PPG Industries, Inc. (PPG): Price and Financial Metrics
PPG Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $30,915,200,206, Ppg Industries Inc has a greater market value than 93.21% of US stocks.
- Ppg Industries Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 80.84% of US listed stocks.
- Ppg Industries Inc's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.46% of US equities in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to PPG, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are LYB, CHT, SNN, IAC, and SIRI.
- Visit PPG's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.ppg.com.
PPG Stock Price Chart More Charts
PPG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$119.54||52-week high||$134.36|
|Prev. close||$120.15||52-week low||$104.44|
|Day high||$120.44||Avg. volume||1,700,740|
|50-day MA||$127.97||Dividend yield||1.7%|
|200-day MA||$119.99||Market Cap||28.27B|
PPG Industries, Inc. (PPG) Company Bio
PPG Industries manufactures and distributes coatings, specialty materials, and glass products. The company's Performance Coatings segment provides coatings products for automotive and commercial transport/fleet repair and refurbishing; light industrial and specialty coatings for signs; sealants, coatings, maintenance cleaners, and transparencies for commercial, military, regional jet and general aviation aircraft, and transparent armor for specialty applications; and chemical management services. The company was founded in 1883 and is based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
PPG Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Ppg Industries Inc. To summarize, we found that Ppg Industries Inc ranked in the 40st percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Ppg Industries Inc, consider:
- Interest coverage, a measure of earnings relative to interest payments, is 13.32 -- which is good for besting 81.57% of its peer stocks (US stocks in the Basic Materials sector with positive cash flow).
- PPG's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 25.73% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|