Pinnacle West Capital Corporation (PNW): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
PNW POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where PNW ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 63.23% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for PNW is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 52 weeks.
- PNW's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 4.18% of US stocks).
PNW Stock Summary
- Pinnacle West Capital Corp's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.68% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of Pinnacle West Capital Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 0.35% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- For PNW, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 92.87% of US equities we're observing.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Pinnacle West Capital Corp are SWX, AER, AEE, HEP, and DEI.
- PNW's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Pinnacle West Capital Corp's official web site, go to www.pinnaclewest.com.
PNW Valuation Summary
- PNW's EV/EBIT ratio is 18.1; this is 20.26% lower than that of the median Utilities stock.
- Over the past 243 months, PNW's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 7.6.
- Over the past 243 months, PNW's price/sales ratio has gone up 1.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for PNW.
PNW Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at -2.94%.
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at 8.23%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 6.75%.
The table below shows PNW's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
PNW's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- PNW has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 57.1% of graded US stocks.
- PNW's asset turnover comes in at 0.182 -- ranking 72nd of 105 Utilities stocks.
- AEP, AEE, and CPK are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with PNW.
The table below shows PNW's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
PNW Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
PNW Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$67.07||52-week high||$91.88|
|Prev. close||$67.00||52-week low||$65.20|
|Day high||$67.57||Avg. volume||937,325|
|50-day MA||$73.40||Dividend yield||4.96%|
|200-day MA||$79.46||Market Cap||7.56B|
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation (PNW) Company Bio
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation provides retail and wholesale electric services primarily in the State of Arizona. It generates, transmits, and distributes electricity using coal, nuclear, gas, oil, and solar resources. The company was founded in 1920 and is based in Phoenix, Arizona.
Most Popular Stories View All
PNW Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
PNW Latest Social Stream
View Full PNW Social Stream
Latest PNW News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Pinnacle West Capital Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate PNW as an investment opportunity.
Pinnacle West Capital (NYSE:PNW) had its price objective cut by KeyCorp from $67.00 to $60.00 in a report issued on Tuesday, Benzinga reports. They currently have an underweight rating on the utilities providers stock. KeyCorp also issued estimates for Pinnacle West Capitals Q3 2021 earnings at $2.76 EPS, Q4 2021 earnings at $0.03 EPS, FY2021 
Dimensional Fund Advisors LP cut its stake in Pinnacle West Capital Co. (NYSE:PNW) by 0.3% in the second quarter, according to the company in its most recent disclosure with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). The fund owned 465,392 shares of the utilities providers stock after selling 1,349 shares during the period. Dimensional Fund Advisors 
FirstEnergy's (FE) third-quarter earnings are likely to have benefited from the rising demand from different customer groups, offset by the absence of Ohio decoupling revenues.
Pinnacle West Capital (NYSE:PNW) had its price objective lowered by research analysts at Morgan Stanley from $83.00 to $70.00 in a report released on Tuesday, Benzinga reports. The firm currently has an equal weight rating on the utilities providers stock. Morgan Stanleys target price indicates a potential upside of 2.40% from the stocks previous close. 
Pinnacle West's (PNW) focus on generating clean electricity and strategic investments are likely to enhance its existing operations.
PNW Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching PNWWant to see what other sources are saying about Pinnacle West Capital Corp's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Pinnacle West Capital Corp (PNW) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Pinnacle West Capital Corp (PNW) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Pinnacle West Capital Corp (PNW) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch