PPG Industries, Inc. (PPG): Price and Financial Metrics
PPG Stock Summary
- PPG has a market capitalization of $35,847,464,758 -- more than approximately 93.01% of US stocks.
- PPG's went public 35.3 years ago, making it older than 92.83% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, PPG is more volatile than only 17.75% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Ppg Industries Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be ZBH, CHT, XYL, COO, and MTD.
- PPG's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Ppg Industries Inc's official web site, go to www.ppg.com.
PPG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
PPG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$150.87||52-week high||$156.57|
|Prev. close||$151.07||52-week low||$81.43|
|Day high||$152.47||Avg. volume||1,493,650|
|50-day MA||$144.15||Dividend yield||1.44%|
|200-day MA||$133.49||Market Cap||35.75B|
PPG Industries, Inc. (PPG) Company Bio
PPG Industries manufactures and distributes coatings, specialty materials, and glass products. The company's Performance Coatings segment provides coatings products for automotive and commercial transport/fleet repair and refurbishing; light industrial and specialty coatings for signs; sealants, coatings, maintenance cleaners, and transparencies for commercial, military, regional jet and general aviation aircraft, and transparent armor for specialty applications; and chemical management services. The company was founded in 1883 and is based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
PPG Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Ppg Industries Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Ppg Industries Inc ranked in the 48th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Ppg Industries Inc, consider:
- As a business, PPG is generating more cash flow than 90.3% of positive cash flow stocks in the Basic Materials.
- Ppg Industries Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than merely 20.96% of tickers in our DCF set.
- PPG's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than merely 20.96% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
PPG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
PPG Latest Social Stream
View Full PPG Social Stream
Latest PPG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Ppg Industries Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate PPG as an investment opportunity.
Benefits of restructuring actions, acquisitions and improved demand are likely to get reflected on PPG Industries' (PPG) Q1 results.
PPG Industries (PPG) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
PPG Industries' (PPG) center will serve as a bridge between innovation and customer applications for its industrial, packaging as well as automotive refinish coatings businesses.
When researching a stock for investment, what can tell us that the company is in decline? Businesses in decline often...
PPG Industries (PPG) expands its market share opportunity in the healthcare segment through its deal with Vizient.
PPG Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching PPGWant to do more research on Ppg Industries Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!