PennantPark Investment Corporation - common stock (PNNT): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
PNNT POWR Grades
- PNNT scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 76.94% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for PNNT is in Quality, which has been heading up over the past 31 weeks.
- PNNT's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 4.05% of US stocks).
PNNT Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 0.17, Pennantpark Investment Corp is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than merely 1.16% of US stocks.
- For PNNT, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 98.94% of US equities we're observing.
- Over the past twelve months, PNNT has reported earnings growth of 2,041.93%, putting it ahead of 99.01% of US stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Pennantpark Investment Corp are FDUS, AINV, SLRC, LNC, and MNR.
- PNNT's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Pennantpark Investment Corp's official web site, go to www.pennantpark.com.
PNNT Valuation Summary
PNNT's EV/EBIT ratio is 6.1; this is 35.79% lower than that of the median Financial Services stock.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for PNNT.
PNNT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
PNNT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$6.96||52-week high||$7.01|
|Prev. close||$6.92||52-week low||$2.80|
|Day high||$7.01||Avg. volume||458,175|
|50-day MA||$6.48||Dividend yield||6.9%|
|200-day MA||$4.93||Market Cap||466.67M|
PennantPark Investment Corporation - common stock (PNNT) Company Bio
PennantPark Investment Corporation is a publicly listed business development firm specializing in direct and mezzanine investments in middle market companies. It invests in the form of mezzanine debt, senior secured loans, and equity investments. The company was founded on January 11, 2007 and is based in New York, New York.
PNNT Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Pennantpark Investment Corp. To summarize, we found that Pennantpark Investment Corp ranked in the 97th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Specifically, our DCF analysis implies the stock is trading below its fair value by an estimated 9492.33%. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Pennantpark Investment Corp, consider:
- The stock's equity weight, or the proportion of capital from equity relative to debt, is 43. Notably, its equity weight is greater than only 14.7% of US equities in the Financial Services sector yielding a positive free cash flow.
- Pennantpark Investment Corp's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 7%; for context, that number is higher than only 0.99% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Pennantpark Investment Corp's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 1 -- greater than only 24.84% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
PNNT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
PNNT Latest Social Stream
View Full PNNT Social Stream
Latest PNNT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Pennantpark Investment Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate PNNT as an investment opportunity.
NEW YORK, June 02, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- PennantPark Investment Corporation (the "Company") (NASDAQ: PNNT) declares its third fiscal quarter 2021 distribution of $0.12 per share, payable on July 1, 2021 to stockholders of record as of June 17, 2021. The distribution is expected to be paid from taxable net investment income. The final specific tax characteristics of the distribution will be reported to stockholders on Form 1099 after the end of the calendar year and in the Company's periodic r
Image source: The Motley Fool. PennantPark Investment (NASDAQ: PNNT)Q2 2021 Earnings CallMay 06, 2021, 12:00 p.m. ETContents: Prepared Remarks Questions and Answers Call Participants Prepared Remarks: OperatorGood afternoon, and welcome to the PennantPark Investment Corporation's second fiscal-quarter 2021 earnings conference call.
PennantPark Investment Corporation (PNNT) has moved higher as of late, but there could definitely be trouble on the horizon for this company
PennantPark Investment (NASDAQ:PNNT) Announces Quarterly Earnings Results, Misses Estimates By $0.01 EPS
PennantPark Investment (NASDAQ:PNNT) released its earnings results on Monday. The asset manager reported $0.12 EPS for the quarter, missing the Thomson Reuters’ consensus estimate of $0.13 by ($0.01), MarketWatch Earnings reports. PennantPark Investment had a positive return on equity of 7.56% and a negative net margin of 15.93%. Shares of NASDAQ:PNNT traded up $0.09 on […]
PennantPark Investment (NASDAQ:PNNT) is scheduled to announce its earnings results after the market closes on Tuesday, February 9th. Analysts expect the company to announce earnings of $0.13 per share for the quarter. Investors that wish to register for the company’s conference call can do so using this link. PennantPark Investment (NASDAQ:PNNT) last issued its earnings […]
PNNT Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching PNNTHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Pennantpark Investment Corp's stock as an investment opportunity:
Pennantpark Investment Corp (PNNT) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Pennantpark Investment Corp (PNNT) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Pennantpark Investment Corp (PNNT) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch