PayPal Holdings, Inc. (PYPL): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
PYPL POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where PYPL ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 86.46% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for PYPL is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 31 weeks.
- PYPL ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 14th percentile.
PYPL Stock Summary
- PYPL has a higher market value than 99.63% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $354,744,377,747.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for PYPL is currently 58.08, higher than 92.23% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- PYPL's price/sales ratio is 15.51; that's higher than the P/S ratio of 87.42% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to PayPal Holdings Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be PG, MA, UNH, DIS, and ASML.
- Visit PYPL's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.paypal.com.
PYPL Valuation Summary
- PYPL's EV/EBIT ratio is 63; this is 600% higher than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- Over the past 74 months, PYPL's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 29.3.
- Over the past 74 months, PYPL's price/sales ratio has gone up 9.9.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for PYPL.
PYPL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
PYPL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$273.50||52-week high||$310.16|
|Prev. close||$270.99||52-week low||$171.63|
|Day high||$274.54||Avg. volume||7,936,557|
|50-day MA||$282.85||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$249.53||Market Cap||321.29B|
PayPal Holdings, Inc. (PYPL) Company Bio
PayPal Holdings, Inc. is an American company operating an online payments system in the majority of countries that support online money transfers, and serves as an electronic alternative to traditional paper methods like checks and money orders. The company operates as a payment processor for online vendors, auction sites, and many other commercial users, for which it charges a fee. (Source:Wikipedia)
PYPL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
PYPL Latest Social Stream
View Full PYPL Social Stream
Latest PYPL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about PayPal Holdings Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate PYPL as an investment opportunity.
Despite the boom in ecommerce, many industry players have missed meeting earnings expectations as of late. This is partly due to the difficult comparisons they face from the home-run Q1 many have had, and partly because all booms must cool off eventually. One such company in a related industry, PayPal Holdings, Inc. (PYPL), fell into this unfortunate category. The payment processing platform beat on earnings, but missed on Q3 outlook for both revenue and EPS. (See PayPal stock charts on TipRanks) Detailing this development is Trevor Williams of Jefferies Group, who wrote that although PayPal has forecasted an uneventful Q3, he is not too concerned, and thus remains bullish.
A new form of digital layaway has taken Europe by storm and found some acceptance in the U.S., and the growing handful of rivals in the space are looking to spur more online purchases that Americans pay for over time.
Second-quarter 2021 earnings reports are rolling in -- the first full quarter in which early pandemic results from 2020 are being lapped -- and the numbers look exceptionally good. Top growth stocks didn't just get a one-time bump from COVID-19 and the rapid migration to digital transformation it set off. Many of these companies are still putting up impressive results even as they go up against tough comparable figures from last spring that were boosted from increased consumer and business activity while at home.
Earlier this week, PayPal Holdings (NASDAQ: PYPL) took a hit after releasing its second-quarter earnings report. Revenue came in at $6.24 billion, roughly $30 million short of Wall Street's forecast, and PayPal stock dropped 8% after hours.
In this article, we discuss the 15 best financial stocks to buy now. If you want to skip our detailed analysis of these stocks, go directly to the 5 Best Financial Stocks to Buy Now. On July 29, the United States Department of Commerce released a report detailing that the US economy had surpassed the […]
PYPL Price Returns