Principal Financial Group Inc. (PFG): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
PFG POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where PFG ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 96.87% of US stocks.
- PFG's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 177 days.
- PFG ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 6th percentile.
PFG Stock Summary
- PFG's current price/earnings ratio is 3.62, which is higher than just 6.81% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- PFG's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 98.68% of US stocks.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, PRINCIPAL FINANCIAL GROUP INC is reporting a growth rate of 195.54%; that's higher than 92.41% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to PRINCIPAL FINANCIAL GROUP INC, a group of peers worth examining would be HBAN, MTB, CINF, NTRS, and J.
- PFG's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit PRINCIPAL FINANCIAL GROUP INC's official web site, go to www.principal.com.
PFG Valuation Summary
- PFG's price/sales ratio is 1; this is 0% higher than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- PFG's price/sales ratio has moved down 0 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for PFG.
PFG Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at -43.68%.
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at 37.26%.
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -0.61%.
The table below shows PFG's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
PFG's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- PFG has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 33.87% of graded US stocks.
- PFG's asset turnover comes in at 0.047 -- ranking 123rd of 133 Insurance stocks.
- NMIH, STFC, and RDN are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with PFG.
The table below shows PFG's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
PFG Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of PFG, see our PFG price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$70.20||Average Broker Recommendation||1.82 (Hold)|
PFG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
PFG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$74.32||52-week high||$96.17|
|Prev. close||$74.14||52-week low||$61.05|
|Day high||$74.66||Avg. volume||1,929,711|
|50-day MA||$84.30||Dividend yield||3.49%|
|200-day MA||$79.94||Market Cap||18.07B|
Principal Financial Group Inc. (PFG) Company Bio
Principal Financial Group is an American global financial investment management and insurance company headquartered in Des Moines, Iowa, U.S.A. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
PFG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
PFG Latest Social Stream
View Full PFG Social Stream
Latest PFG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about PRINCIPAL FINANCIAL GROUP INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate PFG as an investment opportunity.
Principal(R) Announces Five-Year Extension Agreement for Principal Charity Classic
Principal Financial Group® announced a five-year extension agreement with the Principal Charity Classic to continue its long-standing support for the annual PGA TOUR Champions tournament held at the Wakonda Club in Des Moines, Iowa.
Principal CEO: Our 401(k) Savers Are Worried, But They’re Making This Smart Move
Calls to the customer service center were up 20% in Q1, says CEO Daniel Houston, but there is some good news.
Principal® earns ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year: Sustained Excellence Award for sixth consecutive year
DES MOINES, Iowa, March 28, 2023--Principal Asset ManagementSM, through its dedicated real estate investment team, has been named an ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year: Sustained Excellence award winner for the sixth consecutive year. Principal has also been named a Certification Nation Premier Member, a special one-time recognition in celebration of the EPA program’s 30th anniversary for organizations that certified 15 or more buildings in 2022.
Principal Financial CEO: Why Investors Who Liked the Stock Before Will ‘Love it’ Now
Principal Financial Group CEO Dan Houston talks about how to simplify a complex business, why he likes operating out Des Moines, and what to expect from the company in the future.
Principal® Survey Identifies Leading Disruptors of Retirement Industry By 2030
Principal Financial Group:
PFG Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching PFGHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Principal Financial Group Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Principal Financial Group Inc (PFG) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Principal Financial Group Inc (PFG) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Principal Financial Group Inc (PFG) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...