Ovintiv Inc. (OVV): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
OVV POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where OVV ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 99.23% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for OVV is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 47 weeks.
- OVV's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 16.65% of US stocks).
OVV Stock Summary
- The price/operating cash flow metric for Ovintiv Inc is higher than just 8.26% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- Of note is the ratio of Ovintiv Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 4.5% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for OVV comes in at 29.29% -- higher than that of 91.9% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to OVV, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are MTDR, CPA, GNK, EQT, and ERF.
- OVV's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Ovintiv Inc's official web site, go to www.ovintiv.com.
OVV Valuation Summary
- OVV's price/earnings ratio is -3.7; this is 118.41% lower than that of the median Energy stock.
- OVV's price/earnings ratio has moved down 16.1 over the prior 225 months.
- Over the past 225 months, OVV's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 17.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for OVV.
OVV Growth Metrics
- The 3 year price growth rate now stands at 3.66%.
- The year over year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -89.02%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at -90.89%.
The table below shows OVV's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
OVV's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- OVV has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 73.47% of graded US stocks.
- OVV's asset turnover comes in at 0.431 -- ranking 58th of 138 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- HES, SWN, and GDP are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with OVV.
The table below shows OVV's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
OVV Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
OVV Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$28.18||52-week high||$33.46|
|Prev. close||$29.37||52-week low||$6.81|
|Day high||$28.89||Avg. volume||2,870,512|
|50-day MA||$26.60||Dividend yield||1.91%|
|200-day MA||$24.02||Market Cap||7.36B|
Ovintiv Inc. (OVV) Company Bio
Ovintiv Inc. operates as an energy producer. The Company focuses on developing its multi-basin portfolio of oil, natural gas liquids, and natural gas producing plays. Ovintiv serves clients in the United States and Canada.
Most Popular Stories View All
OVV Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
OVV Latest Social Stream
View Full OVV Social Stream
Latest OVV News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Ovintiv Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate OVV as an investment opportunity.
Insiders rewarded with a US$251k addition on top of their US$711k purchase as Ovintiv Inc. (TSE:OVV) hits CA$8.6b
Last week, Ovintiv Inc. ( TSE:OVV ) insiders, who had purchased shares in the previous 12 months were rewarded...
In this article, we discuss the 7 new stocks to invest in according to Michael Burry. If you want to skip our detailed analysis of these stocks, go directly to the 2 New Stocks to Invest In According to Michael Burry. Michael Burry, the legendary investor who was the subject of a Hollywood movie for […]
SECTOR COMMENTARY: Following four straight days of losses, U.S. index futures rose and global stocks rebounded. Investors will be watching a key figure on inflation this morning. The Barclays Energy and Power Conference winds down today and Ovintiv announced a shareholder-friendly capital allocation framework. WTI and Brent trade higher this morning on pace to end  The post WTI, Brent on Pace to End Week With Slight Gains appeared first on UK Stocks, Forex, Commodities, Crypto, Live Market News- Daily Forex News .
Ovintiv Inc. (NYSE: OVV) (TSX: OVV) today announced a new capital allocation framework, which supports the Company's goal of unlocking shareholder value by delivering on its strategic priorities of financial strength, increasing cash returns to shareholders, generating superior returns on capital investment, and driving ESG progress.
The market’s legendary investors built their names, and their fortunes, on success, the paths they followed were as varied and interesting as in any human endeavor. And one of the best such stories for market success is that of Israel Englander. Englander is one of the true geniuses at work in the stock markets today. In 1988, with $35 million in seed money, Englander started Millennium Management. In the decades since, Englander had grown his firm into a $50 billion behemoth. In short, when Englander talks – or acts – on the markets, investors pay attention.
OVV Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|