Everest Re Group, Ltd. (RE): Price and Financial Metrics
RE Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of Everest Re Group Ltd's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 87.82% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 201.4%, Everest Re Group Ltd's debt growth rate surpasses 93.65% of about US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, RE is more volatile than merely 6.47% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Everest Re Group Ltd, a group of peers worth examining would be CMC, ASIX, MGPI, APAM, and USAP.
- RE's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Everest Re Group Ltd's official web site, go to www.everestre.com.
RE Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
RE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$246.90||52-week high||$255.00|
|Prev. close||$239.68||52-week low||$157.32|
|Day high||$248.45||Avg. volume||245,298|
|50-day MA||$232.91||Dividend yield||2.51%|
|200-day MA||$219.91||Market Cap||9.87B|
Everest Re Group, Ltd. (RE) Company Bio
Everest Re Group Ltd. provides reinsurance to property and casualty insurers in both the U.S. and international markets. The company was founded in 1973 and is based in Hamilton, Bermuda.
RE Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for RE, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Everest Re Group Ltd ranked in the 79th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Specifically, our DCF analysis implies the stock is trading below its fair value by an estimated 320.33%. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Everest Re Group Ltd ended up being:
- The company has produced more trailing twelve month cash flow than 87.86% of its sector Financial Services.
- Everest Re Group Ltd's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than merely 21.25% of tickers in our DCF set.
- RE's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than merely 21.25% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
RE Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
RE Latest Social Stream
View Full RE Social Stream
Latest RE News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Everest Re Group Ltd that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate RE as an investment opportunity.
ProAssurance (NYSE:PRA) and Everest Re Group (NYSE:RE) are both finance companies, but which is the better business? We will compare the two companies based on the strength of their valuation, risk, earnings, dividends, institutional ownership, profitability and analyst recommendations. Volatility and Risk ProAssurance has a beta of 0.26, meaning that its share price is 74% […]
Source: IEdunote Property & Casualty insurance model Insurers (and reinsurers) make money in two ways. The obvious way is through underwriting risk, their core activity. By selling policies, they agree to take on risks that the buyer of the policy wishes to transfer to someone else. For the trouble, policyholder...
Everest Re Group (RE) declares $1.55/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.Forward yield 2.58%Payable March 31; for shareholders of record March 17; ex-div March 16.See RE Dividend Scorecard, Yield Chart, & Dividend Growth....
HAMILTON, Bermuda--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Everest Re Group, Ltd. (“Everest” or the “Company”) announced that its Board of Directors declared a dividend of $1.55 per share payable on or before March 31, 2021 to all shareholders of record as of March 17, 2021. About Everest Re Group, Ltd. Everest Re Group, Ltd. (“Everest”) is a leading global provider of reinsurance and insurance, operating for close to 50 years through subsidiaries in the U.S., Europe, Singapore, Canada, Bermuda and other territories.
Wells Fargo Stick to Their Buy Rating for Everest Re
RE Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching REWant to see what other sources are saying about Everest Re Group Ltd's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!