Penumbra, Inc. (PEN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
PEN POWR Grades
- PEN scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 92.39% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for PEN is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 163 days.
- PEN ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 14th percentile.
PEN Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 248.54, Penumbra Inc P/E ratio is greater than that of about 97.52% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- The price/operating cash flow metric for Penumbra Inc is higher than 99.41% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- Over the past twelve months, PEN has reported earnings growth of -247.25%, putting it ahead of just 8% of US stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to PEN, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are GNSS, RDWR, HCI, TREE, and IIN.
- Visit PEN's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.penumbrainc.com.
PEN Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Healthcare stock, PEN's price/sales ratio is 294.74% higher, now standing at 15.
- PEN's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 3163 over the prior 72 months.
- PEN's price/earnings ratio has moved up 1641 over the prior 72 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for PEN.
PEN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- PEN has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 49.95% of graded US stocks.
- PEN's asset turnover comes in at 0.794 -- ranking 38th of 186 Medical Equipment stocks.
- IVC, NTUS, and MLSS are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with PEN.
The table below shows PEN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
PEN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
PEN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$218.38||52-week high||$320.00|
|Prev. close||$228.46||52-week low||$208.00|
|Day high||$231.18||Avg. volume||212,462|
|50-day MA||$254.40||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$266.61||Market Cap||8.16B|
Penumbra, Inc. (PEN) Company Bio
Penumbra Inc. is a specialty interventional therapies company that develops and markets innovative medical devices to treat challenging medical conditions with significant unmet clinical needs. The company was founded in 2004 and is based in Alameda, CA.
Most Popular Stories View All
PEN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
PEN Latest Social Stream
View Full PEN Social Stream
Latest PEN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Penumbra Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate PEN as an investment opportunity.
Investment company Aegon Asset Management Uk Plc (Current Portfolio) buys Autodesk Inc, Advanced Drainage Systems Inc, Stanley Black & Decker Inc, McCormick Inc, Workiva Inc, sells Mastercard Inc, Ansys Inc, Bandwidth Inc, The Kroger Co, Kellogg Co during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, Aegon Asset Management Uk Plc.
Shares of the medtech company ShockWave Medical (NASDAQ: SWAV) rose by as much as 11.2% during the first four days of trading this week, according to data provided by S&P Global Market Intelligence. Over the weekend, Bloomberg News reported that fellow mid-cap medical device company Penumbra (NYSE: PEN) was exploring a merger with ShockWave. In response, ShockWave was said to be working with an advisor to study the feasibility of a tie-up with another healthcare company.
No summary available.
What trends should we look for it we want to identify stocks that can multiply in value over the long term? Firstly...
Shares of Penumbra, Inc. (NYSE:PEN) have earned an average rating of Buy from the eight research firms that are currently covering the firm, Marketbeat reports. One research analyst has rated the stock with a sell rating and six have assigned a buy rating to the company. The average 12 month price target among brokers that 
PEN Price Returns