Pinnacle West Capital Corporation (PNW): Price and Financial Metrics
PNW Stock Summary
- Pinnacle West Capital Corp's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.5% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of Pinnacle West Capital Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 0.35% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, PNW is more volatile than only 8.92% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Pinnacle West Capital Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be MTN, AIV, CPT, REG, and WES.
- PNW's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Pinnacle West Capital Corp's official web site, go to www.pinnaclewest.com.
PNW Stock Price Chart More Charts
PNW Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$100.94||52-week high||$105.51|
|Prev. close||$103.60||52-week low||$84.26|
|Day high||$103.31||Avg. volume||961,271|
|50-day MA||$93.78||Dividend yield||3.02%|
|200-day MA||$93.57||Market Cap||11.35B|
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation (PNW) Company Bio
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation provides retail and wholesale electric services primarily in the State of Arizona. It generates, transmits, and distributes electricity using coal, nuclear, gas, oil, and solar resources. The company was founded in 1920 and is based in Phoenix, Arizona.
PNW Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for PNW, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Pinnacle West Capital Corp ranked in the 0st percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 100%. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for PNW, they are:
- The compound growth rate in the free cash flow of Pinnacle West Capital Corp over the past 5.52 years is -0.52%; that's better than only 0% of cash flow producing equities in the Utilities sector, where it is classified.
- Pinnacle West Capital Corp's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 8%; for context, that number is higher than only 11.5% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|