PPG Industries, Inc. (PPG): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
PPG POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where PPG ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 91.72% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for PPG is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 31 weeks.
- PPG ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 51st percentile.
PPG Stock Summary
- PPG has a market capitalization of $38,772,197,343 -- more than approximately 93.18% of US stocks.
- Ppg Industries Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 80.81% of US listed stocks.
- PPG's went public 35.6 years ago, making it older than 92.76% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Ppg Industries Inc are WBA, HSY, CRH, AFL, and TRV.
- PPG's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Ppg Industries Inc's official web site, go to www.ppg.com.
PPG Valuation Summary
- PPG's price/sales ratio is 2.8; this is 64.71% higher than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- PPG's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 15.8 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, PPG's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 15.8.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for PPG.
PPG Growth Metrics
- The 4 year revenue growth rate now stands at -2.87%.
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at -2.88%.
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -13.75%.
The table below shows PPG's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
PPG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
PPG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$163.52||52-week high||$182.97|
|Prev. close||$162.86||52-week low||$105.94|
|Day high||$165.06||Avg. volume||1,377,161|
|50-day MA||$171.90||Dividend yield||1.33%|
|200-day MA||$153.97||Market Cap||38.81B|
PPG Industries, Inc. (PPG) Company Bio
PPG Industries manufactures and distributes coatings, specialty materials, and glass products. The company's Performance Coatings segment provides coatings products for automotive and commercial transport/fleet repair and refurbishing; light industrial and specialty coatings for signs; sealants, coatings, maintenance cleaners, and transparencies for commercial, military, regional jet and general aviation aircraft, and transparent armor for specialty applications; and chemical management services. The company was founded in 1883 and is based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
PPG Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for PPG, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Ppg Industries Inc ranked in the 44th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Ppg Industries Inc ended up being:
- Interest coverage, a measure of earnings relative to interest payments, is 12.24; that's higher than 75.19% of US stocks in the Basic Materials sector that have positive free cash flow.
- PPG's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 27.59% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
PPG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
PPG Latest Social Stream
View Full PPG Social Stream
Latest PPG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Ppg Industries Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate PPG as an investment opportunity.
PPG announces initial launch phase for PPG BOUNDLESS™ CA6500 topcoat series for general aviation market in U.S., Canada
SYLMAR, Calif., July 29, 2021--PPG (NYSE:PPG) today announced the initial launch of the PPG BOUNDLESS™ CA6500 series of innovative topcoats for the general aviation market in the United States and Canada. Specifically tailored for light aircraft and helicopters, the series is comprised of low volatile organic compound (VOC) polyurethane coatings, which are designed to provide excellent durability, performance and appearance characteristics with minimal regulated VOC and volatile hazardous air po
PITTSBURGH, July 29, 2021--PPG (NYSE:PPG) today announced that employees Rachel Harris and Kristin Nuzzio received 2021 STEP Ahead Awards from the Manufacturing Institute for their exemplary leadership and industry achievements.
PPG Industries (PPG) will ramp up production of its over-varnish coatings in order to aid beverage can producers to meet the demand surge and also add supply-chain security.
PPG to Expand Production Capacity for PPG ISENSE Gloss Beverage Can Coatings at Delaware, Ohio, Plant
PITTSBURGH, July 26, 2021--PPG (NYSE:PPG) today announced that it is currently adding capacity for the production of overvarnish coatings for beverage can exteriors, including PPG ISENSE™ Gloss coatings, at its Delaware, Ohio, plant.
Does the July share price for PPG Industries, Inc. ( NYSE:PPG ) reflect what it's really worth? Today, we will estimate...
PPG Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|