Paychex, Inc. (PAYX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
PAYX POWR Grades
- PAYX scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 97% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for PAYX is in Quality, which has been heading up over the past 48 weeks.
- PAYX's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 18.45% of US stocks).
PAYX Stock Summary
- Paychex Inc's market capitalization of $39,354,627,333 is ahead of 93.12% of US-listed equities.
- Paychex Inc's stock had its IPO on November 7, 1988, making it an older stock than 88.97% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of Paychex Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 86.33% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to PAYX, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are UNF, LHCG, ROST, AVTR, and DHI.
- Visit PAYX's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.paychex.com.
PAYX Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, PAYX's price/sales ratio is 206.06% higher, now standing at 10.1.
- PAYX's price/sales ratio has moved down 5.5 over the prior 243 months.
- PAYX's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 8.9 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for PAYX.
PAYX Growth Metrics
- The 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 55.44%.
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at 50.5%.
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 231.61%.
The table below shows PAYX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
PAYX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- PAYX has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 96.93% of graded US stocks.
- PAYX's asset turnover comes in at 0.452 -- ranking 339th of 556 Business Services stocks.
- WFCF, HUBS, and LUNA are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with PAYX.
The table below shows PAYX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
PAYX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
PAYX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$110.31||52-week high||$118.22|
|Prev. close||$109.37||52-week low||$75.08|
|Day high||$110.74||Avg. volume||1,645,533|
|50-day MA||$113.01||Dividend yield||2.41%|
|200-day MA||$100.97||Market Cap||39.78B|
Paychex, Inc. (PAYX) Company Bio
Paychex Inc. provides payroll, human resource, insurance, and benefits outsourcing solutions for small to medium-sized businesses in the United States and Germany. The company was founded in 1979 and is based in Rochester, New York.
Most Popular Stories View All
PAYX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
PAYX Latest Social Stream
View Full PAYX Social Stream
Latest PAYX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Paychex Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate PAYX as an investment opportunity.
Paychex, Inc., a leading provider of integrated human capital management (HCM) software solutions for human resources, payroll, benefits, and insurance services, has announced new enhancements designed to help employers hire and keep top talent in an ever-changing business climate, improve efficiency through automation, and provide access to HR information whenever and wherever is most convenient to them and their employees.
New research from Paychex, Inc., a leading provider of integrated human capital management solutions for human resources, payroll, benefits, and insurance services, reveals employee loyalty is at risk among younger generations, with one in three Gen-Z and Millennial workers actively looking for a new job, as employers experience what has been termed "The Great Resignation." This survey was conducted in partnership with Future Workplace, an HR research and advisory firm.
ROCHESTER, N.Y.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Paychex, Inc. (Nasdaq:PAYX) will release financial results for its fiscal 2022 first quarter ended August 31, 2021. Paychex will deliver results via Business Wire before the financial markets open on Thursday, September 30, 2021. The Company will host a conference call at 9:30 a.m. ET on Thursday, September 30, 2021, to review the results for the quarter. Participating in this call will be Martin Mucci, President and CEO, and Efrain Rivera, Senior Vice Presiden
Paychex, Inc., the human capital management (HCM) software and services company that provides the power of simplicity for increasingly complex workplaces, has once again earned recognition as a Top HR Product of the Year in the Core HR category by Human Resource Executive magazine and the HR Technology Conference & Exposition. Paychex earned the recognition  The post Paychex Pre-Check Earns HR Executive Magazines Top HR Product Of The Year Award appeared first on AiThority .
ROCHESTER, N.Y., Sept. 14, 2021 /PRNewswire/ --
PAYX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|