Dave & Buster's Entertainment Inc. (PLAY): Price and Financial Metrics
PLAY Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$47.29||52-week high||$47.45|
|Prev. close||$45.70||52-week low||$31.65|
|Day high||$47.45||Avg. volume||1,149,375|
|50-day MA||$37.33||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$38.16||Market Cap||1.90B|
PLAY Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
PLAY POWR Grades
- PLAY scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 83.93% of US stocks.
- PLAY's strongest trending metric is Sentiment; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- PLAY's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 10.45% of US stocks).
PLAY Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for PLAY is 6.95 -- better than 94.24% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of DAVE & BUSTER'S ENTERTAINMENT INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 2.88% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 10.28 for DAVE & BUSTER'S ENTERTAINMENT INC; that's greater than it is for 90.4% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to DAVE & BUSTER'S ENTERTAINMENT INC, a group of peers worth examining would be CAKE, PARR, LUMN, CNA, and JRVR.
- PLAY's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit DAVE & BUSTER'S ENTERTAINMENT INC's official web site, go to ir.daveandbusters.com.
PLAY Valuation Summary
- PLAY's price/earnings ratio is 13.5; this is 21.74% lower than that of the median Communication Services stock.
- PLAY's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.3 over the prior 111 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for PLAY.
PLAY Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at 385.59%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at -83.6%.
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at -83.6%.
The table below shows PLAY's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
PLAY's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- PLAY has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 69.11% of graded US stocks.
- PLAY's asset turnover comes in at 0.368 -- ranking 55th of 79 Restaraunts Hotels Motels stocks.
- TXRH, CAKE, and CHUY are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with PLAY.
The table below shows PLAY's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Dave & Buster's Entertainment Inc. (PLAY) Company Bio
Dave & Buster's Entertainment Inc is an owner and operator of high-volume venues that combine dining and entertainment in North America for both adults and families. The company was founded by Davide Corriveau and James “Buster” Corley and the pair opened their first establishment in Dallas in 1982. Each venue offers a wide variety of arcade, video, and virtual reality games combined with dining choices ranging from wings to steaks. Dave and Buster’s has over 110 locations across the country and Brian A. Jenkins serves as the company’s Chief Executive Officer.
PLAY Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
PLAY Latest Social Stream
View Full PLAY Social Stream
Latest PLAY News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about DAVE & BUSTER'S ENTERTAINMENT INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate PLAY as an investment opportunity.
Dave & Buster’s Entertainment, Inc. (NASDAQ:PLAY) Q3 2023 Earnings Call Transcript December 5, 2023 Dave & Buster’s Entertainment, Inc. beats earnings expectations. Reported EPS is $0.01, expectations were $-0.22. Operator: Good day, and welcome to the Dave & Buster’s Third Quarter 2023 Earnings Conference Call. [Operator Instructions] Please note this event is being recorded. I […]
The excitement of investing in a company that can reverse its fortunes is a big draw for some speculators, so even...
The headline numbers for Dave & Buster's (PLAY) give insight into how the company performed in the quarter ended October 2023, but it may be worthwhile to compare some of its key metrics to Wall Street estimates and the year-ago actuals.
Dave & Buster's (PLAY) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 104.55% and 1.01%, respectively, for the quarter ended October 2023. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
Third Quarter Earnings Reveal Mixed Results and Share Repurchase Initiative
PLAY Price Returns
Continue Researching PLAYWant to do more research on Dave & Buster's Entertainment Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Dave & Buster's Entertainment Inc (PLAY) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Dave & Buster's Entertainment Inc (PLAY) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Dave & Buster's Entertainment Inc (PLAY) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch