Paychex, Inc. (PAYX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
PAYX POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where PAYX ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 94.7% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for PAYX is in Sentiment, which has been heading up over the past 160 days.
- PAYX's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 16.41% of US stocks).
PAYX Stock Summary
- Paychex Inc's market capitalization of $44,383,932,480 is ahead of 93.89% of US-listed equities.
- PAYX's went public 33.22 years ago, making it older than 89% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of Paychex Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 85.88% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Paychex Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be LULU, HSY, MNST, TT, and SIVB.
- Visit PAYX's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.paychex.com.
PAYX Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, PAYX's price/sales ratio is 206.06% higher, now standing at 10.1.
- PAYX's price/sales ratio has moved down 5.5 over the prior 243 months.
- PAYX's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 8.9 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for PAYX.
PAYX Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 49.72%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 0.25%.
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 31.87%.
The table below shows PAYX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
PAYX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- PAYX has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 96.92% of graded US stocks.
- PAYX's asset turnover comes in at 0.456 -- ranking 342nd of 563 Business Services stocks.
- JCI, EGHT, and ADS are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with PAYX.
The table below shows PAYX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
PAYX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
PAYX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$123.49||52-week high||$138.96|
|Prev. close||$123.03||52-week low||$85.30|
|Day high||$124.45||Avg. volume||1,714,242|
|50-day MA||$126.38||Dividend yield||2.15%|
|200-day MA||$113.42||Market Cap||44.55B|
Paychex, Inc. (PAYX) Company Bio
Paychex Inc. provides payroll, human resource, insurance, and benefits outsourcing solutions for small to medium-sized businesses in the United States and Germany. The company was founded in 1979 and is based in Rochester, New York.
Most Popular Stories View All
PAYX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
PAYX Latest Social Stream
View Full PAYX Social Stream
Latest PAYX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Paychex Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate PAYX as an investment opportunity.
Paychex (NASDAQ:PAYX) declares $0.66/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous. Forward yield 2.11% Payable Feb. 24; for shareholders of record Jan. 31; ex-div Jan. 28. A quick comparison of dividend grades vs. peers. See PAYX Dividend Scorecard, Yield Chart, & Dividend Growth....
ROCHESTER, N.Y., January 14, 2022--Today the Board of Directors of Paychex, Inc. (NASDAQ‑PAYX) declared a regular quarterly dividend of $.66 per share payable February 24, 2022 to shareholders of record January 31, 2022.
Compliance Topics Related to the COVID-19 Pandemic Top the Regulatory Issues Facing Businesses in 2022
Paychex, Inc., a leading provider of integrated human capital management software solutions for human resources, payroll, benefits, and insurance services, today shared the top 10 regulatory issues that employers should monitor in 2022. The list, compiled annually by the team of regulatory compliance experts at Paychex, identifies the items that should be top of mind as business owners and HR leaders continue to manage the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic and plan for the year ahead.
Investment company Value Holdings Management Co. Llc (Current Portfolio) buys Coterra Energy Inc, Global Payments Inc, Fidelity National Information Services Inc, Fiserv Inc, ACI Worldwide Inc, sells Paychex Inc, Encore Wire Corp, Heico Corp, Simpson Manufacturing Co Inc, HollyFrontier Corp during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, Value Holdings Management Co.
Paychex (PAYX) witnesses a hammer chart pattern, indicating support found by the stock after losing some value lately. This coupled with an upward trend in earnings estimate revisions could mean a trend reversal for the stock in the near term.
PAYX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|