Freightcar America, Inc. (RAIL): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
RAIL POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where RAIL ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 72.47% of US stocks.
- RAIL's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 155 days.
- RAIL ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 3rd percentile.
RAIL Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for RAIL is -19.01 -- better than only 1.04% of US stocks.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 202.5 for FreightCar America Inc; that's greater than it is for 99.81% of US stocks.
- FreightCar America Inc's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is -132.13%, greater than the shareholder yield of merely 2.17% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to FreightCar America Inc are TZOO, XERS, EAT, WINA, and NLOK.
- Visit RAIL's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.freightcaramerica.com.
RAIL Valuation Summary
- RAIL's price/sales ratio is 0.5; this is 84.85% lower than that of the median Industrials stock.
- RAIL's price/earnings ratio has moved up 9.3 over the prior 200 months.
- Over the past 200 months, RAIL's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for RAIL.
RAIL Growth Metrics
- The year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -35.57%.
- The 2 year revenue growth rate now stands at -53.4%.
- The 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -267.79%.
The table below shows RAIL's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
RAIL's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- RAIL has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 20.26% of graded US stocks.
- RAIL's asset turnover comes in at 0.862 -- ranking 6th of 10 Shipbuilding Railroad Equipment stocks.
- GD, MCFT, and WAB are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with RAIL.
The table below shows RAIL's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
RAIL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
RAIL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$3.97||52-week high||$8.63|
|Prev. close||$3.76||52-week low||$2.81|
|Day high||$3.97||Avg. volume||121,620|
|50-day MA||$4.03||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$5.11||Market Cap||63.31M|
Freightcar America, Inc. (RAIL) Company Bio
FreightCar America designs, manufactures, and sells aluminum-bodied railcars and coal cars that transport various non-liquid commodities and products primarily in North America. The company operates through two segments, Manufacturing and Services. The company was founded in 1901 and is based in Chicago, Illinois.
Most Popular Stories View All
RAIL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
RAIL Latest Social Stream
View Full RAIL Social Stream
Latest RAIL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about FreightCar America Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate RAIL as an investment opportunity.
Company arranges backup financing with its financial partner to ensure flexibility for growth and working capital needsCHICAGO, Jan. 06, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- FreightCar America, Inc. (Nasdaq: RAIL) (“FreightCar America” or the “Company”) today announced that it has entered into an amendment to its existing financing agreement with its current financial partner, providing the Company with an additional $15 million in liquidity in the form of a Delayed Draw Loan. The Company has the option to
It’s been an eventful 28 months since I abandoned my short position on Freight Car America (RAIL), and in that time the shares have fallen ~2.5% against a gain of ~60% for the S&P 500. I thought I’d check on the company again to see if it’s worth buying more...
CHICAGO, Dec. 01, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- FreightCar America, Inc. (Nasdaq: RAIL) today announced that senior management will participate in the Stephens Annual Investment Conference on Thursday, December 2, 2021. Jim Meyer, President and Chief Executive Officer, and Terry Rogers, Chief Financial Officer, will be participating in a fireside chat from 1:00 PM CT to 1:45 PM CT, hosted by Stephens Industrials and Energy analyst, Justin Long, and will be conducting one-on-one meetings with investor
Geode Capital Management LLC trimmed its stake in FreightCar America, Inc. (NASDAQ:RAIL) by 4.1% during the second quarter, according to the company in its most recent Form 13F filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission. The fund owned 102,196 shares of the transportation companys stock after selling 4,333 shares during the quarter. Geode Capital Management 
FreightCar America, Inc. ( NASDAQ:RAIL ) shareholders might be concerned after seeing the share price drop 16% in the...
RAIL Price Returns
Continue Researching RAILWant to see what other sources are saying about FreightCar America Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
FreightCar America Inc (RAIL) Stock Price | Nasdaq
FreightCar America Inc (RAIL) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
FreightCar America Inc (RAIL) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch