Precision Drilling Corporation (PDS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
PDS POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where PDS ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 69.63% of US stocks.
- PDS's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- PDS's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 11.29% of US stocks).
PDS Stock Summary
- PDS's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 1.21 -- higher than just 6.67% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- Over the past twelve months, PDS has reported earnings growth of -308.89%, putting it ahead of only 6.8% of US stocks in our set.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, PDS is more volatile than 93.04% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to PRECISION DRILLING Corp are HCC, XHR, SMHI, SLCA, and ADMA.
- PDS's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit PRECISION DRILLING Corp's official web site, go to www.precisiondrilling.com.
PDS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
PDS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$33.74||52-week high||$44.52|
|Prev. close||$33.53||52-week low||$11.62|
|Day high||$34.00||Avg. volume||98,111|
|50-day MA||$36.72||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$25.15||Market Cap||448.88M|
Precision Drilling Corporation (PDS) Company Bio
Precision Drilling Corporation provides customers with access to an extensive fleet of contract drilling rigs, directional drilling services, well service and snubbing rigs, coil-tubing services, camps, rental equipment, and water treatment units. The company was founded in 1951 and is based in Calgary, Canada.
PDS Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for PRECISION DRILLING Corp. To summarize, we found that PRECISION DRILLING Corp ranked in the 61th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Specifically, our DCF analysis implies the stock is trading below its fair value by an estimated 37.33%. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of PRECISION DRILLING Corp, consider:
- The company's balance sheet shows it gets 29% of its capital from equity, and 71% of its capital from debt. Its equity weight surpasses that of only 12.58% of free cash flow generating stocks in the Energy sector.
- PRECISION DRILLING Corp's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 0 -- greater than only 0% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
- PRECISION DRILLING Corp's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -0.37. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 20.74% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
PDS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
PDS Latest Social Stream
View Full PDS Social Stream
Latest PDS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about PRECISION DRILLING Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate PDS as an investment opportunity.
Cathedral Energy Services and Precision Drilling Announce Business Transaction, Strategic Alliance and Newly Appointed Board Member
CALGARY, Alberta, July 23, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Cathedral Energy Services Ltd. (TSX:CET) (Cathedral) and Precision Drilling Corporation (TSX: PD, NYSE: PDS) (Precision) are pleased to announce the closing of Cathedrals acquisition of Precisions directional drilling business (the Transaction) for a purchase price of $6,350,000. The Transaction includes operating assets and personnel of Precisions directional drilling business (including its operations facility in Nisku, Alberta), along with an additional $3 million cash investment by Precision to support growth and expansion of Cathedral, including continuing the buildout of RapidFire TM measurement-while-drilling guidance systems and nDurance TM drilling motors. Additionally, the Transaction is expected to enhance margins as expense...
Precision Drilling (PDS): Q2 GAAP EPS of -C$5.71.Revenue of C$201.36M (+6.1% Y/Y) misses by $0.97M.Press Release...
Precision Drilling Corporation (PDS) Q2 2021 Earnings Conference Call July 22, 2021 14:00 ET Company Participants Dustin Honing - Director, Investor Relations and Corporate Development Kevin Neveu - President and Chief Executive Officer Carey Ford - Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer Conference Call Participants Ian Macpherson - Piper...
Shares of Precision Drilling Corp. (PD) fell 7% in early trading on Thursday after the company reported a huge loss in its second quarter. However, the largest drilling contractor in Canada reported a 6% rise in revenue to C$201 million due to better pricing and increased drilling activity. Meanwhile, adjusted EBITDA of C$29 million was 50.5% lower than in the previous year. Net loss widened to C$76 million (C$5.71 per share) in the quarter ended June 30 from C$49 million (C$3.56 per share) in the prior-year quarter.
Precision Drilling Corp. tripled its Canadian rig count in the second quarter, even as its net loss surged to $75.9 million because of compensation charges.
PDS Price Returns
Continue Researching PDSHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on PRECISION DRILLING Corp's stock as an investment opportunity:
PRECISION DRILLING Corp (PDS) Stock Price | Nasdaq
PRECISION DRILLING Corp (PDS) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
PRECISION DRILLING Corp (PDS) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch