Pilgrim's Pride Corporation (PPC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
PPC POWR Grades
- PPC scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 98.49% of US stocks.
- PPC's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- PPC ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 20th percentile.
PPC Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for PPC is 4.51 -- better than 91.2% of US stocks.
- PPC's went public 33.49 years ago, making it older than 89.72% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- PPC's price/sales ratio is 0.45; that's higher than the P/S ratio of just 7.1% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to PPC, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are UGP, POR, REYN, TRMD, and CODI.
- Visit PPC's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.pilgrims.com.
PPC Valuation Summary
- PPC's price/sales ratio is 0.5; this is 66.67% lower than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- Over the past 230 months, PPC's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up $10.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for PPC.
PPC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
PPC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$21.43||52-week high||$26.27|
|Prev. close||$21.25||52-week low||$14.06|
|Day high||$21.53||Avg. volume||548,826|
|50-day MA||$23.94||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$20.76||Market Cap||5.22B|
Pilgrim's Pride Corporation (PPC) Company Bio
Pilgrim's Pride engages in the production, processing, marketing, and distribution of fresh, frozen, and value-added chicken products to retailers, distributors, and foodservice operators in the United States, Mexico, and Puerto Rico. The company was founded in 1946 and is based in Greeley, Colorado.
PPC Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for PPC, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Pilgrims Pride Corp ranked in the 10th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for PPC, they are:
- The company's compound free cash flow growth rate over the past 5.75 years comes in at -0.24%; that's greater than just 6.65% of US stocks we're applying DCF forecasting to.
- Pilgrims Pride Corp's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than only 12.44% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Relative to other stocks in its sector (Consumer Defensive), Pilgrims Pride Corp has a reliance on debt greater than 66.75% of them.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
PPC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
PPC Latest Social Stream
View Full PPC Social Stream
Latest PPC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Pilgrims Pride Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate PPC as an investment opportunity.
Pilgrim's Pride (PPC) to buy the Kerry Consumer Foods' Meats and Meals business, which will add key value-added protein and renowned brands to its portfolio.
Pilgrim’s Pride Corporation (PPC), one of the foremost names globally in the frozen food products segment, has acquired the Meats and Meals business of Kerry Consumer Foods in the United Kingdom and Ireland. Pilgrim’s Pride will pay £680 million ($952 million) to snap up the business. The deal is likely to close in the fourth quarter of 2021, subject to certain approvals. The Meats and Meals business of Kerry Consumer Foods has a significant presence in the United Kingdom and Ireland. While Kerr
Pilgrim's Pride Corp. said late Thursday it has agreed to buy the meats and meals business of Kerry Consumer Foods in the U.K. and Ireland for an undisclosed amount. Following the deal, Pilgrim's "will be a leading food company, with a significant value-added protein and integrated prepared foods business anchored by a portfolio of strong brands," the poultry producer said. The deal values Kerry, which makes branded and private-label meats, meat snacks, frozen meals and food-to-go products, arou
Pilgrim’s to Expand Prepared Foods and Branded Products Platform by Acquiring Kerry Consumer Foods’ Meats and Meals Business
£680M acquisition will increase Pilgrim’s portfolio diversity Company to host a conference call today at 5 p.m. ET GREELEY, Colo., June 17, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Pilgrim’s Pride Corporation (Nasdaq: PPC) (“Pilgrim’s” or the “Company”) today announced that it has executed an acquisition agreement to acquire the Meats and Meals business (the “Acquisition”) of Kerry Consumer Foods in the United Kingdom and Ireland. Following the Acquisition, Pilgrim’s will be a leading food company, with a signi
Inflation trade stocks are becoming a priority among investors looking to hedge against fears of rising consumer prices.
PPC Price Returns