Primerica, Inc. (PRI): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
PRI POWR Grades
- PRI scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 92.9% of US stocks.
- PRI's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- PRI ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 24th percentile.
PRI Stock Summary
- PRI has a higher market value than 77.65% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $6,142,069,378.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 8.43 for PRIMERICA INC; that's greater than it is for 87.68% of US stocks.
- PRIMERICA INC's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 5.77%, greater than the shareholder yield of 77.03% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to PRIMERICA INC, a group of peers worth examining would be UNM, MPB, FMNB, FIBK, and SPNT.
- Visit PRI's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.primerica.com.
PRI Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, PRI's price/earnings ratio is 87.18% higher, now standing at 21.9.
- Over the past 156 months, PRI's price/sales ratio has gone up 1.5.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for PRI.
PRI Growth Metrics
- The 4 year revenue growth rate now stands at 33.33%.
- The 2 year price growth rate now stands at 15.9%.
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 47.01%.
The table below shows PRI's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
PRI's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- PRI has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 59.52% of graded US stocks.
- PRI's asset turnover comes in at 0.164 -- ranking 96th of 133 Insurance stocks.
- UIHC, TRUP, and AJG are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with PRI.
The table below shows PRI's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
PRI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
PRI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$169.55||52-week high||$170.44|
|Prev. close||$166.46||52-week low||$110.22|
|Day high||$170.44||Avg. volume||122,615|
|50-day MA||$148.20||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$133.31||Market Cap||6.26B|
Primerica, Inc. (PRI) Company Bio
Primerica distributes financial products to middle income households in the United States and Canada. The company operates in three segments: Term Life Insurance; Investment and Savings Products; and Corporate and Other Distributed Products. The company was founded in 1977 and is based in Duluth, Georgia.
Most Popular Stories View All
PRI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
PRI Latest Social Stream
View Full PRI Social Stream
Latest PRI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about PRIMERICA INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate PRI as an investment opportunity.
DULUTH, Ga., February 07, 2023--Primerica, Inc. (NYSE:PRI) announced today that the Board of Directors has approved an 18% increase in stockholder dividends to $0.65 per share. The dividend is payable on March 14, 2023, to stockholders of record on February 21, 2023.
Inflation is wreaking havoc on the American middle class and 8 out of 10 say they are spending their savings just to get by
Most American middle-income households are cutting back on savings or reaching into their nest egg to keep up with the rising cost of living.
DULUTH, Ga., February 03, 2023--Primerica, Inc. (NYSE: PRI), a leading provider of financial services in the United States and Canada, released a special report titled, "The Financial Condition of Middle-Income American Families Heading Into 2023."
First Reliance Bancshares Inc. (FSRL) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of -18.18% and 7.13%, respectively, for the quarter ended December 2022. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
DULUTH, Ga., January 31, 2023--Primerica, Inc. (NYSE: PRI), a leading provider of financial services in the United States and Canada, has been named to the 2023 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index (GEI) for the fourth consecutive year.
PRI Price Returns