Pilgrim's Pride Corporation (PPC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
PPC POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where PPC ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 85.4% of US stocks.
- PPC's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 47 weeks.
- PPC ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 12th percentile.
PPC Stock Summary
- Pilgrims Pride Corp's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 92.79% of US listed stocks.
- PPC's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 311.89 -- higher than 90.36% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.52, Pilgrims Pride Corp has a higher such ratio than merely 9.68% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to PPC, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are PRMW, AKO.B, ITP, UFAB, and GME.
- PPC's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Pilgrims Pride Corp's official web site, go to www.pilgrims.com.
PPC Valuation Summary
- PPC's EV/EBIT ratio is 53.4; this is 196.67% higher than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- Over the past 233 months, PPC's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 39.2.
- PPC's price/earnings ratio has moved down 221.9 over the prior 233 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for PPC.
PPC Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 35.21%.
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at 3.79%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -21.58%.
The table below shows PPC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
PPC's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- PPC has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 73.28% of graded US stocks.
- PPC's asset turnover comes in at 1.737 -- ranking 10th of 57 Food Products stocks.
- HSY, MKC, and BG are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with PPC.
The table below shows PPC's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
PPC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
PPC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$28.26||52-week high||$28.38|
|Prev. close||$28.15||52-week low||$14.06|
|Day high||$28.30||Avg. volume||645,796|
|50-day MA||$24.59||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$23.04||Market Cap||6.89B|
Pilgrim's Pride Corporation (PPC) Company Bio
Pilgrim's Pride engages in the production, processing, marketing, and distribution of fresh, frozen, and value-added chicken products to retailers, distributors, and foodservice operators in the United States, Mexico, and Puerto Rico. The company was founded in 1946 and is based in Greeley, Colorado.
Most Popular Stories View All
PPC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
PPC Latest Social Stream
View Full PPC Social Stream
Latest PPC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Pilgrims Pride Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate PPC as an investment opportunity.
Pilgrim's Pride (PPC) could be a solid choice for shorter-term investors looking to capitalize on the recent price trend in fundamentally sound stocks. It is one of the many stocks that passed through our shorter-term trading strategy-based screen.
GREELEY, Colo., Sept. 02, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Pilgrim’s Pride Corporation (NASDAQ: PPC) (the “Company”) today announced it has closed an offering of $900.0 million in aggregate principal amount of its 3.500% Senior Notes due 2032 (the “Notes”). The Company intends to use the net proceeds from the offering of the Notes, together with borrowings under the delayed draw term loan under its secured credit facility, to finance its previously announced acquisition of the Meats and Meals businesses
PPC vs. HRL: Which Stock Is the Better Value Option?
Pilgrim's Pride (PPC) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
CTRN, EHC, HMC, PPC, and MNTX have been added to the Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy) List on August 27, 2021.
PPC Price Returns