Rex American Resources Corp. (REX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
REX POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where REX ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 90.12% of US stocks.
- REX's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- REX ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 8th percentile.
REX Stock Summary
- REX's went public 37.25 years ago, making it older than 93.52% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of REX AMERICAN RESOURCES CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 87.08% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, REX is more volatile than 94.93% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to REX AMERICAN RESOURCES CORP, a group of peers worth examining would be SNOA, IIIN, FN, MPX, and AIR.
- REX's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit REX AMERICAN RESOURCES CORP's official web site, go to www.rexamerican.com.
REX Valuation Summary
- REX's price/sales ratio is 0.6; this is 47.83% lower than that of the median Energy stock.
- REX's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.3 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for REX.
REX Growth Metrics
- The 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -108.9%.
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -89.78%.
- The year over year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -54.91%.
The table below shows REX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
REX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- REX has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 75.72% of graded US stocks.
- REX's asset turnover comes in at 1.254 -- ranking 6th of 89 Chemicals stocks.
- KRA, EMN, and OLN are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with REX.
The table below shows REX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
REX Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of REX, see our REX price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$100.00||Average Broker Recommendation||1.5 (Moderate Buy)|
REX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
REX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$30.21||52-week high||$36.31|
|Prev. close||$31.30||52-week low||$26.05|
|Day high||$31.57||Avg. volume||97,071|
|50-day MA||$32.20||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$30.56||Market Cap||525.35M|
Rex American Resources Corp. (REX) Company Bio
REX American Resources Corp. is a holding company, which engages in the investment in alternative energy and ethanol production entities. It operates through the following segments: Ethanol and By-products and Refined Coal. The Ethanol and By-products segment refers to the equity investments in three ethanol limited liability companies. The Refined Coal segment includes the equity interest in one refined coal limited liability company. The company was founded in 1984 and is headquartered in Dayton, OH.
Most Popular Stories View All
REX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
REX Latest Social Stream
View Full REX Social Stream
Latest REX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about REX AMERICAN RESOURCES CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate REX as an investment opportunity.
Dayton firm adds former U.S. Rep. to its board
One of Dayton’s few publicly traded companies has enhanced its board of directors. REX American Resources Corp. (NYSE: REX) has added Cheri Bustos to its board as an independent director. This will increase the size of the board to nine members, including six independent members.
REX American Resources Appoints Former Congresswoman Cheri Bustos to Board of Directors
DAYTON, Ohio, February 13, 2023--REX American Resources Corporation (NYSE: REX) ("REX" or "the Company") today announced that Cheri Bustos, 61, has been appointed to its Board of Directors, effective immediately. Bustos will serve as an Independent Director and will increase the size of the Board to nine members, including six independent members.
3 Reasons Why Growth Investors Shouldn't Overlook REX (REX)
REX (REX) could produce exceptional returns because of its solid growth attributes.
Does REX American Resources (NYSE:REX) Deserve A Spot On Your Watchlist?
Investors are often guided by the idea of discovering 'the next big thing', even if that means buying 'story stocks...
12 Best Algae and Biofuel Stocks To Buy
In this article, we will take a look at the 12 best algae and biofuel stocks to buy. To see more such companies, go directly to 5 Best Algae and Biofuel Stocks To Buy. The biofuel industry is one of the biggest beneficiaries of the global green energy revolution. The biofuels industry produces energy from […]
REX Price Returns
Continue Researching REXWant to do more research on REX AMERICAN RESOURCES Corp's stock and its price? Try the links below:
REX AMERICAN RESOURCES Corp (REX) Stock Price | Nasdaq
REX AMERICAN RESOURCES Corp (REX) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
REX AMERICAN RESOURCES Corp (REX) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...