.
OVV Stock Summary
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for OVV is currently 3.3, higher than just 10.07% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- Of note is the ratio of Ovintiv Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 7.34% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Ovintiv Inc's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 24.99%, greater than the shareholder yield of 92.21% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Ovintiv Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be VST, ENIA, HNP, GL, and LUMN.
- OVV's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Ovintiv Inc's official web site, go to www.ovintiv.com.
OVV Valuation Summary
- OVV's price/earnings ratio is -3.7; this is 118.41% lower than that of the median Energy stock.
- OVV's price/earnings ratio has moved down 16.1 over the prior 225 months.
- Over the past 225 months, OVV's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 17.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for OVV.
OVV Growth Metrics
- The 5 year price growth rate now stands at -81.56%.
- The 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 118.14%.
- The 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -81.06%.
The table below shows OVV's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
OVV's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- OVV has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 72.82% of graded US stocks.
- OVV's asset turnover comes in at 0.431 -- ranking 57th of 136 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- HES, SWN, and GDP are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with OVV.
The table below shows OVV's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
OVV Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
OVV Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$38.41||52-week high||$41.33|
|Prev. close||$39.31||52-week low||$15.51|
|Day high||$39.93||Avg. volume||3,281,731|
|50-day MA||$35.25||Dividend yield||1.42%|
|200-day MA||$30.66||Market Cap||10.00B|
Ovintiv Inc. (OVV) Company Bio
Ovintiv Inc. operates as an energy producer. The Company focuses on developing its multi-basin portfolio of oil, natural gas liquids, and natural gas producing plays. Ovintiv serves clients in the United States and Canada.
Most Popular Stories View All
OVV Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
OVV Latest Social Stream
View Full OVV Social Stream
Latest OVV News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Ovintiv Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate OVV as an investment opportunity.
Ovintiv (OVV) has an impressive earnings surprise history and currently possesses the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely beat in its next quarterly report.
Among the stocks receiving the most positive attention is Ovintiv , whose strong cash flow prospects could give it an edge.
In this article we are going to estimate the intrinsic value of Ovintiv Inc. ( TSE:OVV ) by taking the expected future...
In this article, we discuss the 10 oil and gas stocks to buy in billionaire Steve Cohen’s portfolio. If you want to skip our detailed analysis of these stocks, go directly to the 5 Oil and Gas Stocks in Billionaire Steve Cohen’s Portfolio. Steve Cohen is an American investor, businessman, philanthropist, and avid art collector. […]
No summary available.
OVV Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|