Paychex Inc. (PAYX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
PAYX POWR Grades
- PAYX scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 94.75% of US stocks.
- PAYX's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- PAYX's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 16.39% of US stocks).
PAYX Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $47,811,123,885, Paychex Inc has a greater market value than 94.33% of US stocks.
- PAYX's went public 33.41 years ago, making it older than 89.11% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- PAYX's price/sales ratio is 11.04; that's higher than the P/S ratio of 86.77% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Paychex Inc are HSY, LULU, EMR, MNST, and ADM.
- PAYX's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Paychex Inc's official web site, go to www.paychex.com.
PAYX Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, PAYX's price/sales ratio is 206.06% higher, now standing at 10.1.
- PAYX's price/sales ratio has moved down 5.5 over the prior 243 months.
- PAYX's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 8.9 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for PAYX.
PAYX Growth Metrics
- The year over year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 0.25%.
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 202.37%.
- The 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 49.72%.
The table below shows PAYX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
PAYX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- PAYX has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 96.92% of graded US stocks.
- PAYX's asset turnover comes in at 0.456 -- ranking 342nd of 563 Business Services stocks.
- JCI, EGHT, and ADS are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with PAYX.
The table below shows PAYX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
PAYX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
PAYX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$116.36||52-week high||$141.92|
|Prev. close||$113.87||52-week low||$106.55|
|Day high||$116.63||Avg. volume||1,960,844|
|50-day MA||$122.09||Dividend yield||2.72%|
|200-day MA||$123.13||Market Cap||42.01B|
Paychex Inc. (PAYX) Company Bio
Paychex, Inc. is an American provider of human resource, payroll, and benefits outsourcing services for small- to medium-sized businesses. With headquarters in Rochester, New York, the company has more than 100 offices serving approximately 670,000 payroll clients in the U.S. and Europe. In 2019, Paychex ranked in position 700 on the Fortune 500 list of largest corporations by revenue, and the company's revenue for fiscal year 2020 is projected to exceed $4.1 billion. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
PAYX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
PAYX Latest Social Stream
View Full PAYX Social Stream
Latest PAYX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Paychex Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate PAYX as an investment opportunity.
Paychex (PAYX) closed at $115.79 in the latest trading session, marking a +1.92% move from the prior day.
New research from Paychex, Inc., a leading provider of integrated human capital management software solutions for human resources, payroll, benefits, and insurance services, reveals that workers continue to have significant worries related to the impact of COVID-19 variants. As the pandemic continues, employees have several workplace concerns, ranging from their health – and that of their families – to employment status. The research was conducted in partnership with Future Workplace, an Executi
Paychex (PAYX) closed at $115.84 in the latest trading session, marking a -0.44% move from the prior day.
Are Paychex, Inc.'s (NASDAQ:PAYX) Fundamentals Good Enough to Warrant Buying Given The Stock's Recent Weakness?
Paychex (NASDAQ:PAYX) has had a rough three months with its share price down 4.6%. However, the company's fundamentals...
G vs. PAYX: Which Stock Is the Better Value Option?
PAYX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|