Pilgrim's Pride Corporation (PPC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
PPC POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where PPC ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 81.42% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for PPC is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- PPC's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 4.22% of US stocks).
PPC Stock Summary
- PILGRIMS PRIDE CORP's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 93.3% of US listed stocks.
- PPC's went public 35.25 years ago, making it older than 90.7% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, PILGRIMS PRIDE CORP is reporting a growth rate of 394.94%; that's higher than 96.03% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to PPC, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are SIRE, ADNT, GT, WPP, and PTVE.
- PPC's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit PILGRIMS PRIDE CORP's official web site, go to www.pilgrims.com.
PPC Valuation Summary
- PPC's price/sales ratio is 0.3; this is 70% lower than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- Over the past 243 months, PPC's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 14.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for PPC.
PPC Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at 47.2%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 33.89%.
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at 6.86%.
The table below shows PPC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
PPC's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- PPC has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 72.59% of graded US stocks.
- PPC's asset turnover comes in at 1.757 -- ranking 10th of 59 Food Products stocks.
- ADM, RMCF, and DAR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with PPC.
The table below shows PPC's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
PPC Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of PPC, see our PPC price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$27.80||Average Broker Recommendation||1.5 (Moderate Buy)|
PPC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
PPC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$21.99||52-week high||$34.66|
|Prev. close||$21.34||52-week low||$20.85|
|Day high||$22.24||Avg. volume||893,195|
|50-day MA||$24.28||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$26.15||Market Cap||5.20B|
Pilgrim's Pride Corporation (PPC) Company Bio
Pilgrim's Pride engages in the production, processing, marketing, and distribution of fresh, frozen, and value-added chicken products to retailers, distributors, and foodservice operators in the United States, Mexico, and Puerto Rico. The company was founded in 1946 and is based in Greeley, Colorado.
Most Popular Stories View All
PPC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
PPC Latest Social Stream
View Full PPC Social Stream
Latest PPC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about PILGRIMS PRIDE CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate PPC as an investment opportunity.
PILGRIM'S PRIDE CORPORATION ANNOUNCES EXPIRATION AND RESULTS OF ITS REGISTERED EXCHANGE OFFERS FOR ANY AND ALL OF ITS OUTSTANDING 4.250% SUSTAINABILITY-LINKED SENIOR NOTES DUE 2031 AND 3.500% SENIOR NOTES DUE 2032
Pilgrim's Pride Corporation ("PPC") announced today the expiration and results of its previously announced offers to exchange (the "Exchange Offers") any and all of its outstanding (i) $1.0 billion aggregate principal amount of 4.250% Sustainability-Linked Senior Notes due 2031 (the "Existing 2031 Notes") and (ii) $900.0 million aggregate principal amount of 3.500% Senior Notes due 2032 (the "Existing 2032 Notes," and together with the Existing 2031 Notes, the "Existing Notes"), for an equal pri
Pilgrim's Pride underestimated U.S. meat supplies, hurting earnings
Pilgrim's Pride Corp, one of the biggest U.S. chicken companies, underestimated meat production at the end of last year, Chief Executive Fabio Sandri said on Thursday after the company reported a surprise quarterly loss. The company, owned mostly by meatpacker JBS SA, joined rival Tyson Foods Inc in misjudging that lower beef and pork supplies would increase demand for chicken as consumers grapple with high inflation. Pilgrim's shares still rose by 5% as the company said it expects beef supplies to shrink later this year and is now seeing some consumers switching to chicken.
Pilgrim’s Pride Reports Fourth Quarter and Year-End 2022 Results
GREELEY, Colo., Feb. 08, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Pilgrim’s Pride Corporation (NASDAQ: PPC), one of the world's largest poultry producers, reports its fourth quarter and year-end 2022 financial results. 2022 Highlights Net Sales of $17.5 billion, up 18.2% from prior year.Consolidated GAAP Operating Income margin of 6.7% with GAAP operating income margins of 10.2% in U.S., 4.5% in Mexico, and break-even in Europe.GAAP Net Income of $745.9 million. Adjusted Net Income of $803.6 million, or adjuste
Pilgrim's Pride (PPC) Set to Report Q4 Earnings: Things to Note
Pilgrim's Pride's (PPC) fourth-quarter performance is likely to have witnessed an escalated cost of sales.
Pilgrim’s Pride Corporation to Host Year End 2022 Earnings Call on February 9, 2023
GREELEY, Colo., Jan. 17, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Pilgrim’s Pride Corporation (NASDAQ: PPC) announced today that it will release its fourth quarter and fiscal year 2022 financial results after the U.S. market closes on Wednesday, February 8, 2023. The Company’s executives will review the results on a conference call and webcast on Thursday, February 9, 2023 at 7:00 a.m. MT (9:00 a.m. ET). Prepared remarks regarding the company’s financial and operational results will be followed by a question an
PPC Price Returns
Continue Researching PPCWant to do more research on Pilgrims Pride Corp's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Pilgrims Pride Corp (PPC) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Pilgrims Pride Corp (PPC) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Pilgrims Pride Corp (PPC) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...