ProAssurance Corporation (PRA): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
PRA POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where PRA ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 75.75% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for PRA is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 163 days.
- PRA ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 6th percentile.
PRA Stock Summary
- Proassurance Corp's stock had its IPO on September 4, 1991, making it an older stock than 82.9% of US equities in our set.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 46.28%, Proassurance Corp's debt growth rate surpasses 84.6% of about US stocks.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Proassurance Corp is reporting a growth rate of -147.53%; that's higher than just 13.67% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Proassurance Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be NPO, SLQT, EZPW, ARGO, and GLRE.
- Visit PRA's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.proassurance.com.
PRA Valuation Summary
- PRA's price/sales ratio is 1.4; this is 56.25% lower than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- Over the past 243 months, PRA's price/earnings ratio has gone down 66.5.
- PRA's price/earnings ratio has moved down 66.5 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for PRA.
PRA Growth Metrics
- The 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -22.99%.
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 25.9%.
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at 22.44%.
The table below shows PRA's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
PRA's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- PRA has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 44.6% of graded US stocks.
- PRA's asset turnover comes in at 0.188 -- ranking 85th of 133 Insurance stocks.
- KMPR, FAF, and HUM are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with PRA.
The table below shows PRA's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
PRA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
PRA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$24.26||52-week high||$29.15|
|Prev. close||$23.74||52-week low||$17.89|
|Day high||$24.34||Avg. volume||138,237|
|50-day MA||$24.36||Dividend yield||0.84%|
|200-day MA||$23.98||Market Cap||1.31B|
ProAssurance Corporation (PRA) Company Bio
ProAssurance Corporation provides property and casualty insurance, and reinsurance products in the United States. The company operates through four segments: Specialty Property and Casualty, Workers' Compensation, Lloyd's Syndicate, and Corporate. The company was founded in 1976 and is based in Birmingham, Alabama.
Most Popular Stories View All
PRA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
PRA Latest Social Stream
View Full PRA Social Stream
Latest PRA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Proassurance Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate PRA as an investment opportunity.
ProAssurance Corporation Announces Dates for Fourth Quarter and Year-End 2021 Results Release and Conference Call
BIRMINGHAM, Ala., January 20, 2022--ProAssurance Corporation Announces Dates for Fourth Quarter and Year-End 2021 Results Release and Conference Call
Trupanion (TRUP) is poised for growth in a total addressable market of $34.1 billion, given a change in the attitude of pet owners, who are increasingly focusing on pets' health and well-being.
Agent-centered business model, improving premium, industry-leading margins, and solid capital position continue to drive Cincinnati Financial (CINF).
New business growth, strong renewal retention and effective capital deployment continue to drive Chubb Limited (CB).
Backed by improved pricing, technology advancements and global expansion, stocks in the property and casualty insurance industry like SIGI, FAF, BRK.B, PRA are likely to gain in 2022.
PRA Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|