Quidel Corporation (QDEL): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
QDEL POWR Grades
- QDEL scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 98.18% of US stocks.
- QDEL's strongest trending metric is Sentiment; it's been moving down over the last 31 weeks.
- QDEL ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 2nd percentile.
QDEL Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 0.65, Quidel Corp is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than just 4.3% of US stocks.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Quidel Corp is reporting a growth rate of 987.22%; that's higher than 97.8% of US stocks.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for Quidel Corp comes in at 231.63%, a number that bests 97.01% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to QDEL, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are SHYF, NTGR, SMED, EBS, and REZI.
- QDEL's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Quidel Corp's official web site, go to www.quidel.com.
QDEL Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Healthcare stock, QDEL's EV/EBIT ratio is 83.15% lower, now standing at 4.5.
- Over the past 243 months, QDEL's price/earnings ratio has gone up 24.4.
- Over the past 243 months, QDEL's price/sales ratio has gone up 1.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for QDEL.
QDEL Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at 652.35%.
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 4468.96%.
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at 171.84%.
The table below shows QDEL's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
QDEL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
QDEL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$138.15||52-week high||$306.72|
|Prev. close||$141.47||52-week low||$103.31|
|Day high||$142.56||Avg. volume||891,312|
|50-day MA||$122.44||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$165.94||Market Cap||5.88B|
Quidel Corporation (QDEL) Company Bio
Quidel Corporation develops, manufactures, and markets diagnostic testing solutions for applications primarily in infectious diseases, womens health, and gastrointestinal diseases. The company was founded in 1979 and is based in San Diego, California.
QDEL Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for QDEL, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Quidel Corp ranked in the 94th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Specifically, our DCF analysis implies the stock is trading below its fair value by an estimated 2685.5%. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Quidel Corp ended up being:
- The company's debt burden, as measured by earnings divided by interest payments, is 132.91; that's higher than 93.19% of US stocks in the Healthcare sector that have positive free cash flow.
- The business' balance sheet suggests that 3% of the company's capital is sourced from debt; this is greater than just 12.72% of the free cash flow producing stocks we're observing.
- QDEL's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 51.72% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
QDEL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
QDEL Latest Social Stream
View Full QDEL Social Stream
Latest QDEL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Quidel Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate QDEL as an investment opportunity.
Quidel (QDEL) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
Quidel (NASDAQ: QDEL) is a testing company that's been experiencing tremendous sales growth over the past year, largely because of the popularity of its COVID-19 tests amid the pandemic. Shares are down 17% year to date (while the S&P 500 is up 18%), and it's possible that Quidel's stock could fall even lower before the year is over. One of the reasons I was bullish on the healthcare stock was the potential for Quidel to play a major role in testing for companies and schools as they open back up.
BREA, Calif., July 26, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Beckman Coulter, a global clinical diagnostics leader, today announced that it has entered into definitive agreements with Quidel Corporation to obtain all rights related to the manufacture, distribution, and sale of a BNP assay for Beckman
Quidel Announces Agreement With Beckman Coulter That Terminates Ongoing Litigation and Transitions BNP Business to Beckman Coulter
SAN DIEGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Quidel Corporation (NASDAQ: QDEL) (Quidel), a provider of rapid diagnostic testing solutions, cellular-based virology assays and molecular diagnostic systems, today announced its entry into agreements with Beckman Coulter resolving the ongoing litigation with Beckman Coulter and providing for the transition of the BNP Business to Beckman Coulter. Under these agreements, Beckman Coulter will pay Quidel cash payments of between $70 million and $75 million per year th
Helicobacter Pylori (H-Pylori) Non-Invasive Testing Market 2021 SWOT Analysis, Competitive Landscape and Significant Growth | Top Brands:Sekisui Diagnostics, Quidel, Abbott Laboratories, Roche, The
This report studies the Helicobacter Pylori (H-Pylori) Non-Invasive Testing Market with many aspects of the industry such as market size, market status, market trends and forecast. The report also provides brief information on competitors and opportunities for specific growth with the key market drivers. Find the comprehensive analysis of the Helicobacter Pylori (H-Pylori) Non-Invasive Testing 
QDEL Price Returns