ProAssurance Corporation (PRA): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
PRA POWR Grades
- PRA scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 83.11% of US stocks.
- PRA's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving down over the last 206 days.
- PRA's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 25.75% of US stocks).
PRA Stock Summary
- PRA's went public 29.71 years ago, making it older than 83.16% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Over the past twelve months, PRA has reported earnings growth of 88.18%, putting it ahead of 84.04% of US stocks in our set.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, PRA is more volatile than 70.41% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Proassurance Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be TIG, BNED, GCO, AAME, and MOD.
- Visit PRA's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.proassurance.com.
PRA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
PRA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$25.41||52-week high||$29.15|
|Prev. close||$25.05||52-week low||$12.76|
|Day high||$25.63||Avg. volume||249,554|
|50-day MA||$26.68||Dividend yield||0.79%|
|200-day MA||$19.61||Market Cap||1.37B|
ProAssurance Corporation (PRA) Company Bio
ProAssurance Corporation provides property and casualty insurance, and reinsurance products in the United States. The company operates through four segments: Specialty Property and Casualty, Workers' Compensation, Lloyd's Syndicate, and Corporate. The company was founded in 1976 and is based in Birmingham, Alabama.
PRA Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Proassurance Corp with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Proassurance Corp ranked in the 21th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Proassurance Corp ended up being:
- Its compound free cash flow growth rate, as measured over the past 5.56 years, is -0.06% -- higher than merely 17.24% of stocks in our DCF forecasting set.
- Proassurance Corp's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -13. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 6.94% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- The company's cost of debt, derived from its interest coverage, tax rate, and market capitalization, is greater than 83.51% of stocks in its sector (Financial Services).
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
PRA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
PRA Latest Social Stream
View Full PRA Social Stream
Latest PRA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Proassurance Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate PRA as an investment opportunity.
ProAssurance Elects Two Directors to Board Following NORCAL Acquisition
Backed by its balance sheet strength and strategic initiatives, ProAssurance (PRA) holds potential to reap benefits for investors.
ProAssurance (PRA) closes the pending NORCAL acquisition to boost its size and scale in the MPLI space.
Image source: The Motley Fool. ProAssurance Corp (NYSE: PRA)Q1 2021 Earnings CallMay 7, 2021, 8:00 p.m. ETContents: Prepared Remarks Questions and Answers Call Participants Prepared Remarks: OperatorGood morning, everyone.
Third Avenue Management, an investment management firm, published its “Small-Cap Value Fund” fourth quarter 2020 investor letter – a copy of which can be downloaded here. A return of 24.04% was recorded by the fund in the fourth quarter of 2020, below its Russell 2000 Value benchmark that delivered a 33.36% return. You can view […]
PRA Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|