Dave & Buster's Entertainment Inc. (PLAY): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
PLAY POWR Grades
- PLAY scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 94.62% of US stocks.
- PLAY's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- PLAY ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 5th percentile.
PLAY Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of Dave & Buster's Entertainment Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 3.33% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- PLAY's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 91.66% of US stocks.
- As for revenue growth, note that PLAY's revenue has grown 198.75% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of 95.91% of US companies in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to PLAY, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are IBEX, RLGT, SNDR, CAKE, and RFP.
- Visit PLAY's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to ir.daveandbusters.com.
PLAY Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, PLAY's EV/EBIT ratio is 239.52% lower, now standing at -23.3.
- Over the past 84 months, PLAY's price/earnings ratio has gone down 324.2.
- Over the past 84 months, PLAY's price/sales ratio has gone up 2.3.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for PLAY.
PLAY Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 80.56%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 31.18%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 18.85%.
The table below shows PLAY's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
PLAY's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- PLAY has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 69.11% of graded US stocks.
- PLAY's asset turnover comes in at 0.368 -- ranking 55th of 79 Restaraunts Hotels Motels stocks.
- TXRH, CAKE, and CHUY are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with PLAY.
The table below shows PLAY's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
PLAY Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
PLAY Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$33.71||52-week high||$52.54|
|Prev. close||$32.78||52-week low||$29.83|
|Day high||$33.91||Avg. volume||1,254,862|
|50-day MA||$38.62||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$38.98||Market Cap||1.65B|
Dave & Buster's Entertainment Inc. (PLAY) Company Bio
Dave & Buster's Entertainment Inc is an owner and operator of high-volume venues that combine dining and entertainment in North America for both adults and families. The company was founded by Davide Corriveau and James “Buster” Corley and the pair opened their first establishment in Dallas in 1982. Each venue offers a wide variety of arcade, video, and virtual reality games combined with dining choices ranging from wings to steaks. Dave and Buster’s has over 110 locations across the country and Brian A. Jenkins serves as the company’s Chief Executive Officer.
Most Popular Stories View All
PLAY Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
PLAY Latest Social Stream
View Full PLAY Social Stream
Latest PLAY News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Dave & Buster's Entertainment Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate PLAY as an investment opportunity.
Investment Thesis Advances in information technology and data management have made stock transactions a free good, thanks to competitive intensity. Trade “commissions” now are gone. Portfolio management is significantly easier now than in the 20th century, despite the world being a much more complex, intricate, faster-moving place. But it takes...
DALLAS, February 10, 2022--Dave & Buster’s, the ultimate restaurant and entertainment destination, has partnered with UFC® to provide MMA fans a fight-night experience that’s the next best thing to being there! Dave & Buster’s is the place to watch UFC. Every UFC event will be broadcast at all locations across the United States.
After 30 years in their previous location, Dallas-based Dave & Buster's is moving its corporate headquarters, according to a news release. Today, the company announced that it signed a lease for a new 62,700 square foot space in Coppell. Dave & Buster's (Nasdaq: PLAY) new headquarters is located at 1221 South Belt Line Road within the Coppell Commerce Center, just north of I-635 in the Las Colinas submarket.
Dave & Buster's, Inc. -- Moody's announces completion of a periodic review of ratings of Dave & Buster's, Inc.
Announcement of Periodic Review: Moody's announces completion of a periodic review of ratings of Dave & Buster's, Inc.Global Credit Research - 01 Feb 2022New York, February 01, 2022 -- Moody's Investors Service ("Moody's") has completed a periodic review of the ratings of Dave & Buster's, Inc. and other ratings that are associated with the same analytical unit. The review was conducted through a portfolio review discussion held on 26 January 2022 in which Moody's reassessed the appropriateness of the ratings in the context of the relevant principal methodology(ies), recent developments, and a comparison of the financial and operating profile to similarly rated peers. Since 1 January 2019, Moody's practice has been to issue a press release following each periodic review to announce its...
Dave & Buster’s Announces Participation in the Jefferies Virtual Winter Restaurant, Foodservice, Gaming, Lodging & Leisure Summit
DALLAS, Jan. 21, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Dave & Buster's Entertainment, Inc., (NASDAQ:PLAY), ("Dave & Buster's" or "the Company"), an owner and operator of entertainment and dining venues, today announced that the Company is scheduled to host a fireside chat at the Jefferies Virtual Winter Restaurant, Foodservice, Gaming, Lodging & Leisure Summit on Tuesday, January 25, 2022, at 11:00 am Eastern Time. The discussion will be webcast live over the internet and can be accessed at https://ir.davean
PLAY Price Returns
Continue Researching PLAYWant to do more research on Dave & Buster's Entertainment Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Dave & Buster's Entertainment Inc (PLAY) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Dave & Buster's Entertainment Inc (PLAY) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Dave & Buster's Entertainment Inc (PLAY) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch