PPG Industries Inc. (PPG): Price and Financial Metrics
PPG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$128.79||52-week high||$152.89|
|Prev. close||$130.80||52-week low||$107.40|
|Day high||$130.05||Avg. volume||1,467,692|
|50-day MA||$140.55||Dividend yield||1.97%|
|200-day MA||$135.80||Market Cap||30.33B|
PPG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
PPG POWR Grades
- PPG scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 85.01% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for PPG is in Quality, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- PPG's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 23.12% of US stocks).
PPG Stock Summary
- PPG has a higher market value than 92.51% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $31,203,117,502.
- PPG's went public 37.74 years ago, making it older than 93.16% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- The volatility of PPG INDUSTRIES INC's share price is greater than that of only 7.7% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to PPG, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are ZBH, STE, COO, CLX, and AXTA.
- PPG's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit PPG INDUSTRIES INC's official web site, go to www.ppg.com.
PPG Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Basic Materials stock, PPG's price/sales ratio is 0% higher, now standing at 1.8.
- PPG's price/earnings ratio has moved up 4.8 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for PPG.
PPG Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 39.81%.
- The 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 22.45%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -49.1%.
The table below shows PPG's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
PPG's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- PPG has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 86.23% of graded US stocks.
- PPG's asset turnover comes in at 0.78 -- ranking 29th of 89 Chemicals stocks.
- TSE, AXTA, and AVNT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with PPG.
The table below shows PPG's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
PPG Industries Inc. (PPG) Company Bio
PPG Industries, Inc. is an American Fortune 500 company and global supplier of paints, coatings, and specialty materials. With headquarters in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, PPG operates in more than 70 countries around the globe. By revenue it is the largest coatings company in the world followed by AkzoNobel. It is headquartered in PPG Place, an office and retail complex in downtown Pittsburgh, and is known for its glass facade designed by Philip Johnson. (Source:Wikipedia)
PPG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
PPG Latest Social Stream
View Full PPG Social Stream
Latest PPG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about PPG INDUSTRIES INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate PPG as an investment opportunity.
In the latest trading session, PPG Industries (PPG) closed at $132.49, marking a -0.98% move from the previous day.
Several other Pittsburgh-region manufacturers have substantial exposure to the auto industry. One of the biggest is PPG (NYSE: PPG), which supplies coatings, adhesives, sealants and metal pretreatments to the automotive industry. The PPG brand is deep inside cars, whether traditional combustion engine or electric vehicles.
With 81% institutional ownership, PPG Industries, Inc. (NYSE:PPG) is a favorite amongst the big guns
Key Insights Given the large stake in the stock by institutions, PPG Industries' stock price might be vulnerable to...
The investment by PPG seeks to address the rising demand for powder coatings from regional producers of electrical equipment, agricultural machinery and transportation.
ClearBridge Investments, an investment management company, released its “ClearBridge Large Cap Value Strategy” second quarter 2023 investor letter. A copy of the same can be downloaded here. The strategy outperformed its Russell 1000 Value Index benchmark in the second quarter. The strategy benefited from nine of the 11 sectors in which it was invested for […]
PPG Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|