Post Holdings, Inc. (POST): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
POST POWR Grades
- POST scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 78.8% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for POST is in Momentum, which has been heading down over the past 48 weeks.
- POST ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 12th percentile.
POST Stock Summary
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Post Holdings Inc is higher than it is for about 84.49% of US stocks.
- Over the past twelve months, POST has reported earnings growth of 214.43%, putting it ahead of 89.35% of US stocks in our set.
- The volatility of Post Holdings Inc's share price is greater than that of only 11.64% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Post Holdings Inc are STNE, TGNA, MTOR, DAN, and SLGN.
- POST's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Post Holdings Inc's official web site, go to www.postholdings.com.
POST Valuation Summary
- POST's price/earnings ratio is 36.2; this is 59.82% higher than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- Over the past 117 months, POST's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.2.
- POST's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.2 over the prior 117 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for POST.
POST Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at 13.86%.
- The 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 16.87%.
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 641.11%.
The table below shows POST's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
POST's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- POST has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 25.44% of graded US stocks.
- POST's asset turnover comes in at 0.485 -- ranking 43rd of 57 Food Products stocks.
- SJM, RMCF, and FRPT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with POST.
The table below shows POST's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
POST Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
POST Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$109.43||52-week high||$117.91|
|Prev. close||$109.59||52-week low||$83.25|
|Day high||$110.58||Avg. volume||376,561|
|50-day MA||$108.39||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$106.54||Market Cap||6.97B|
Post Holdings, Inc. (POST) Company Bio
Post Holdings manufactures, markets, and sells refrigerated, active nutrition, and private label food products in the United States and Canada. The company operates through five segments: Post Foods, Michael Foods, Active Nutrition, Private Brands, and Attune Foods. The company was founded in 1895 and is based in St. Louis, Missouri.
Most Popular Stories View All
POST Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
POST Latest Social Stream
View Full POST Social Stream
Latest POST News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Post Holdings Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate POST as an investment opportunity.
Trade union Unite said a recent poll found seven in 10 people want the practice of fire and rehire banned.
Post Holdings, Tyson Foods post strong Q3 results buoyed by elevated demand in the food service channel
US American consumer packaged goods demand Post Holdings and Arkansas-based multinational meat processing company Tyson Foods have reported double digit growth in net sales for quarter three buoyed by elevated demand in the food service channel. Q3 net sales for Post Holdings were US$1.6bn, an increase of 19% (or US$253.4 million including US$78.5m in net sales from acquisitions made in the past two years) compared to US$1.3bn in the prior-year period. During the quarter, Post saw its foodservice business rebound, growing by 80% year on year, primarily driven by out-of-home demand for its
POST earnings call for the period ending June 30, 2021.
Post Holdings (POST) third-quarter performance reflects gains from acquisitions, recovery in foodservice channel as well as strong brand performance across certain categories.
Post Holdings (POST) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of -1.06% and 5.87%, respectively, for the quarter ended June 2021. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
POST Price Returns