Penn Virginia Corporation (PVAC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
PVAC POWR Grades
- PVAC scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 94.59% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for PVAC is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 31 weeks.
- PVAC ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 8th percentile.
PVAC Stock Summary
- PVAC's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 0.3 -- higher than just 2.21% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for PVAC is currently 2.02, higher than merely 6.4% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- Of note is the ratio of Penn Virginia Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 3.82% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Penn Virginia Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be PLOW, AAME, MOD, CPA, and MFGP.
- Visit PVAC's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.pennvirginia.com.
PVAC Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Energy stock, PVAC's price/sales ratio is 18.75% lower, now standing at 1.3.
- PVAC's price/sales ratio has moved NA $NA over the prior 54 months.
- Over the past 54 months, PVAC's price/sales ratio has gone NA $NA.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for PVAC.
PVAC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
PVAC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$24.09||52-week high||$25.59|
|Prev. close||$23.97||52-week low||$6.36|
|Day high||$24.89||Avg. volume||471,974|
|50-day MA||$18.47||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$13.18||Market Cap||913.01M|
Penn Virginia Corporation (PVAC) Company Bio
Penn Virginia Corporation, an independent oil and gas company, engages in the exploration, development, and production of crude oil, natural gas liquids, and natural gas in various onshore regions of the United States. The company primarily operates wells in the Eagle Ford Shale field in South Texas. It also has operations in the Granite Wash in Oklahoma. The company was founded in 1882 and is based in Radnor, Pennsylvania.
PVAC Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Penn Virginia Corp. To summarize, we found that Penn Virginia Corp ranked in the 80th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Penn Virginia Corp, consider:
- Penn Virginia Corp's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -16.24. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 4.96% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- The weighted average cost of capital for the company is 15. This value is greater than 85.8% stocks in the Energy sector that generate free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
PVAC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
PVAC Latest Social Stream
View Full PVAC Social Stream
Latest PVAC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Penn Virginia Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate PVAC as an investment opportunity.
Every investor in Penn Virginia Corporation ( NASDAQ:PVAC ) should be aware of the most powerful shareholder groups...
Should investors be excited or worried when a stock crosses above the 50-Day simple moving average?
Penn Virginia (PVAC) witnessed a jump in share price last session on above-average trading volume. The latest trend in earnings estimate revisions for the stock suggests that there could be more strength down the road.
HOUSTON, May 05, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Penn Virginia Corporation (“Penn Virginia”) (NASDAQ: PVAC) today announced that, subject to market conditions and other factors, its indirect, wholly owned subsidiary Penn Virginia Holdings, LLC intends to offer $350 million aggregate principal amount of senior unsecured notes due 2028 (the “Notes”). Penn Virginia intends to use the proceeds from the offering to fully repay and terminate its second lien term loan, to repay a portion of outstanding borrowings under its reserve based revolving credit facility and to pay related fees and expenses. The Notes will be offered and sold in a private placement to persons reasonably believed to be qualified institutional buyers pursuant to Rule 144A under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the “Secur...
Top Ranked Value Stocks to Buy for April 13th
PVAC Price Returns