Royal Caribbean Group (RCL): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
RCL POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where RCL ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 75.92% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for RCL is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- RCL ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 1st percentile.
RCL Stock Summary
- For RCL, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 88.78% of US equities we're observing.
- RCL's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 87.67% of US stocks.
- As for revenue growth, note that RCL's revenue has grown 1,136.04% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of 99.05% of US companies in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to ROYAL CARIBBEAN CRUISES LTD, a group of peers worth examining would be CCL, SNDL, CNX, DCP, and CZR.
- RCL's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit ROYAL CARIBBEAN CRUISES LTD's official web site, go to www.rclinvestor.com.
RCL Valuation Summary
- RCL's price/earnings ratio is -5.1; this is 125.56% lower than that of the median Industrials stock.
- RCL's price/earnings ratio has moved down 19.7 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for RCL.
RCL Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 2834.18%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -49.41%.
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 12.71%.
The table below shows RCL's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
RCL's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- RCL has a Quality Grade of F, ranking ahead of 4.16% of graded US stocks.
- RCL's asset turnover comes in at 0.018 -- ranking 133rd of 137 Transportation stocks.
- LIND, CCL, and UAL are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with RCL.
The table below shows RCL's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
RCL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
RCL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$60.51||52-week high||$90.55|
|Prev. close||$60.91||52-week low||$31.09|
|Day high||$60.85||Avg. volume||5,722,488|
|50-day MA||$51.07||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$55.07||Market Cap||15.44B|
Royal Caribbean Group (RCL) Company Bio
Royal Caribbean Group, formerly known as Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., is a global cruise holding company incorporated in Liberia and based in Miami, Florida, US. It is the world's second-largest cruise line operator, after Carnival Corporation & plc. As of January 2021, Royal Caribbean Group fully owns three cruise lines: Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, and Silversea Cruises. They also hold a 50% stake in TUI Cruises and the now-defunct Pullmantur Cruises and CDF Croisières de France. Previously Royal Caribbean Group also fully owned Azamara Cruises selling the cruise line to Sycamore Partners in January 2021, and 50% of Island Cruises, selling their stake to TUI Travel PLC in October 2008. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
RCL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
RCL Latest Social Stream
View Full RCL Social Stream
Latest RCL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about ROYAL CARIBBEAN CRUISES LTD that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate RCL as an investment opportunity.
Cruise ships offer a mix of family fun and adult access. If you cruise on Royal Caribbean , Carnival Cruise Line , or Norwegian Cruise Line , you get a mix of all-ages activities as well as areas just for kids and teens, and of course, adult-only areas. Aside from the kids/teen-specific spaces, the casino, and to an extent the Solarium pool area, which is 16+, the vast majority of the spaces on a Royal Caribbean cruise ship are all ages.
The cruise line has tested some changes that caused a social media uproar. Now, it's trying something totally new.
As a frequent Royal Caribbean RCL passenger (roughly eight cruises and maybe 42 days on their ships this year), it's fair to say I enjoy the cruise company's namesake brand. At least six of the cruise line's ships (and usually more) sail from Port Canaveral, Fort Lauderdale, and Miami, which are all within two hours of my house. It's an embarrassment of riches that, along with the cruise line's casino rewards program, has created a lot of loyalty.
If a cruise line switched coffee brands, for example, that would anger some people and delight others. One way to minimize that anger is for more than one cruise line to make the same change at the same time. If Carnival Cruise Line and Royal Caribbean simultaneously make a similar change, it gives neither company an advantage.
Covid has wreaked havoc on the cruise industry, and while the situation has improved, it could worsen yet again.
RCL Price Returns
Continue Researching RCLWant to do more research on Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd (RCL) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd (RCL) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd (RCL) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch