Occidental Petroleum Corporation (OXY): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
OXY POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where OXY ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 96.63% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for OXY is in Momentum, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- OXY's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 6.84% of US stocks).
OXY Stock Summary
- OXY has a higher market value than 95.91% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $56,779,866,888.
- Over the past twelve months, OXY has reported earnings growth of 904.59%, putting it ahead of 98.11% of US stocks in our set.
- OCCIDENTAL PETROLEUM CORP's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 24.4%, greater than the shareholder yield of 94.3% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to OXY, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are SCCO, KMI, MPC, WMB, and MPLX.
- Visit OXY's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.oxy.com.
OXY Valuation Summary
- OXY's price/earnings ratio is 4.9; this is 47.87% lower than that of the median Energy stock.
- Over the past 243 months, OXY's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.5.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for OXY.
OXY Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 51.47%.
- The 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 270.06%.
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 67.76%.
The table below shows OXY's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
OXY's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- OXY has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 66.1% of graded US stocks.
- OXY's asset turnover comes in at 0.224 -- ranking 100th of 136 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- KWR, DK, and GTE are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with OXY.
The table below shows OXY's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
OXY Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
OXY Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$61.24||52-week high||$77.13|
|Prev. close||$62.47||52-week low||$37.56|
|Day high||$64.02||Avg. volume||10,840,470|
|50-day MA||$64.82||Dividend yield||0.85%|
|200-day MA||$64.84||Market Cap||55.66B|
Occidental Petroleum Corporation (OXY) Company Bio
Occidental Petroleum engages in the acquisition, exploration, and development of oil and gas properties in the United States and internationally. The company was founded in 1920 and is based in Houston, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
OXY Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
OXY Latest Social Stream
View Full OXY Social Stream
Latest OXY News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about OCCIDENTAL PETROLEUM CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate OXY as an investment opportunity.
In this article, we discuss Warren Buffett’s stock portfolio and his recent buys. If you want to read about some more stocks in the Buffett portfolio, go directly to Buffett Stock Portfolio: Warren Buffett’s 5 Recent Buys. American business tycoon, entrepreneur, and investor Warren Edward Buffett presently serves as Berkshire Hathaway chairman and CEO. He […]
This Is Warren Buffett's No. 1 Stock to Buy (and You Won't Find It in Berkshire Hathaway's Portfolio)
The Oracle of Omaha has spent over $63 billion since mid-2018 buying a stock that doesn't show up in Berkshire Hathaway's 13F filings or investment portfolio.
These three are among the most undervalued Buffett stocks you can buy that are in Berkshire Hathaway's portfolio.
Occidental Petroleum (OXY) closed at $64.79 in the latest trading session, marking a +1.03% move from the prior day.
In this article, we will take a look at the top 25 lowest P/E ratios of the S&P 500. You can skip this part and go to Top 5 Lowest P/E Ratios of the S&P 500. US equities were hammered in 2022 amid the broader market downturn, rising inflation and the Federal Reserve’s rate-hike spree. However, […]
OXY Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching OXYHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Occidental Petroleum Corp's stock as an investment opportunity:
Occidental Petroleum Corp (OXY) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Occidental Petroleum Corp (OXY) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Occidental Petroleum Corp (OXY) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch