Post Holdings, Inc. (POST): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
POST POWR Grades
- POST scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 72.87% of US stocks.
- POST's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- POST's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 10.22% of US stocks).
POST Stock Summary
- POST's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 180.14 -- higher than 86.26% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 65.44, Post Holdings Inc P/E ratio is greater than that of about 88.96% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Post Holdings Inc is higher than it is for about 85.09% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Post Holdings Inc are SHC, TGNA, SLGN, OUT, and TPC.
- Visit POST's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.postholdings.com.
POST Valuation Summary
- POST's price/earnings ratio is 36.2; this is 59.82% higher than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- Over the past 117 months, POST's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.2.
- POST's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.2 over the prior 117 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for POST.
POST Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at 15.7%.
- The 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 16.87%.
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -141.75%.
The table below shows POST's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
POST's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- POST has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 25.66% of graded US stocks.
- POST's asset turnover comes in at 0.485 -- ranking 45th of 59 Food Products stocks.
- HAIN, SJM, and FRPT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with POST.
The table below shows POST's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
POST Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
POST Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$80.98||52-week high||$82.99|
|Prev. close||$78.61||52-week low||$62.83|
|Day high||$81.14||Avg. volume||667,237|
|50-day MA||$73.74||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$72.06||Market Cap||4.92B|
Post Holdings, Inc. (POST) Company Bio
Post Holdings manufactures, markets, and sells refrigerated, active nutrition, and private label food products in the United States and Canada. The company operates through five segments: Post Foods, Michael Foods, Active Nutrition, Private Brands, and Attune Foods. The company was founded in 1895 and is based in St. Louis, Missouri.
Most Popular Stories View All
POST Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
POST Latest Social Stream
View Full POST Social Stream
Latest POST News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Post Holdings Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate POST as an investment opportunity.
ST. LOUIS, Feb. 24, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- BellRing Distribution, LLC (“New BellRing”), Post Holdings, Inc. (“Post”) and BellRing Brands, Inc. (“BellRing”) today announced that in light of market volatility New BellRing has withdrawn its previously announced private offering of senior notes (the “Notes”). As a result, no Notes will be sold pursuant to this offering. New BellRing expects to commence a debt financing transaction in the coming weeks. Post continues to expect to distribute 80.1% o
BellRing Distribution, LLC -- Moody's assigns B2 CFR to BellRing Distribution, LLC; B3 rating to proposed unsecured notes; outlook stable
Rating Action: Moody's assigns B2 CFR to BellRing Distribution, LLC; B3 rating to proposed unsecured notes; outlook stableGlobal Credit Research - 22 Feb 2022New York, February 22, 2022 -- Moody's Investors Service ("Moody's") assigned a B3 rating to BellRing Distribution, LLC's ("New BellRing" or "BellRing") proposed new $840 million 10-year unsecured notes. Moody's is also reassigning corporate ratings to the new debt issuer BellRing including a B2 Corporate Family Rating ("CFR"), a B2-PD Probability of Default Rating ("PDR"), and an SGL-1 Speculative Grade Liquidity rating.
ST. LOUIS, Feb. 22, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- BellRing Distribution, LLC (“New BellRing”) today announced that it intends to commence a private offering to eligible purchasers of $840.0 million in aggregate principal amount of senior notes due 2032 (the “Notes”). The Notes are being offered in connection with the transactions involved with Post Holdings, Inc.’s (“Post”) anticipated spin-off of 80.1% of its interest in New BellRing to Post shareholders, and completion of the Notes offering is cond
Post Holdings Announces Record Date for Anticipated Spin-Off of its Interest in BellRing Brands to Post Shareholders
ST. LOUIS, Feb. 14, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Post Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:POST) (“Post”), a consumer packaged goods holding company, today announced it has set a record date of February 25, 2022 (the “Record Date”) for the anticipated spin-off of 80.1% of its interest in BellRing Brands (“BellRing”) to Post shareholders.
Post Holdings, Inc. ( NYSE:POST ) came out with its quarterly results last week, and we wanted to see how the business...
POST Price Returns