Ryder System, Inc. (R): Price and Financial Metrics
R Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$107.90||52-week high||$109.09|
|Prev. close||$108.61||52-week low||$76.15|
|Day high||$108.60||Avg. volume||322,674|
|50-day MA||$102.81||Dividend yield||2.62%|
|200-day MA||$92.98||Market Cap||4.78B|
R Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
R POWR Grades
- R scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 88.03% of US stocks.
- R's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- R's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 17.94% of US stocks).
R Stock Summary
- R's went public 37.95 years ago, making it older than 93.02% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- The price/operating cash flow metric for RYDER SYSTEM INC is higher than merely 6.42% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- Of note is the ratio of RYDER SYSTEM INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 99.58% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to RYDER SYSTEM INC, a group of peers worth examining would be RDN, VNCE, NUTX, TXT, and KMX.
- R's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit RYDER SYSTEM INC's official web site, go to www.ryder.com.
R Valuation Summary
- R's price/earnings ratio is 9.7; this is 53.37% lower than that of the median Industrials stock.
- R's price/earnings ratio has moved down 6.5 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for R.
R Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 946.7%.
- The 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 458.99%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at -11.78%.
The table below shows R's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
R's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- R has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 76.1% of graded US stocks.
- R's asset turnover comes in at 0.722 -- ranking 21st of 50 Personal Services stocks.
- UHAL, NAUH, and CRAI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with R.
The table below shows R's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Ryder System, Inc. (R) Company Bio
Ryder System provides commercial fleet management and supply chain solutions to small businesses and large enterprises worldwide. The company operates in two segments: Fleet Management Solutions and Supply Chain Solutions. The Fleet Management Solutions segment provides service leasing, commercial rental, contract maintenance, and contract-related maintenance of trucks, tractors and trailers to customers in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. The Supply Chain Solutions segment provides supply chain solutions, including distribution and transportation services in North America and Asia. The company was founded in 1933 and is based in Miami, Florida.
R Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
R Latest Social Stream
View Full R Social Stream
Latest R News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about RYDER SYSTEM INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate R as an investment opportunity.
Ryder (R) expects full-year adjusted earnings per share between $12.60 and $12.85 (prior view: $12.20 and $12.70).
MIAMI, November 29, 2023--Ryder System, Inc. (NYSE: R), a leader in supply chain, dedicated transportation, and fleet management solutions, announces the company’s annual United Way workplace campaign contributions for 2023 totaled $1.1 million—setting another record in the company’s more than 40-year history supporting United Way. The 2023 donation includes employee pledges and a contribution from the Ryder Charitable Foundation.
The Zacks Industry Rank for the Transportation Equipment & Leasing industry paints a murky picture. Braving the industry headwinds are three stocks, WAB, R and GATX, which investors might consider keeping on their radar.
Ryder System Inc (NYSE:R) recently announced a dividend of $0.71 per share, payable on 2023-12-15, with the ex-dividend date set for 2023-11-17. As investors look forward to this upcoming payment, the spotlight also shines on the company's dividend history, yield, and growth rates. Using the data from GuruFocus, let's look into Ryder System Inc's dividend performance and assess its sustainability.
In a notable insider transaction, Thomas Havens, President, Global Fleet Management Solutions (FMS) at Ryder System Inc, sold 6,240 shares of the company on November 14, 2023.
R Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|