Public Storage (PSA): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
PSA POWR Grades
- PSA scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 90.79% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for PSA is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 30 weeks.
- PSA ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 16th percentile.
PSA Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $51,301,840,867, Public Storage has a greater market value than 95.04% of US stocks.
- Public Storage's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.73% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of Public Storage's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 5.88% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Public Storage, a group of peers worth examining would be DLR, TT, WM, EMR, and RACE.
- PSA's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Public Storage's official web site, go to www.publicstorage.com.
PSA Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Real Estate stock, PSA's price/sales ratio is 923.53% higher, now standing at 17.4.
- PSA's price/sales ratio has moved up $12.8 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, PSA's price/sales ratio has gone up $12.8.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for PSA.
PSA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
PSA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$292.21||52-week high||$296.11|
|Prev. close||$293.19||52-week low||$183.22|
|Day high||$295.54||Avg. volume||773,382|
|50-day MA||$277.78||Dividend yield||2.74%|
|200-day MA||$241.61||Market Cap||51.13B|
Public Storage (PSA) Company Bio
Public Storage engages in the acquisition, development, ownership, and operation of self-storage facilities in the United States and Europe. The company was founded in 1971 and is based in Glendale, California.
PSA Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Public Storage with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Public Storage ranked in the 22th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Public Storage, consider:
- PSA's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 45.77% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Public Storage's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 0 -- greater than only 0% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
- Relative to other stocks in its sector (Real Estate), Public Storage has a reliance on debt greater than just 4.85% of them.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
PSA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
PSA Latest Social Stream
View Full PSA Social Stream
Latest PSA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Public Storage that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate PSA as an investment opportunity.
Public Storage (PSA) had declared $2.00/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.Payable June 30; for shareholders of record June 15; ex-div June 14.See PSA Dividend Scorecard, Yield Chart, & Dividend Growth....
Public Storage (PSA) is well positioned to outperform the market, as it exhibits above-average growth in financials.
Public Storage (PSA) prices a public offering of 21M depositary shares at $25.00 per depositary share, with each depositary share representing 1/1,000 of a 4.000% Cumulative Preferred Share of Beneficial Interest, Series P.The offering is expected to result in $525M of gross proceeds.Offering to close on or about June 16, 2021.Press...
Public Storage Announces Pricing of 4.000% Cumulative Preferred Shares of Beneficial Interest, Series P
Tom Boyle, Chief Financial Officer of Public Storage (NYSE:PSA, the "Company"), announced that the Company has priced a public offering of 21,000,000 depositary shares at $25.00 per depositary share, with each depositary share representing 1/1,000 of a 4.000% Cumulative Preferred Share of Beneficial Interest, Series P (the "Series P Preferred Shares"). The offering is expected to result in $525 million of gross proceeds (assuming no exercise of the underwriters’ overallotment option) and to clos
One way to deal with stock volatility is to ensure you have a properly diverse portfolio. But the goal is to pick...
PSA Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|