Everest Re Group, Ltd. (RE): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
RE POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where RE ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 80.18% of US stocks.
- RE's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 177 days.
- RE's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 67.65% of US stocks).
RE Stock Summary
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for RE is currently 2.57, higher than merely 11.68% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- Of note is the ratio of EVEREST RE GROUP LTD's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 86.6% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The volatility of EVEREST RE GROUP LTD's share price is greater than that of just 2.27% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to EVEREST RE GROUP LTD are AWI, VMI, CTLT, TEX, and TRS.
- RE's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit EVEREST RE GROUP LTD's official web site, go to www.everestre.com.
RE Valuation Summary
- RE's price/sales ratio is 0.9; this is 18.18% lower than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- Over the past 243 months, RE's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.5.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for RE.
RE Growth Metrics
- The year over year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 56.99%.
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 87.62%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 16.01%.
The table below shows RE's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
RE's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- RE has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 40.03% of graded US stocks.
- RE's asset turnover comes in at 0.333 -- ranking 49th of 133 Insurance stocks.
- ESNT, AIG, and DGICA are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with RE.
The table below shows RE's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
RE Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
RE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$261.70||52-week high||$308.20|
|Prev. close||$262.44||52-week low||$244.57|
|Day high||$265.32||Avg. volume||259,717|
|50-day MA||$269.29||Dividend yield||0.02%|
|200-day MA||$279.39||Market Cap||10.31B|
Everest Re Group, Ltd. (RE) Company Bio
Everest Re Group Ltd. provides reinsurance to property and casualty insurers in both the U.S. and international markets. The company was founded in 1973 and is based in Hamilton, Bermuda.
Most Popular Stories View All
RE Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
RE Latest Social Stream
View Full RE Social Stream
Latest RE News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about EVEREST RE GROUP LTD that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate RE as an investment opportunity.
Everest Re (RE) witnessed a jump in share price last session on above-average trading volume. The latest trend in earnings estimate revisions for the stock doesn't suggest further strength down the road.
Here at Zacks, our focus is on the proven Zacks Rank system, which emphasizes earnings estimates and estimate revisions to find great stocks. Nevertheless, we are always paying attention to the latest value, growth, and momentum trends to underscore strong picks.
Wondering how to pick strong, market-beating stocks for your investment portfolio? Look no further than the Zacks Style Scores.
Segmental strength, a solid capital position and favorable growth estimates make Everest Re (RE) stock worth adding to one's portfolio.
The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights W. R. Berkley, Unum Group, Arch Capital Group, Everest Re Group and Berkshire Hathaway
W. R. Berkley, Unum Group, Arch Capital Group, Everest Re Group and Berkshire Hathaway are included in this Analyst Blog.
RE Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|