Freightcar America, Inc. (RAIL): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
RAIL POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where RAIL ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 52.67% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for RAIL is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 178 days.
- RAIL's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 24.74% of US stocks).
RAIL Stock Summary
- FREIGHTCAR AMERICA INC's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than merely 1.07% of US listed stocks.
- RAIL's price/sales ratio is 0.2; that's higher than the P/S ratio of only 5.46% of US stocks.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at -14.76 for FREIGHTCAR AMERICA INC; that's greater than it is for just 1.57% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to FREIGHTCAR AMERICA INC are FUN, TGI, FAT, NCMI, and GTX.
- Visit RAIL's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.freightcaramerica.com.
RAIL Valuation Summary
- RAIL's price/sales ratio is 0.2; this is 90% lower than that of the median Industrials stock.
- RAIL's price/earnings ratio has moved up 7.9 over the prior 215 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for RAIL.
RAIL Growth Metrics
- The 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -36.91%.
- The 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -12524.65%.
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -733.71%.
The table below shows RAIL's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
RAIL's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- RAIL has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 20.26% of graded US stocks.
- RAIL's asset turnover comes in at 0.862 -- ranking 6th of 10 Shipbuilding Railroad Equipment stocks.
- GD, MCFT, and WAB are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with RAIL.
The table below shows RAIL's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
RAIL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
RAIL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$3.77||52-week high||$6.90|
|Prev. close||$3.65||52-week low||$3.06|
|Day high||$3.78||Avg. volume||136,254|
|50-day MA||$3.88||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$4.34||Market Cap||64.93M|
Freightcar America, Inc. (RAIL) Company Bio
FreightCar America designs, manufactures, and sells aluminum-bodied railcars and coal cars that transport various non-liquid commodities and products primarily in North America. The company operates through two segments, Manufacturing and Services. The company was founded in 1901 and is based in Chicago, Illinois.
Most Popular Stories View All
RAIL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
RAIL Latest Social Stream
View Full RAIL Social Stream
Latest RAIL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about FREIGHTCAR AMERICA INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate RAIL as an investment opportunity.
FreightCar America Third Quarter 2022 Earnings: US$0.69 loss per share (vs US$0.036 profit in 3Q 2021)
FreightCar America ( NASDAQ:RAIL ) Third Quarter 2022 Results Key Financial Results Revenue: US$85.7m (up 47% from 3Q...
Third quarter 2022 revenue up 47% year-over-year Company reaffirms revenue and delivery outlook for fiscal year 2022 CHICAGO, Nov. 07, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- FreightCar America, Inc. (NASDAQ: RAIL) or (the “Company”), a diversified manufacturer of railroad freight cars, today reported results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2022. Third Quarter 2022 Highlights Revenues of $85.7 million, up 47.1% year-over-year, with deliveries of 783 railcars, up 55% year-over-yearGross margin of 5.3%
CHICAGO, Oct. 25, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- FreightCar America, Inc. (NASDAQ: RAIL), a diversified manufacturer of railroad freight cars, today announced that it will release its third quarter 2022 financial results on Monday, November 7, 2022, after the market close. The conference call and live webcast will be held on Tuesday, November 8, 2022 at 11:00 a.m. (Eastern Time), and will be available on the Investor Relations page of the Company’s website at www.freightcaramerica.com. Investors, anal
Quite a few insiders invested in FreightCar America, Inc. (NASDAQ:RAIL) last year which is positive news for shareholders
When a single insider purchases stock, it is typically not a major deal. However, when multiple insiders purchase...
FreightCar America, Inc. to Attend 15th Annual Cowen Global Transportation & Sustainable Mobility Conference
CHICAGO, Sept. 06, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- FreightCar America, Inc. (Nasdaq: RAIL), a diversified manufacturer of railroad freight cars, today announced that senior management will participate in the 15th Annual Cowen Global Transportation & Sustainable Mobility Conference on Wednesday and Thursday, September 7-8, 2022. Jim Meyer, President and Chief Executive Officer, and Michael Riordan, Chief Financial Officer, will be virtually participating in a fireside chat from 2:40 PM CT to 3:10 PM CT
RAIL Price Returns
Continue Researching RAILWant to see what other sources are saying about FreightCar America Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
FreightCar America Inc (RAIL) Stock Price | Nasdaq
FreightCar America Inc (RAIL) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
FreightCar America Inc (RAIL) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch