Freightcar America, Inc. (RAIL): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
RAIL POWR Grades
- RAIL scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 54.55% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for RAIL is in Value, which has been heading down over the past 140 days.
- RAIL ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 22nd percentile.
RAIL Stock Summary
- FREIGHTCAR AMERICA INC's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than only 1.12% of US listed stocks.
- RAIL's price/sales ratio is 0.18; that's higher than the P/S ratio of just 5.26% of US stocks.
- RAIL's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of just 1.5% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to RAIL, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are CLMT, DENN, EEX, BOWL, and CAR.
- Visit RAIL's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.freightcaramerica.com.
RAIL Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, RAIL's EV/EBIT ratio is 278.21% lower, now standing at -27.8.
- RAIL's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 15.8 over the prior 218 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for RAIL.
RAIL Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at -68.05%.
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -180.66%.
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at -93.16%.
The table below shows RAIL's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
RAIL's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- RAIL has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 20.26% of graded US stocks.
- RAIL's asset turnover comes in at 0.862 -- ranking 6th of 10 Shipbuilding Railroad Equipment stocks.
- GD, MCFT, and WAB are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with RAIL.
The table below shows RAIL's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
RAIL Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of RAIL, see our RAIL price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$6.25||Average Broker Recommendation||2 (Hold)|
RAIL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
RAIL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$3.12||52-week high||$6.90|
|Prev. close||$3.04||52-week low||$2.90|
|Day high||$3.14||Avg. volume||33,274|
|50-day MA||$3.51||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$3.79||Market Cap||55.23M|
Freightcar America, Inc. (RAIL) Company Bio
FreightCar America designs, manufactures, and sells aluminum-bodied railcars and coal cars that transport various non-liquid commodities and products primarily in North America. The company operates through two segments, Manufacturing and Services. The company was founded in 1901 and is based in Chicago, Illinois.
Most Popular Stories View All
RAIL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
RAIL Latest Social Stream
View Full RAIL Social Stream
Latest RAIL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about FREIGHTCAR AMERICA INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate RAIL as an investment opportunity.
FreightCar America, Inc. Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2022 Results
Fiscal year 2022 revenue up 80%, generating $11.5 million of cash from operations Expects continued momentum and growth in fiscal 2023 Provides revenue, deliveries and Adjusted EBITDA guidance for 2023 CHICAGO, March 27, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- FreightCar America, Inc. (NASDAQ: RAIL) (“FreightCar America” or the “Company”), a diversified manufacturer of railroad freight cars, today reported results for the fourth quarter and full year ended December 31, 2022. Fiscal Year 2022 Highlights Revenue
FreightCar America, Inc. Announces Agreement to Issue Non-Convertible Preferred Stock to Reduce Debt and Provide Growth Capital
Company enhances capital structure Proceeds to eliminate existing term loan debt and delayed draw facility, and provide additional capital to support next phase of growth CHICAGO, March 27, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- FreightCar America, Inc. (Nasdaq: RAIL) (“FreightCar America” or the “Company”), a diversified manufacturer of railroad freight cars, today announced the entry into an agreement to issue new non-convertible preferred stock (the “Preferred”) to its current financial partner. The issuan
FreightCar America, Inc. to Release Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2022 Results on March 27, 2023
CHICAGO, March 10, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- FreightCar America, Inc. (NASDAQ: RAIL), a diversified manufacturer of railroad freight cars, today announced that it will release its fourth quarter and full year 2022 financial results on Monday, March 27, 2023, after the market close. The conference call and live webcast will be held on Tuesday, March 28, 2023 at 11:00 a.m. (Eastern Time), and will be available on the Investor Relations page of the Company’s website at www.freightcaramerica.com. Inv
FreightCar America (NASDAQ:RAIL) Is Looking To Continue Growing Its Returns On Capital
If you're looking for a multi-bagger, there's a few things to keep an eye out for. Ideally, a business will show two...
Investing in FreightCar America (NASDAQ:RAIL) three years ago would have delivered you a 90% gain
It might be of some concern to shareholders to see the FreightCar America, Inc. ( NASDAQ:RAIL ) share price down 17% in...
RAIL Price Returns
Continue Researching RAILWant to see what other sources are saying about FreightCar America Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
FreightCar America Inc (RAIL) Stock Price | Nasdaq
FreightCar America Inc (RAIL) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
FreightCar America Inc (RAIL) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...