Freightcar America, Inc. (RAIL): Price and Financial Metrics
RAIL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$2.36||52-week high||$3.94|
|Prev. close||$2.36||52-week low||$2.25|
|Day high||$2.36||Avg. volume||31,061|
|50-day MA||$2.53||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$2.86||Market Cap||42.25M|
RAIL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
RAIL Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for RAIL is -8.14 -- better than just 1.98% of US stocks.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.12, FREIGHTCAR AMERICA INC has a higher such ratio than merely 3.09% of stocks in our set.
- RAIL's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of merely 3.47% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to RAIL, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are NATH, PMTS, DIN, CCO, and BRBR.
- RAIL's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit FREIGHTCAR AMERICA INC's official web site, go to www.freightcaramerica.com.
RAIL Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, RAIL's EV/EBIT ratio is 169.97% lower, now standing at -11.3.
- RAIL's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 0.7 over the prior 227 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for RAIL.
RAIL Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at -68.05%.
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -180.66%.
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at -93.16%.
The table below shows RAIL's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
RAIL's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- RAIL has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 20.26% of graded US stocks.
- RAIL's asset turnover comes in at 0.862 -- ranking 6th of 10 Shipbuilding Railroad Equipment stocks.
- GD, MCFT, and WAB are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with RAIL.
The table below shows RAIL's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Freightcar America, Inc. (RAIL) Company Bio
FreightCar America designs, manufactures, and sells aluminum-bodied railcars and coal cars that transport various non-liquid commodities and products primarily in North America. The company operates through two segments, Manufacturing and Services. The company was founded in 1901 and is based in Chicago, Illinois.
RAIL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
RAIL Latest Social Stream
View Full RAIL Social Stream
Latest RAIL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about FREIGHTCAR AMERICA INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate RAIL as an investment opportunity.
If you're looking for a multi-bagger, there's a few things to keep an eye out for. Ideally, a business will show two...
High numbers of migrant crossings in September disrupted freight rail operations, including Trinity Industries’ and FreightCar America’s ability to send new rail cars into the U.S., executives said on recent earnings calls. The post FreightCar America, Trinity Industries take hit from migrant crossings appeared first on FreightWaves.
FreightCar America, Inc. (NASDAQ:RAIL) Q3 2023 Earnings Call Transcript November 7, 2023 Operator: Greetings, and welcome to FreightCar America Third Quarter Earnings Conference Call. [Operator Instructions] As a reminder, this conference is being recorded. It is now my pleasure to introduce your host, Victoria Roseman, Investor Relations. Thank you, Ms. Roseman. You may begin. Victoria […]
Q3 2023 FreightCar America Inc Earnings Call
FreightCar America Inc (RAIL) Reports Q3 2023 Earnings: Gross Margin Expands Despite Revenue Decline
FreightCar America Inc (RAIL) reports a decrease in revenues but a significant increase in gross margin for Q3 2023
RAIL Price Returns
Continue Researching RAILWant to see what other sources are saying about FreightCar America Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
FreightCar America Inc (RAIL) Stock Price | Nasdaq
FreightCar America Inc (RAIL) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
FreightCar America Inc (RAIL) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch