Principal Financial Group Inc (PFG): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
PFG POWR Grades
- PFG scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 77.37% of US stocks.
- PFG's strongest trending metric is Sentiment; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- PFG's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 6.42% of US stocks).
PFG Stock Summary
- PFG has a market capitalization of $19,484,961,090 -- more than approximately 87.38% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of Principal Financial Group Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 85.61% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- PFG's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 98.02% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to PFG, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are CINF, POOL, ULTA, RJF, and AAP.
- Visit PFG's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.principal.com.
PFG Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, PFG's price/sales ratio is 59.38% lower, now standing at 1.3.
- PFG's price/earnings ratio has moved down 3 over the prior 241 months.
- Over the past 241 months, PFG's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for PFG.
PFG Growth Metrics
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at 75.73%.
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at 37.96%.
- The 5 year revenue growth rate now stands at 37.96%.
The table below shows PFG's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
PFG's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- PFG has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 33.87% of graded US stocks.
- PFG's asset turnover comes in at 0.047 -- ranking 123rd of 133 Insurance stocks.
- NMIH, STFC, and RDN are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with PFG.
The table below shows PFG's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
PFG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
PFG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$67.77||52-week high||$80.36|
|Prev. close||$66.79||52-week low||$58.66|
|Day high||$67.97||Avg. volume||1,743,552|
|50-day MA||$69.34||Dividend yield||3.78%|
|200-day MA||$70.46||Market Cap||17.12B|
Principal Financial Group Inc (PFG) Company Bio
Principal Financial Group provides retirement, asset management, and insurance products and services. It operates through Retirement and Investor Services, Principal Global Investors, Principal International, and U.S. Insurance Solutions segments. The company was founded in 1879 and is based in Des Moines, Iowa.
Most Popular Stories View All
PFG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
PFG Latest Social Stream
View Full PFG Social Stream
Latest PFG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Principal Financial Group Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate PFG as an investment opportunity.
In this article, we discuss the billionaire Paul Singer’s 10 dividend stock picks. You can skip our detailed analysis of Paul Singer’s hedge fund, Elliott Management, and its past performance, and go directly to read Billionaire Paul Singer’s 5 Dividend Stock Picks. Paul Singer founded Elliott Management in 1977, which is one the most prominent […]
DES MOINES, Iowa, February 21, 2022--Principal Financial Group® today announced two new leadership hires within compliance and investor relations.
DES MOINES, Iowa, February 17, 2022--Principal Financial Group®, a global leader in retirement plan services and investment management, announced it has been selected by Wellmark as its retirement and income plan provider. Principal will help Wellmark to continue to provide its 1,800 employees in Iowa and South Dakota with tools and resources to focus on their financial health goals.
Is Principal Financial Group, Inc.'s (NASDAQ:PFG) Recent Stock Performance Influenced By Its Financials In Any Way?
Principal Financial Group's (NASDAQ:PFG) stock up by 5.8% over the past three months. As most would know, long-term...
No summary available.
PFG Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching PFGHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Principal Financial Group Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Principal Financial Group Inc (PFG) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Principal Financial Group Inc (PFG) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Principal Financial Group Inc (PFG) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch