Occidental Petroleum Corporation (OXY): Price and Financial Metrics
OXY Stock Summary
- OXY's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 0.1 -- higher than merely 1.23% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- Of note is the ratio of Occidental Petroleum Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 3.76% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Occidental Petroleum Corp is reporting a growth rate of -1,526.65%; that's higher than merely 1.01% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Occidental Petroleum Corp are BKR, RCI, HAL, MPLX, and ET.
- OXY's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Occidental Petroleum Corp's official web site, go to www.oxy.com.
OXY Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
OXY Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$23.21||52-week high||$32.52|
|Prev. close||$24.54||52-week low||$8.52|
|Day high||$24.51||Avg. volume||20,098,807|
|50-day MA||$26.80||Dividend yield||0.16%|
|200-day MA||$17.97||Market Cap||21.67B|
Occidental Petroleum Corporation (OXY) Company Bio
Occidental Petroleum engages in the acquisition, exploration, and development of oil and gas properties in the United States and internationally. The company was founded in 1920 and is based in Houston, Texas.
OXY Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Occidental Petroleum Corp with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Occidental Petroleum Corp ranked in the 52th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for OXY, they are:
- As a business, OXY is generating more cash flow than 86.59% of positive cash flow stocks in the Energy.
- 38% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than only 9.66% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- Occidental Petroleum Corp's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -10.94. This coverage rate is greater than that of just 7.66% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
OXY Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
OXY Latest Social Stream
View Full OXY Social Stream
Latest OXY News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Occidental Petroleum Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate OXY as an investment opportunity.
A team of geologists may have just discovered what could be the world's last big oil frontier, and Oilprice.com readers were among the first to find out about it
In January, Occidental Petroleum announced it had accomplished something no oil company had done before: It sold a shipload of crude that it said was 100% carbon-neutral. While the two-million-barrel cargo to India was destined to produce more than a million tons of planet-warming carbon over its lifecycle, from well to tailpipe, the Texas-based driller said it had completely offset that impact by purchasing carbon credits under a U.N.-sponsored program called CORSIA. Carbon credits are financial instruments generated by projects that reduce or avert greenhouse-gas emissions such as mass tree plantings or solar power farms.
Photo by Neilson Barnard/Getty Images Entertainment via Getty ImagesOccidental Petroleum (OXY) was in the news recently for Carl Icahn selling $180 million in stock. He still has a near 8% ownership in the company, after an activist battle recently where Occidental Petroleum utilized a poison pill to stop him from...
Top Analyst Upgrades and Downgrades: Alphabet, Facebook, Harley-Davidson, JetBlue, Lowe’s, Occidental, Overstock.com, Snap, Southwest Air and More – 24/7 Wall St.
Wednesday's top analyst upgrades and downgrades included Alphabet, Facebook, Harley-Davidson, JetBlue Airways, Lowe's Companies, Occidental Petroleum, Overstock.com, Snap and Southwest Airlines.
Photo by imaginima/E+ via Getty ImagesThe rising oil prices have given the management of Occidental Petroleum (OXY) some breathing room. Now let us see what they do with that room. This is a notoriously poor visibility industry so things could change unfavorably overnight. Occidental Petroleum management already has experienced one...
OXY Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching OXYHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Occidental Petroleum Corp's stock as an investment opportunity:
Occidental Petroleum Corp (OXY) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Occidental Petroleum Corp (OXY) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Occidental Petroleum Corp (OXY) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!