Paychex Inc. (PAYX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
PAYX POWR Grades
- PAYX scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 98.54% of US stocks.
- PAYX's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- PAYX ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 12th percentile.
PAYX Stock Summary
- PAYCHEX INC's market capitalization of $43,417,460,643 is ahead of 94.62% of US-listed equities.
- PAYCHEX INC's stock had its IPO on November 7, 1988, making it an older stock than 90.06% of US equities in our set.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, PAYX is more volatile than just 10.87% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to PAYX, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are LULU, CTAS, HSY, ROST, and TT.
- PAYX's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit PAYCHEX INC's official web site, go to www.paychex.com.
PAYX Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, PAYX's price/sales ratio is 683.33% higher, now standing at 9.4.
- PAYX's price/earnings ratio has moved down 7.6 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for PAYX.
PAYX Growth Metrics
- The 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 18.9%.
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at -2.53%.
- The 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 31.66%.
The table below shows PAYX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
PAYX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- PAYX has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 96.92% of graded US stocks.
- PAYX's asset turnover comes in at 0.456 -- ranking 342nd of 563 Business Services stocks.
- JCI, EGHT, and ADS are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with PAYX.
The table below shows PAYX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
PAYX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
PAYX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$125.98||52-week high||$141.92|
|Prev. close||$125.90||52-week low||$105.66|
|Day high||$126.30||Avg. volume||1,783,528|
|50-day MA||$116.36||Dividend yield||2.51%|
|200-day MA||$122.73||Market Cap||45.40B|
Paychex Inc. (PAYX) Company Bio
Paychex, Inc. is an American provider of human resource, payroll, and benefits outsourcing services for small- to medium-sized businesses. With headquarters in Rochester, New York, the company has more than 100 offices serving approximately 670,000 payroll clients in the U.S. and Europe. In 2019, Paychex ranked in position 700 on the Fortune 500 list of largest corporations by revenue, and the company's revenue for fiscal year 2020 is projected to exceed $4.1 billion. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
PAYX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
PAYX Latest Social Stream
View Full PAYX Social Stream
Latest PAYX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about PAYCHEX INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate PAYX as an investment opportunity.
FactSet (FDS) is currently benefiting from a growing customer base and a strong global presence.
The rate of job growth and hourly earnings growth held relatively steady at U.S. small businesses in November, according to the latest Paychex | IHS Markit Small Business Employment Watch. The Small Business Jobs Index moderated slightly -0.05 percent from the previous month and stands at 99.38. At 5.04 percent, the pace of hourly earnings growth was unchanged over the previous month.
Paychex, Inc., a leading provider of integrated human capital management software solutions for human resources, payroll, benefits, and insurance services, has been awarded the IDC 2022 SaaS Customer Service Satisfaction Award for Core HR.
The recent acquisition of Finxact expands Fiserv's (FISV) account processing, digital and payments solutions.
Omnicom (OMC) continues to focus on investing in high-growth areas related to technology and data.
PAYX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|