Principal Financial Group Inc (PFG): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
PFG POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where PFG ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 78.66% of US stocks.
- PFG's strongest trending metric is Sentiment; it's been moving down over the last 155 days.
- PFG ranks lowest in Quality; there it ranks in the 36th percentile.
PFG Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $20,283,112,171, Principal Financial Group Inc has a greater market value than 87.36% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of Principal Financial Group Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 85.91% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- PFG's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 97.85% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to PFG, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are CINF, BEN, J, ROL, and BRO.
- PFG's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Principal Financial Group Inc's official web site, go to www.principal.com.
PFG Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, PFG's price/sales ratio is 59.38% lower, now standing at 1.3.
- PFG's price/earnings ratio has moved down 3 over the prior 241 months.
- Over the past 241 months, PFG's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for PFG.
PFG Growth Metrics
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -61.22%.
- The year over year revenue growth rate now stands at -21.32%.
- The 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -46.87%.
The table below shows PFG's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
PFG's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- PFG has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 33.87% of graded US stocks.
- PFG's asset turnover comes in at 0.047 -- ranking 123rd of 133 Insurance stocks.
- NMIH, STFC, and RDN are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with PFG.
The table below shows PFG's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
PFG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
PFG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$76.82||52-week high||$77.68|
|Prev. close||$76.58||52-week low||$48.88|
|Day high||$76.89||Avg. volume||1,165,100|
|50-day MA||$71.82||Dividend yield||3.33%|
|200-day MA||$66.50||Market Cap||20.36B|
Principal Financial Group Inc (PFG) Company Bio
Principal Financial Group provides retirement, asset management, and insurance products and services. It operates through Retirement and Investor Services, Principal Global Investors, Principal International, and U.S. Insurance Solutions segments. The company was founded in 1879 and is based in Des Moines, Iowa.
Most Popular Stories View All
PFG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
PFG Latest Social Stream
View Full PFG Social Stream
Latest PFG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Principal Financial Group Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate PFG as an investment opportunity.
Investment company Kmg Fiduciary Partners, Llc (Current Portfolio) buys NVIDIA Corp, PayPal Holdings Inc, Delta Air Lines Inc, Block Inc, Caterpillar Inc, sells Archer-Daniels Midland Co, Bank of New York Mellon Corp, PepsiCo Inc, Deere, Biogen Inc during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, Kmg Fiduciary Partners, Llc.
DES MOINES, Iowa, January 12, 2022--Principal Financial Group® will release fourth quarter and full year 2021 financial results after U.S. markets close on Monday, February 7.
Principal Financial (PFG) continues to benefit from strong investment performance, positive net cash flow and improved liquidity position.
The big shareholder groups in Principal Financial Group, Inc. ( NASDAQ:PFG ) have power over the company. Insiders...
In a report released today, Nigel Dally from Morgan Stanley maintained a Hold rating on Principal Financial (PFG – Research Report), with a price target of $75.00. The company's shares closed last Friday at $76.35. According to TipRanks.com, Dally is a 5-star analyst with an average return of 20.0% and a 67.5% success rate. Dally covers the Financial sector, focusing on stocks such as American Equity Investment Life, Jackson Financial Incorporation, and Brighthouse Financial. The word on The Street in general, suggests a Hold analyst consensus rating for Principal Financial with a $73.29 average price target, implying a -2.9% downside from current levels.
PFG Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching PFGHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Principal Financial Group Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Principal Financial Group Inc (PFG) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Principal Financial Group Inc (PFG) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Principal Financial Group Inc (PFG) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch