Pilgrim's Pride Corporation (PPC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
PPC POWR Grades
- PPC scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 96.33% of US stocks.
- PPC's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 177 days.
- PPC's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 28.2% of US stocks).
PPC Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for PPC is 5.85 -- better than 93.13% of US stocks.
- PILGRIMS PRIDE CORP's stock had its IPO on December 30, 1987, making it an older stock than 90.39% of US equities in our set.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, PILGRIMS PRIDE CORP is reporting a growth rate of 564.78%; that's higher than 96.99% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to PPC, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are AVNT, REYN, GT, INGR, and ABG.
- PPC's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit PILGRIMS PRIDE CORP's official web site, go to www.pilgrims.com.
PPC Valuation Summary
- PPC's EV/EBIT ratio is 7.9; this is 53.39% lower than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- Over the past 243 months, PPC's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 5.3.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for PPC.
PPC Growth Metrics
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 65.42%.
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 89.47%.
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -12.95%.
The table below shows PPC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
PPC's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- PPC has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 72.59% of graded US stocks.
- PPC's asset turnover comes in at 1.757 -- ranking 10th of 59 Food Products stocks.
- ADM, RMCF, and DAR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with PPC.
The table below shows PPC's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
PPC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
PPC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$23.02||52-week high||$34.66|
|Prev. close||$23.23||52-week low||$20.23|
|Day high||$23.75||Avg. volume||964,692|
|50-day MA||$28.43||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$28.09||Market Cap||5.50B|
Pilgrim's Pride Corporation (PPC) Company Bio
Pilgrim's Pride engages in the production, processing, marketing, and distribution of fresh, frozen, and value-added chicken products to retailers, distributors, and foodservice operators in the United States, Mexico, and Puerto Rico. The company was founded in 1946 and is based in Greeley, Colorado.
Most Popular Stories View All
PPC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
PPC Latest Social Stream
View Full PPC Social Stream
Latest PPC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about PILGRIMS PRIDE CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate PPC as an investment opportunity.
For those with a budget that may be restricted right now, perhaps it's time to check out these under-$50 sleeper stocks to buy right now.
Pilgrim's Pride (PPC) benefits from its focus on strategic growth initiatives, like capacity expansions and a customer-centric approach.
The food industry is composed of companies that focus primarily on offering food and nonalcoholic beverage products. Companies in the food industry include The Kroger Co., Darling Ingredients Inc., and B&G Foods Inc. The food sector, as represented by the S&P 1500 Food Products Industry Index, has significantly outperformed the broader market, with a one-year trailing total return of 11.6% compared with -12.5% for the Russell 1000 Index, as of Sept. 19, 2022.
PILGRIM'S PRIDE CORPORATION ANNOUNCES CONSENT SOLICITATIONS FOR EACH OF ITS 4.250% SUSTAINABILITY-LINKED SENIOR NOTES DUE 2031 AND 3.500% SENIOR NOTES DUE 2032
Pilgrim's Pride Corporation ("PPC") announced today that it is soliciting consents (the "Consents") from the holders of each of its (i) 4.250% Sustainability-Linked Senior Notes due 2031 (the "2031 Notes"), and (ii) 3.500% Senior Notes due 2032 (the "2032 Notes" and, collectively with the 2031 Notes, the "Notes"), each issued by PPC to certain proposed amendments as set forth below (with respect to each series of Notes, the "Proposed Amendments") to the indentures governing each series of Notes
Pilgrim's Pride (PPC) benefits from long-term investments like capacity expansion and automation. However, rising pressures from inflation are a concern.
PPC Price Returns