Pinterest Inc. (PINS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
PINS POWR Grades
- PINS scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 93.02% of US stocks.
- PINS's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 26 weeks.
- PINS ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 6th percentile.
PINS Stock Summary
- PINS has a market capitalization of $15,409,406,025 -- more than approximately 87.88% of US stocks.
- PINS's current price/earnings ratio is 251.95, which is higher than 98.17% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 1.17 for PINTEREST INC; that's greater than it is for just 11.65% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to PINS, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are SEDG, BMRN, UEC, AXON, and AGYS.
- Visit PINS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.pinterest.com.
PINS Valuation Summary
- PINS's price/earnings ratio is 251.9; this is 947.4% higher than that of the median Technology stock.
- PINS's price/sales ratio has moved down 11.5 over the prior 44 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for PINS.
PINS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- PINS has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 93.51% of graded US stocks.
- PINS's asset turnover comes in at 0.857 -- ranking 162nd of 561 Business Services stocks.
- 500 - Internal server error
The table below shows PINS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
PINS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
PINS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$22.62||52-week high||$41.13|
|Prev. close||$22.68||52-week low||$16.14|
|Day high||$23.38||Avg. volume||14,553,273|
|50-day MA||$23.65||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$22.44||Market Cap||15.34B|
Pinterest Inc. (PINS) Company Bio
Pinterest is an image sharing and social media service designed to enable saving and discovery of information (specifically "ideas")on the internet using images, and on a smaller scale, animated GIFs and videos, in the form of pinboards. The site was created by Ben Silbermann, Paul Sciarra, and Evan Sharp, and had 433 million global monthly active users as of July 2022. It is operated by Pinterest, Inc., based in San Francisco. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
PINS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
PINS Latest Social Stream
View Full PINS Social Stream
Latest PINS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about PINTEREST INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate PINS as an investment opportunity.
Pinterest has indicated that it is finding it "increasingly difficult" to navigate its workplace culture, particularly as the company transitioned to a flexible work model, with a majority of its employees working remotely.
Pinterest (NYSE: PINS) is a bit of an anomaly compared to typical social media companies. It's not meant as a news feed but rather a collection of images and videos to serve as ideas and inspiration. Because people often go to Pinterest looking for inspiration, the platform is prime advertising real estate.
At this point, it's impossible to know if stocks have already bottomed out, or whether they will at some point next year, but buying shares of beaten-down stocks while they remain down is a great move regardless. Let's consider two stocks that deserve serious consideration: Etsy (NASDAQ: ETSY) and Pinterest (NYSE: PINS). E-commerce specialist Etsy was a bit of a market darling before the COVID-19 pandemic, and the switch to online shopping in the early days of the outbreak helped it gain even more prominence.
Pinterest on Tuesday said it reached a deal with Elliott Management, the activist investment firm that has offered up ideas on how to improve operations at the image sharing and social media service company. Marc Steinberg, a portfolio manager at Elliott, will join the board on Dec. 16, Pinterest said. Pinterest CEO Bill Ready, who took the job in June, called the deal with Elliott a "one-of-a-kind agreement" and said the company "appreciates the perspective" Steinberg, Jesse Cohn, a managing partner at Elliott, and others at the firm bring.
The activist investor has also entered into a long-term agreement to help the social-media company grow.
PINS Price Returns