Public Storage (PSA): Price and Financial Metrics
PSA Stock Summary
- PSA has a market capitalization of $42,413,599,871 -- more than approximately 94.24% of US stocks.
- Public Storage's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.84% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of Public Storage's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 6.56% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Public Storage are DLR, CNQ, SLB, PXD, and HLT.
- Visit PSA's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.publicstorage.com.
PSA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
PSA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$243.36||52-week high||$246.52|
|Prev. close||$242.61||52-week low||$155.37|
|Day high||$246.52||Avg. volume||898,254|
|50-day MA||$228.49||Dividend yield||3.3%|
|200-day MA||$214.92||Market Cap||42.54B|
Public Storage (PSA) Company Bio
Public Storage engages in the acquisition, development, ownership, and operation of self-storage facilities in the United States and Europe. The company was founded in 1971 and is based in Glendale, California.
PSA Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Public Storage. To summarize, we found that Public Storage ranked in the 27th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Public Storage ended up being:
- The business' balance sheet suggests that 6% of the company's capital is sourced from debt; this is greater than just 19.28% of the free cash flow producing stocks we're observing.
- PSA's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 41.74% of tickers in our DCF set.
- As a business, Public Storage experienced a tax rate of about 0% over the past twelve months; relative to its sector (Real Estate), this tax rate is higher than just 0% of stocks generating free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
PSA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
PSA Latest Social Stream
View Full PSA Social Stream
Latest PSA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Public Storage that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate PSA as an investment opportunity.
Public Storage (PSA) declares $2.00/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.Forward yield 3.3%Payable March 31; for shareholders of record March 16; ex-div Feb. 15.See PSA Dividend Scorecard, Yield Chart, & Dividend Growth....
Public Storage (NYSE:PSA) announced today operating results for the fourth quarter and year ended December 31, 2020.
The self-storage industry has been growing for quite some time, and the ultra-strong real estate market could help accelerate this trend. In this Fool Live video clip, recorded on Feb. 2, Fool.com contributor Matt Frankel, CFP, responds to a viewer question about the best places to invest in the self storage industry right now.
Concluding 'World Travels' video focuses on seeking good companies
Public Storage (NYSE:PSA) announced today it intends to release its fourth quarter 2020 earnings results on Wednesday, February 24, 2021. A conference call is scheduled for Thursday, February 25, 2021, at 9:00 a.m. (PST) to discuss these results.
PSA Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching PSAWant to see what other sources are saying about Public Storage's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!