Occidental Petroleum Corporation (OXY): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
OXY POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where OXY ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 99.64% of US stocks.
- OXY's strongest trending metric is Sentiment; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- OXY ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 7th percentile.
OXY Stock Summary
- OXY has a market capitalization of $53,914,753,892 -- more than approximately 96.41% of US stocks.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, OCCIDENTAL PETROLEUM CORP is reporting a growth rate of -431.12%; that's higher than just 4.17% of US stocks.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for OXY comes in at 28.13% -- higher than that of 93.44% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to OCCIDENTAL PETROLEUM CORP are MPC, KMI, WMB, PSX, and LVS.
- OXY's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit OCCIDENTAL PETROLEUM CORP's official web site, go to www.oxy.com.
OXY Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Energy stock, OXY's price/earnings ratio is 44.9% lower, now standing at 5.4.
- Over the past 243 months, OXY's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 8.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for OXY.
OXY Growth Metrics
- The 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 8.96%.
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at -80.58%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 24.47%.
The table below shows OXY's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
OXY's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- OXY has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 66.1% of graded US stocks.
- OXY's asset turnover comes in at 0.224 -- ranking 100th of 136 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- KWR, DK, and GTE are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with OXY.
The table below shows OXY's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
OXY Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
OXY Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$64.76||52-week high||$77.13|
|Prev. close||$61.45||52-week low||$26.05|
|Day high||$65.03||Avg. volume||28,836,160|
|50-day MA||$65.20||Dividend yield||0.85%|
|200-day MA||$55.14||Market Cap||60.69B|
Occidental Petroleum Corporation (OXY) Company Bio
Occidental Petroleum engages in the acquisition, exploration, and development of oil and gas properties in the United States and internationally. The company was founded in 1920 and is based in Houston, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
OXY Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
OXY Latest Social Stream
View Full OXY Social Stream
Latest OXY News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about OCCIDENTAL PETROLEUM CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate OXY as an investment opportunity.
Bear market or bull market, insider trading continues its steady march. In the past week, several significant insider trades piqued investors' interest. While nothing in the stock market is certain, corporate insiders' multi-million-dollar buys could signal strong growth ahead for these stocks.
First published: 8 a.m. EST The benchmark Crude WTI is down 0.71% to $80.65 today at 8.50 a.m. EST, still hovering above the $80 mark. While the chart setup suggests oil could be in for a further slide, the OPEC+ meet next week will be a key event to watch. U.S. natural gas too has given up early gains and is down 0.18% to $6.86 today. EIA natural gas numbers of +103bcf yesterday indicated higher storage build-up than expectations.
Blue-chip stocks to sell as they seem to be trading at stretched valuations considering the economic outlook.
From upstream activities to midstream, prospects for companies are rosy now, enhancing the outlook for the Zacks Oil & Gas US Integrated industry. COP, OXY, HES and WHD will make the most of the favorable business scenario.
Shares of Occidental Petroleum Corp. continued to outperform its peer group and the broader stock market on Thursday after the oil- and gas-production company disclosed that Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Inc. keeps buying.
OXY Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching OXYHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Occidental Petroleum Corp's stock as an investment opportunity:
Occidental Petroleum Corp (OXY) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Occidental Petroleum Corp (OXY) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Occidental Petroleum Corp (OXY) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch