Principal Financial Group Inc. (PFG): Price and Financial Metrics
PFG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$74.77||52-week high||$93.87|
|Prev. close||$74.60||52-week low||$65.17|
|Day high||$74.95||Avg. volume||1,424,442|
|50-day MA||$70.69||Dividend yield||3.57%|
|200-day MA||$74.33||Market Cap||17.83B|
PFG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
PFG POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where PFG ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 90.78% of US stocks.
- PFG's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 177 days.
- PFG ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 15th percentile.
PFG Stock Summary
- PFG has a higher market value than 88.72% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $17,768,854,782.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 28.59 for PRINCIPAL FINANCIAL GROUP INC; that's greater than it is for 98.61% of US stocks.
- The volatility of PRINCIPAL FINANCIAL GROUP INC's share price is greater than that of only 10.55% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to PRINCIPAL FINANCIAL GROUP INC, a group of peers worth examining would be AEG, CIZN, DB, GLBZ, and PRU.
- Visit PFG's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.principal.com.
PFG Valuation Summary
- PFG's price/earnings ratio is 11.6; this is 17.17% higher than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- PFG's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 7.6 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for PFG.
PFG Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at -43.68%.
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at 37.26%.
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -0.61%.
The table below shows PFG's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
PFG's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- PFG has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 33.87% of graded US stocks.
- PFG's asset turnover comes in at 0.047 -- ranking 123rd of 133 Insurance stocks.
- NMIH, STFC, and RDN are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with PFG.
The table below shows PFG's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
PFG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
PFG Latest Social Stream
View Full PFG Social Stream
Latest PFG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about PRINCIPAL FINANCIAL GROUP INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate PFG as an investment opportunity.
Invest in Principal Financial Group mutual funds such as PMPRX, PSTWX and PPSFX for consistent returns.
Principal Financial Group, Inc. ( NASDAQ:PFG ) has announced that it will be increasing its dividend from last year's...
DES MOINES, Iowa, November 01, 2023--Principal Financial Group® today announced Pablo Sprenger will join the company as executive vice president and president of Principal Latin America, effective Nov. 8. In this role, Sprenger will lead teams across three markets – Chile, Brazil, and Mexico – overseeing all aspects of the company's pension and asset management operations, sales and distribution, and growth strategies within the region. Sprenger will report to Pat Halter, president of Principal
The board of Principal Financial Group, Inc. ( NASDAQ:PFG ) has announced that it will be paying its dividend of $0.67...
Principal Financial Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:PFG) Q3 2023 Earnings Call Transcript October 27, 2023 Operator: Good morning and welcome to the Principal Financial Group Third Quarter 2023 Financial Results Conference Call. There will be a question-and-answer period after the speakers have completed their prepared remarks. [Operator Instructions] A confirmation tone will indicate your line is in […]
PFG Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching PFGHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Principal Financial Group Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Principal Financial Group Inc (PFG) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Principal Financial Group Inc (PFG) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Principal Financial Group Inc (PFG) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch