Occidental Petroleum Corporation (OXY): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
OXY POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where OXY ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 94.59% of US stocks.
- OXY's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- OXY's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 11.31% of US stocks).
OXY Stock Summary
- OXY's went public 35.6 years ago, making it older than 92.76% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of Occidental Petroleum Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 3.62% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Occidental Petroleum Corp is reporting a growth rate of 749.1%; that's higher than 97.15% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to OXY, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are TEVA, PKI, GPC, LH, and ERIC.
- Visit OXY's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.oxy.com.
OXY Valuation Summary
- OXY's price/earnings ratio is -1.8; this is 110.94% lower than that of the median Energy stock.
- OXY's price/earnings ratio has moved down 7.6 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, OXY's price/earnings ratio has gone down 7.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for OXY.
OXY Growth Metrics
- The 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -28.75%.
- The year over year revenue growth rate now stands at -36.06%.
- The year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -54.6%.
The table below shows OXY's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
OXY Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
OXY Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$26.10||52-week high||$33.50|
|Prev. close||$26.78||52-week low||$8.52|
|Day high||$26.81||Avg. volume||18,850,814|
|50-day MA||$28.41||Dividend yield||0.15%|
|200-day MA||$22.95||Market Cap||24.36B|
Occidental Petroleum Corporation (OXY) Company Bio
Occidental Petroleum engages in the acquisition, exploration, and development of oil and gas properties in the United States and internationally. The company was founded in 1920 and is based in Houston, Texas.
OXY Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for OXY, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Occidental Petroleum Corp ranked in the 73th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. More precisely, our analysis suggests the stock is undervalued by approximately 135.67% on a DCF basis. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for OXY, they are:
- As a business, OXY is generating more cash flow than 88.91% of positive cash flow stocks in the Energy.
- 39% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than just 9.15% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- Occidental Petroleum Corp's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -9.29. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 7.39% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
OXY Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
OXY Latest Social Stream
View Full OXY Social Stream
Latest OXY News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Occidental Petroleum Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate OXY as an investment opportunity.
HOUSTON, July 28, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Occidental (NYSE: OXY) said today that its Board of Directors has declared a regular quarterly dividend of $0.01 per share on common stock payable on October 15, 2021, to stockholders of record as of September 10, 2021. About Occidental Occidental is an international energy company with assets in the United States, Middle East, Africa and Latin America. We are one of the largest oil producers in the U.S., including a leading producer in the Permian and
Occidental Petroleum's (OXY) earnings are expected to have benefited from strong production from domestic assets and efficient debt management.
Occidental (OXY) possesses the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
Most of the names on this list of stocks to sell are companies with a good future.
We've lost count of how many times insiders have accumulated shares in a company that goes on to improve markedly...
OXY Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching OXYHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Occidental Petroleum Corp's stock as an investment opportunity:
Occidental Petroleum Corp (OXY) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Occidental Petroleum Corp (OXY) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Occidental Petroleum Corp (OXY) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch