Prudential Financial Inc. (PRU): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
PRU POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where PRU ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 81.99% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for PRU is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- PRU ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 12th percentile.
PRU Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $45,443,360,000, Prudential Financial Inc has a greater market value than 93.98% of US stocks.
- PRU's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 96.95% of US stocks.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Prudential Financial Inc is reporting a growth rate of -2,165.49%; that's higher than merely 0.87% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Prudential Financial Inc are LFC, PUK, AFL, AIG, and ALL.
- Visit PRU's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.prudential.com.
PRU Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, PRU's price/sales ratio is 50% lower, now standing at 0.6.
- Over the past 240 months, PRU's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 45.5.
- PRU's price/earnings ratio has moved down 34.5 over the prior 240 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for PRU.
PRU Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -62.03%.
- The 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 113.53%.
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at 13.03%.
The table below shows PRU's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
PRU's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- PRU has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 27.46% of graded US stocks.
- PRU's asset turnover comes in at 0.07 -- ranking 116th of 133 Insurance stocks.
- UVE, GL, and FNF are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with PRU.
The table below shows PRU's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
PRU Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
PRU Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$97.41||52-week high||$124.22|
|Prev. close||$92.49||52-week low||$90.25|
|Day high||$97.74||Avg. volume||2,046,954|
|50-day MA||$104.88||Dividend yield||4.93%|
|200-day MA||$109.16||Market Cap||36.53B|
Prudential Financial Inc. (PRU) Company Bio
Prudential Financial, Inc. is an American Fortune Global 500 and Fortune 500 company whose subsidiaries provide insurance, investment management, and other financial products and services to both retail and institutional customers throughout the United States and in over 40 other countries. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
PRU Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
PRU Latest Social Stream
View Full PRU Social Stream
Latest PRU News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Prudential Financial Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate PRU as an investment opportunity.
Income investments are great for volatile times, as investors dump technology stocks and seek steady dividends and capital gains.
While MetLife <
Timber Operators Council Retirement Plan entrusts Prudential to fulfill $245 million in pension promises to 3,000 retirees and deferred participants
NEWARK, N.J., February 23, 2022--Prudential Financial, Inc. (NYSE: PRU) today announced a pension risk transfer transaction, by which Timber Operators Council Retirement Plan ("TOCRP") settled approximately $245 million of its pension plan obligations, for approximately 3,000 retirees, beneficiaries and deferred participants, through the purchase of a group annuity contract from The Prudential Insurance Company of America (PICA). PICA is expected to assume responsibility for paying these benefit
The transaction shows investors still have a lot of confidence in Seattle long term despite the challenges the pandemic has delivered to downtown.
Analysts have provided the following ratings for Prudential Financial (NYSE: PRU ) within the last quarter: Bullish Somewhat Bullish Indifferent Somewhat Bearish Bearish Total Ratings 0 0 6 1 0 Last 30D 0 0 1 0 0 1M Ago 0 0 0 0 0 2M Ago 0 0 4 1 0 3M Ago 0 0 1 0 0 In the last 3 months, 7 analysts have offered 12-month price targets for Prudential Financial. The company has an average price target of $116.86 with a high of $131.00 and a low of $105.00. Below is a summary of how these 7 analysts rated Prudential Financial over the past 3 months. The Full story available on Benzinga.com
PRU Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching PRUWant to see what other sources are saying about Prudential Financial Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Prudential Financial Inc (PRU) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Prudential Financial Inc (PRU) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Prudential Financial Inc (PRU) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch