Occidental Petroleum Corporation (OXY): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
OXY POWR Grades
- OXY scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 99.59% of US stocks.
- OXY's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 52 weeks.
- OXY ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 17th percentile.
OXY Stock Summary
- OXY has a market capitalization of $33,016,856,764 -- more than approximately 91.56% of US stocks.
- Occidental Petroleum Corp's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.71% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of Occidental Petroleum Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 5.78% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Occidental Petroleum Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be KMI, MPLX, ET, SCCO, and O.
- OXY's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Occidental Petroleum Corp's official web site, go to www.oxy.com.
OXY Valuation Summary
- OXY's EV/EBIT ratio is -14.8; this is 181.54% lower than that of the median Energy stock.
- Over the past 243 months, OXY's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 19.3.
- OXY's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.7 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for OXY.
OXY Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at -82.86%.
- The 4 year price growth rate now stands at -82.4%.
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -54.6%.
The table below shows OXY's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
OXY's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- OXY has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 64.57% of graded US stocks.
- OXY's asset turnover comes in at 0.224 -- ranking 100th of 136 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- KWR, DK, and GTE are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with OXY.
The table below shows OXY's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
OXY Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
OXY Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$33.30||52-week high||$35.75|
|Prev. close||$35.36||52-week low||$8.52|
|Day high||$34.95||Avg. volume||18,363,234|
|50-day MA||$28.67||Dividend yield||0.11%|
|200-day MA||$27.05||Market Cap||31.09B|
Occidental Petroleum Corporation (OXY) Company Bio
Occidental Petroleum engages in the acquisition, exploration, and development of oil and gas properties in the United States and internationally. The company was founded in 1920 and is based in Houston, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
OXY Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
OXY Latest Social Stream
View Full OXY Social Stream
Latest OXY News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Occidental Petroleum Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate OXY as an investment opportunity.
The Invesco Dynamic Energy Exploration & Production ETF is seeing unusually high volume in afternoon trading Monday, with over 555,000 shares traded versus three month average volume of about 87,000. Shares of PXE were up about 2.4% on the day. Components of that ETF with the highest volume on Monday were Occidental Petroleum, trading up  The post Mondays ETF with Unusual Volume: PXE appeared first on UK Stocks, Forex, Commodities, Crypto, Live Market News- Daily Forex News .
Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE:OXY) price is hovering higher on Monday, October 25, jumping 4.44% above its previous close. >> 7 Top Picks for the Post-Pandemic Economy > 7 Top Picks for the Post-Pandemic Economy
Does Occidental Petroleum (OXY) have what it takes to be a top stock pick for momentum investors? Let's find out.
HBK Investments L P bought a new stake in Occidental Petroleum Co. (NYSE:OXY) during the 2nd quarter, Holdings Channel reports. The firm bought 40,346 shares of the oil and gas producers stock, valued at approximately $1,262,000. Several other hedge funds also recently made changes to their positions in the business. GQG Partners LLC purchased a 
High-upside stocks are always hot favorites of value investors.
OXY Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching OXYHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Occidental Petroleum Corp's stock as an investment opportunity:
Occidental Petroleum Corp (OXY) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Occidental Petroleum Corp (OXY) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Occidental Petroleum Corp (OXY) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch