PPG Industries Inc. (PPG): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
PPG POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where PPG ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 87.04% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for PPG is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- PPG's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 35.35% of US stocks).
PPG Stock Summary
- PPG has a market capitalization of $29,070,598,935 -- more than approximately 92.48% of US stocks.
- PPG's went public 37.25 years ago, making it older than 93.52% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- The volatility of PPG INDUSTRIES INC's share price is greater than that of just 9.04% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to PPG, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are JHX, ZBH, IAC, CNMD, and COO.
- Visit PPG's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.ppg.com.
PPG Valuation Summary
- PPG's price/sales ratio is 1.7; this is 41.67% higher than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- Over the past 243 months, PPG's price/earnings ratio has gone up 146.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for PPG.
PPG Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 39.81%.
- The 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 22.45%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -49.1%.
The table below shows PPG's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
PPG's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- PPG has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 86.23% of graded US stocks.
- PPG's asset turnover comes in at 0.78 -- ranking 29th of 89 Chemicals stocks.
- TSE, AXTA, and AVNT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with PPG.
The table below shows PPG's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
PPG Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of PPG, see our PPG price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$176.65||Average Broker Recommendation||1.62 (Moderate Buy)|
PPG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
PPG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$123.61||52-week high||$138.10|
|Prev. close||$126.60||52-week low||$107.06|
|Day high||$127.05||Avg. volume||1,466,631|
|50-day MA||$129.37||Dividend yield||1.98%|
|200-day MA||$124.21||Market Cap||29.09B|
PPG Industries Inc. (PPG) Company Bio
PPG Industries, Inc. is an American Fortune 500 company and global supplier of paints, coatings, and specialty materials. With headquarters in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, PPG operates in more than 70 countries around the globe. By revenue it is the largest coatings company in the world followed by AkzoNobel. It is headquartered in PPG Place, an office and retail complex in downtown Pittsburgh, and is known for its glass facade designed by Philip Johnson. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
PPG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
PPG Latest Social Stream
View Full PPG Social Stream
Latest PPG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about PPG INDUSTRIES INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate PPG as an investment opportunity.
PPG Industries Stock Earns IBD Rating Upgrade
PPG Industries shows rising price performance, earning an upgrade to its IBD Relative Strength Rating
The three-year decline in earnings might be taking its toll on PPG Industries (NYSE:PPG) shareholders as stock falls 8.3% over the past week
Investors can buy low cost index fund if they want to receive the average market return. But across the board there are...
PPG and Tasca Racing announce sponsorship for 2023 hot rod season
STRONGSVILLE, Ohio, March 10, 2023--PPG has extended its sponsorship of the Tasca Racing team for the 2023 NATIONAL HOT ROD ASSOCIATION® season.
PPG Industries' (PPG) Marine Coating Saves Power, Cuts Emissions
PPG Industries (PPG) offers a new marine coating PPG Sigmaglide that results in lower power consumption and reduces greenhouse gas emissions.
15 Dividend Zombies and Kings With Longest Dividend Payouts
In this article, we will discuss 15 dividend zombies and dividend kings with the longest dividend payouts. You can skip our detailed analysis of dividend stocks and their performance over the years, and go directly to read 5 Dividend Zombies and Kings With Longest Dividend Payouts. Dividend zombies are companies with century-long dividend payouts, whereas […]
PPG Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching PPGWant to do more research on Ppg Industries Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Ppg Industries Inc (PPG) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Ppg Industries Inc (PPG) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Ppg Industries Inc (PPG) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...