Post Holdings, Inc. (POST): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
POST POWR Grades
- POST scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 85.49% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for POST is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 31 weeks.
- POST ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 13th percentile.
POST Stock Summary
- For POST, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 84.9% of US equities we're observing.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Post Holdings Inc is reporting a growth rate of 301.14%; that's higher than 93.7% of US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, POST is more volatile than just 16.77% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Post Holdings Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be TGNA, SPH, CIO, CLW, and MTOR.
- POST's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Post Holdings Inc's official web site, go to www.postholdings.com.
POST Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Defensive stock, POST's price/sales ratio is 13.33% lower, now standing at 1.3.
- Over the past 114 months, POST's price/sales ratio has gone up $0.3.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for POST.
POST Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
POST Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$108.25||52-week high||$117.91|
|Prev. close||$110.66||52-week low||$81.38|
|Day high||$110.37||Avg. volume||391,620|
|50-day MA||$113.81||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$100.40||Market Cap||6.89B|
Post Holdings, Inc. (POST) Company Bio
Post Holdings manufactures, markets, and sells refrigerated, active nutrition, and private label food products in the United States and Canada. The company operates through five segments: Post Foods, Michael Foods, Active Nutrition, Private Brands, and Attune Foods. The company was founded in 1895 and is based in St. Louis, Missouri.
POST Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for POST, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Post Holdings Inc ranked in the 48th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for POST, they are:
- 52% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than just 16.55% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- Post Holdings Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than only 20.43% of tickers in our DCF set.
- As a business, Post Holdings Inc experienced a tax rate of about 9% over the past twelve months; relative to its sector (Consumer Defensive), this tax rate is higher than just 22.49% of stocks generating free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
POST Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
POST Latest Social Stream
View Full POST Social Stream
Latest POST News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Post Holdings Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate POST as an investment opportunity.
When you buy and hold a stock for the long term, you definitely want it to provide a positive return. Better yet, you'd...
Consumer packaged goods company Post Holdings (POST) has acquired a ready-to-eat (RTE) cereal business from TreeHouse Foods for a consideration of $85 million. The acquired RTE business includes two facilities situated in Ohio and Nevada with a range of production capabilities in batch and extruded products, an R&D facility, and inventory of about $30 million in value. Post expects the acquisition to be modestly dilutive to its Fiscal 2021 adjusted EBITDA and accretive in Fiscal 2022.
Post Holdings (POST) acquires the ready-to-eat ("RTE") cereal business from TreeHouse Foods. The acquisition is expected to augment Post Holdings' bottom line in fiscal 2022.
ST. LOUIS, June 01, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Post Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:POST), a consumer packaged goods holding company, today announced that it has acquired the ready-to-eat (“RTE”) cereal business of TreeHouse Foods for $85 million, effective today. The acquisition includes two facilities located in Lancaster, Ohio and Sparks, Nevada, which feature a wide range of production capabilities across batch and extruded products, a research and development facility located in Sauget, Illinois as well
TreeHouse Foods (NYSE: THS) today announced it has simultaneously signed a definitive agreement and completed the sale of its ready-to-eat (RTE) cereal business to Post Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: POST) for a purchase price of $85 million.
POST Price Returns