PennantPark Investment Corporation - common stock (PNNT): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
PNNT POWR Grades
- PNNT scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 87.8% of US stocks.
- PNNT's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- PNNT ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 0th percentile.
PNNT Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of PENNANTPARK INVESTMENT CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 86.6% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- For PNNT, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 99.58% of US equities we're observing.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for PNNT comes in at -55.03% -- higher than that of only 10.3% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to PENNANTPARK INVESTMENT CORP, a group of peers worth examining would be NMFC, FSK, BCSF, GSBD, and GBDC.
- PNNT's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit PENNANTPARK INVESTMENT CORP's official web site, go to www.pennantpark.com.
PNNT Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, PNNT's price/earnings ratio is 3.85% higher, now standing at 10.8.
- Over the past 186 months, PNNT's price/sales ratio has gone NA NA.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for PNNT.
PNNT Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at -60.99%.
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -66.77%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 13.77%.
The table below shows PNNT's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
PNNT's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- PNNT has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 70.7% of graded US stocks.
- PNNT's asset turnover comes in at 0.069 -- ranking 278th of 444 Trading stocks.
- KRC, AINV, and ARI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with PNNT.
The table below shows PNNT's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
PNNT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
PNNT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$5.46||52-week high||$8.02|
|Prev. close||$5.51||52-week low||$5.45|
|Day high||$5.60||Avg. volume||286,503|
|50-day MA||$6.34||Dividend yield||10.99%|
|200-day MA||$6.93||Market Cap||357.16M|
PennantPark Investment Corporation - common stock (PNNT) Company Bio
PennantPark Investment Corporation is a publicly listed business development firm specializing in direct and mezzanine investments in middle market companies. It invests in the form of mezzanine debt, senior secured loans, and equity investments. The company was founded on January 11, 2007 and is based in New York, New York.
Most Popular Stories View All
PNNT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
PNNT Latest Social Stream
View Full PNNT Social Stream
Latest PNNT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about PENNANTPARK INVESTMENT CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate PNNT as an investment opportunity.
PennantPark Investment Corporation Announces an Increase of Its Quarterly Distribution to $0.15 per Share and Its Financial Results for the Quarter Ended June 30, 2022
MIAMI, Aug. 03, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- PennantPark Investment Corporation (NYSE: PNNT) announced today financial results for the third fiscal quarter ended June 30, 2022. HIGHLIGHTS Quarter ended June 30, 2022 ($ in millions, except per share amounts) Assets and Liabilities: Investment portfolio(1)$1,314.8Net assets$631.5GAAP net asset value per share$9.65Quarterly decrease in GAAP net asset value per share 3.9%Adjusted net asset value per share(2)$9.57Quarterly decrease in adjusted net asset
The average of price targets set by Wall Street analysts indicates a potential upside of 30.6% in PennantPark (PNNT). While the effectiveness of this highly sought-after metric is questionable, the positive trend in earnings estimate revisions might translate into an upside in the stock.
MIAMI, July 06, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- PennantPark Investment Corporation (the "Company") (NYSE: PNNT) announced that it will report results for the third fiscal quarter ended June 30, 2022 on Wednesday, August 3, 2022 after the close of the financial markets. The Company will also host a conference call at 12:00 p.m. (Eastern Time) on Thursday, August 4, 2022 to discuss its financial results. All interested parties are welcome to participate. You can access the conference call by dialing toll
MIAMI, June 02, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- PennantPark Investment Advisers, LLC announced today the addition of Richard T. Allorto, Jr. as a senior executive on its Finance and Operations team. Mr. Allorto reports into PennantPark group Chief Financial Officer, Richard Cheung. Mr. Allorto will be responsible for financial oversight of and will serve as Chief Financial Officer of PennantPark’s two publicly-traded business development companies, PennantPark Floating Rate Capital Ltd. (NYSE: PFLT) (T
Trading resumes in:
PNNT Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching PNNTHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Pennantpark Investment Corp's stock as an investment opportunity:
Pennantpark Investment Corp (PNNT) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Pennantpark Investment Corp (PNNT) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Pennantpark Investment Corp (PNNT) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch