Ovintiv Inc. (OVV): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
OVV POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where OVV ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 94.47% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for OVV is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 206 days.
- OVV ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 20th percentile.
OVV Stock Summary
- OVV's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 0.22 -- higher than only 1.98% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- Of note is the ratio of Ovintiv Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 3.27% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Ovintiv Inc is reporting a growth rate of -468.47%; that's higher than only 4.1% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to OVV, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are MTDR, USM, KRA, TDS, and SPXC.
- OVV's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Ovintiv Inc's official web site, go to www.ovintiv.com.
OVV Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
OVV Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$26.16||52-week high||$28.69|
|Prev. close||$24.97||52-week low||$6.04|
|Day high||$26.33||Avg. volume||3,082,761|
|50-day MA||$24.79||Dividend yield||1.45%|
|200-day MA||$16.32||Market Cap||6.83B|
Ovintiv Inc. (OVV) Company Bio
Ovintiv Inc. operates as an energy producer. The Company focuses on developing its multi-basin portfolio of oil, natural gas liquids, and natural gas producing plays. Ovintiv serves clients in the United States and Canada.
OVV Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Ovintiv Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Ovintiv Inc ranked in the 79th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Ovintiv Inc, consider:
- 48% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than just 15.5% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- Ovintiv Inc's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -16.01. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 5.87% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- As a business, Ovintiv Inc experienced a tax rate of about 0% over the past twelve months; relative to its sector (Energy), this tax rate is higher than only 0% of stocks generating free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
OVV Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
OVV Latest Social Stream
View Full OVV Social Stream
Latest OVV News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Ovintiv Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate OVV as an investment opportunity.
Ovintiv's (OVV) total expenses fall to $1.64 billion in Q1 from the year-ago figure of $1.88 billion. This drop primarily attributes to lower depreciation and amortization charges.
Image source: The Motley Fool. Ovintiv Inc. (De) (NYSE: OVV)Q1 2021 Earnings CallApr 29, 2021, 11:00 a.m. ETContents: Prepared Remarks Questions and Answers Call Participants Prepared Remarks: OperatorGood day, ladies and gentlemen, and thank you for standing by.
Ovintiv, Inc. (OVV) Q1 2021 Earnings Conference Call April 29, 2021, 11:00 ET Company Participants Stephen Campbell - SVP, IR Douglas Suttles - CEO & Director Corey Code - EVP & CFO Gregory Givens - EVP & COO Brendan McCracken - President Conference Call Participants Neil Mehta - Goldman Sachs...
Finding stocks expected to beat quarterly earnings estimates becomes an easier task with our Zacks Earnings ESP.
Rising commodity prices and management's ongoing cost-containment efforts are likely to have boosted Ovintiv's (OVV) profit levels in the first quarter.
OVV Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|