PPG Industries Inc. (PPG): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
PPG POWR Grades
- PPG scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 79.65% of US stocks.
- PPG's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving up over the last 177 days.
- PPG's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 34.64% of US stocks).
PPG Stock Summary
- PPG INDUSTRIES INC's market capitalization of $31,632,336,958 is ahead of 92.74% of US-listed equities.
- PPG INDUSTRIES INC's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.49% of US equities in our set.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, PPG is more volatile than only 9.33% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to PPG INDUSTRIES INC, a group of peers worth examining would be CHT, COO, JHX, WAB, and SNN.
- PPG's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit PPG INDUSTRIES INC's official web site, go to www.ppg.com.
PPG Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Basic Materials stock, PPG's price/sales ratio is 5.26% lower, now standing at 1.8.
- Over the past 243 months, PPG's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.8.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for PPG.
PPG Growth Metrics
- The 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -49.1%.
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at -10.1%.
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 13.22%.
The table below shows PPG's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
PPG's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- PPG has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 86.23% of graded US stocks.
- PPG's asset turnover comes in at 0.78 -- ranking 29th of 89 Chemicals stocks.
- TSE, AXTA, and AVNT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with PPG.
The table below shows PPG's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
PPG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
PPG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$132.04||52-week high||$177.32|
|Prev. close||$134.59||52-week low||$107.06|
|Day high||$135.84||Avg. volume||1,472,132|
|50-day MA||$119.73||Dividend yield||1.84%|
|200-day MA||$124.05||Market Cap||31.03B|
PPG Industries Inc. (PPG) Company Bio
PPG Industries, Inc. is an American Fortune 500 company and global supplier of paints, coatings, and specialty materials. With headquarters in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, PPG operates in more than 70 countries around the globe. By revenue it is the largest coatings company in the world followed by AkzoNobel. It is headquartered in PPG Place, an office and retail complex in downtown Pittsburgh, and is known for its glass facade designed by Philip Johnson. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
PPG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
PPG Latest Social Stream
View Full PPG Social Stream
Latest PPG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about PPG INDUSTRIES INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate PPG as an investment opportunity.
Olin (OLN) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
Today we'll do a simple run through of a valuation method used to estimate the attractiveness of PPG Industries, Inc...
PPG Industries (PPG) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
PITTSBURGH, November 18, 2022--PPG (NYSE:PPG) today announced that Michael McGarry, PPG chairman and chief executive officer, has been named Industrialist of the Year by the Western Pennsylvania Chapter of the Society of Industrial and Office Realtors (SIOR). The award recognizes southwestern Pennsylvania business leaders for their positive contributions across their industry, their community and the region.
Outgoing CEO of one of the region's biggest public companies reveals plan to "repurpose the environment" of its headquarters office at PPG Place.
PPG Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|