Principal Financial Group Inc. (PFG): Price and Financial Metrics
PFG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$72.07||52-week high||$96.17|
|Prev. close||$72.66||52-week low||$65.17|
|Day high||$73.68||Avg. volume||1,448,234|
|50-day MA||$77.30||Dividend yield||3.58%|
|200-day MA||$78.67||Market Cap||17.42B|
PFG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
PFG POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where PFG ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 85.32% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for PFG is in Value, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- PFG ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 1st percentile.
PFG Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $18,010,177,348, PRINCIPAL FINANCIAL GROUP INC has a greater market value than 89.45% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of PRINCIPAL FINANCIAL GROUP INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 87.23% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 29.33 for PRINCIPAL FINANCIAL GROUP INC; that's greater than it is for 98.35% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to PRINCIPAL FINANCIAL GROUP INC are WBA, BBY, HBAN, POOL, and DLTR.
- PFG's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit PRINCIPAL FINANCIAL GROUP INC's official web site, go to www.principal.com.
PFG Valuation Summary
- PFG's EV/EBIT ratio is 9.5; this is 15.93% lower than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- Over the past 243 months, PFG's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for PFG.
PFG Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at -43.68%.
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at 37.26%.
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -0.61%.
The table below shows PFG's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
PFG's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- PFG has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 33.87% of graded US stocks.
- PFG's asset turnover comes in at 0.047 -- ranking 123rd of 133 Insurance stocks.
- NMIH, STFC, and RDN are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with PFG.
The table below shows PFG's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
PFG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
PFG Latest Social Stream
View Full PFG Social Stream
Latest PFG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about PRINCIPAL FINANCIAL GROUP INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate PFG as an investment opportunity.
DES MOINES, Iowa, September 21, 2023--New research conducted by HerMoney Media and Principal Financial Group® reveals concerns about the gender savings gap are realized in employees’ overall perception and confidence about money management and investing, while the gap has closed in their "personal economies."
Principal Financial Group
2023 Principal(R) Charity Classic Propels Tournament to More Than $50 Million Raised for Iowa Kids Since 2007
The Principal Charity Classic announced its 2023 tournament raised more than $8 million in support of Iowa children's charities. The annual PGA TOUR Champions event in Des Moines has now raised $53.7 million for Iowa children's charities since Principal Financial Group® became the title sponsor in 2007.
Principal Financial (PFG) stands to gain from strong retention and employment growth, higher single premium annuity sales and a solid capital position.
DES MOINES, Iowa, September 05, 2023--Principal Asset ManagementSM announced today that George Maris is joining the firm as chief investment officer and global head of equities ($221.2 billion in AUM1). In this role, he’ll take on leadership responsibilities across the equities’ platform, including managing 126 investment professionals across global investment centers. Maris will also serve as a named portfolio manager on international equity strategies.
PFG Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching PFGHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Principal Financial Group Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Principal Financial Group Inc (PFG) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Principal Financial Group Inc (PFG) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Principal Financial Group Inc (PFG) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch