PPG Industries, Inc. (PPG): Price and Financial Metrics
PPG Stock Summary
- Ppg Industries Inc's market capitalization of $40,016,249,192 is ahead of 93.53% of US-listed equities.
- Ppg Industries Inc's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.82% of US equities in our set.
- The volatility of Ppg Industries Inc's share price is greater than that of merely 17.62% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Ppg Industries Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be NGVT, JHX, JELD, ZBH, and CHT.
- PPG's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Ppg Industries Inc's official web site, go to www.ppg.com.
PPG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
PPG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$168.90||52-week high||$172.67|
|Prev. close||$168.78||52-week low||$81.43|
|Day high||$170.84||Avg. volume||1,572,329|
|50-day MA||$146.13||Dividend yield||1.28%|
|200-day MA||$134.66||Market Cap||40.02B|
PPG Industries, Inc. (PPG) Company Bio
PPG Industries manufactures and distributes coatings, specialty materials, and glass products. The company's Performance Coatings segment provides coatings products for automotive and commercial transport/fleet repair and refurbishing; light industrial and specialty coatings for signs; sealants, coatings, maintenance cleaners, and transparencies for commercial, military, regional jet and general aviation aircraft, and transparent armor for specialty applications; and chemical management services. The company was founded in 1883 and is based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
PPG Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Ppg Industries Inc. To summarize, we found that Ppg Industries Inc ranked in the 48th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for PPG, they are:
- As a business, PPG is generating more cash flow than 90.25% of positive cash flow stocks in the Basic Materials.
- Ppg Industries Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than just 21.32% of tickers in our DCF set.
- PPG's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than just 21.32% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
PPG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
PPG Latest Social Stream
View Full PPG Social Stream
Latest PPG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Ppg Industries Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate PPG as an investment opportunity.
Our extensive research has shown that imitating the smart money can generate significant returns for retail investors, which is why we track nearly 900 active prominent money managers and analyze their quarterly 13F filings. The stocks that are heavily bought by hedge funds historically outperformed the market, though there is no shortage of high profile […]
Companies In The News Are: KSU, AA, PPG, JBHT
Your Outdoor Oasis Is One Afternoon Project Away: OLYMPIC Stains by PPG Selects Light Oak as Its First-Ever 2021 Stain Color of the Year
With the world sheltering in place for more than a year, homeowners have established their own low-key lifestyle, which includes yard work and gardening, organizing the often-forgotten attic and prioritizing do-it-yourself (DIY) home improvement projects like never before. Homeowners have turned to a wide-range of DIY projects, designing homes that incorporate elements of the great outdoors.
PPG (NYSE: PPG) today announced that it has acquired Cetelon Lackfabrik GmbH, a manufacturer of coatings for automotive and light truck wheel applications. Financial details of the transaction were not disclosed.
Robert W. Baird Stick to Their Buy Rating for PPG Industries
PPG Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching PPGWant to do more research on Ppg Industries Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!