Freightcar America, Inc. (RAIL): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
RAIL POWR Grades
- RAIL scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 79.22% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for RAIL is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- RAIL's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 11.43% of US stocks).
RAIL Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for RAIL is -122.61 -- better than merely 0.19% of US stocks.
- RAIL's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of only 0.92% of US stocks.
- As for revenue growth, note that RAIL's revenue has grown 87.23% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of 90.53% of US companies in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to FreightCar America Inc are DMS, BHC, MAS, SEAS, and MKD.
- Visit RAIL's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.freightcaramerica.com.
RAIL Valuation Summary
- RAIL's price/sales ratio is 0.5; this is 84.85% lower than that of the median Industrials stock.
- RAIL's price/earnings ratio has moved up 9.3 over the prior 200 months.
- Over the past 200 months, RAIL's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for RAIL.
RAIL Growth Metrics
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -35.57%.
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at -80.15%.
- The 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -345.28%.
The table below shows RAIL's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
RAIL's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- RAIL has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 20.26% of graded US stocks.
- RAIL's asset turnover comes in at 0.862 -- ranking 6th of 10 Shipbuilding Railroad Equipment stocks.
- GD, MCFT, and WAB are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with RAIL.
The table below shows RAIL's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
RAIL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
RAIL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$4.28||52-week high||$7.69|
|Prev. close||$4.32||52-week low||$3.06|
|Day high||$4.31||Avg. volume||213,869|
|50-day MA||$5.18||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$4.50||Market Cap||70.77M|
Freightcar America, Inc. (RAIL) Company Bio
FreightCar America designs, manufactures, and sells aluminum-bodied railcars and coal cars that transport various non-liquid commodities and products primarily in North America. The company operates through two segments, Manufacturing and Services. The company was founded in 1901 and is based in Chicago, Illinois.
Most Popular Stories View All
RAIL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
RAIL Latest Social Stream
View Full RAIL Social Stream
Latest RAIL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about FreightCar America Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate RAIL as an investment opportunity.
FreightCar America, Inc. ( NASDAQ:RAIL ) is possibly approaching a major achievement in its business, so we would like...
Will host a special call today to discuss strategic direction of the business and highlights from 2021CHICAGO, Feb. 08, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- FreightCar America, Inc. (“FCA” or the “Company”) (NASDAQ: RAIL), a diversified manufacturer of railroad freight cars, today announced that it will host a special update call for investors later today during which management will outline the strategic direction of the business, provide a brief overview of 2021 and preview the Company’s priorities and ou
Company to host conference call on February 8th to provide strategic update and outlook for 2022CHICAGO, Jan. 25, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- FreightCar America, Inc. (Nasdaq: RAIL) today announced several upcoming shareholder events, including: Strategic Update Call: Conference call to provide a strategic update, brief overview of 2021 successes, as well as the go forward strategy and outlook for 2022 on Tuesday, February 8, 2022 at 11:00 a.m. (Eastern Time).Fourth Quarter Earnings Call: Conferenc
Investment company McClarren Financial Advisors, Inc. (Current Portfolio) buys Vanguard Short-Term Inflation-Protected Securities, Vanguard Ultra-Short Bond ETF, Vanguard Short-Term Bond ETF, Nuveen ESG Mid-Cap Growth ETF, Intuit Inc, sells iShares Core 1-5 Year USD Bond ETF, TopBuild Corp, iShares Core S&P Mid-Cap ETF, FreightCar America Inc, Altria Group Inc during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, McClarren Financial Advisors, Inc..
FreightCar America (RAIL) amends its existing financing deal with its current financial partner, providing RAIL with an additional $15M in liquidity in the form of a delayed draw loan
RAIL Price Returns
Continue Researching RAILWant to see what other sources are saying about FreightCar America Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
FreightCar America Inc (RAIL) Stock Price | Nasdaq
FreightCar America Inc (RAIL) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
FreightCar America Inc (RAIL) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch