Rex American Resources Corp. (REX): Price and Financial Metrics
REX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$40.72||52-week high||$41.63|
|Prev. close||$40.71||52-week low||$26.05|
|Day high||$41.08||Avg. volume||83,945|
|50-day MA||$38.25||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$33.20||Market Cap||712.76M|
REX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
REX POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where REX ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 76.39% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for REX is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- REX's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 40.72% of US stocks).
REX Stock Summary
- REX AMERICAN RESOURCES CORP's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.16% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of REX AMERICAN RESOURCES CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 87.23% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- REX's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of only 16.34% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to REX AMERICAN RESOURCES CORP, a group of peers worth examining would be BEEM, ESP, VC, SGA, and PPSI.
- REX's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit REX AMERICAN RESOURCES CORP's official web site, go to www.rexamerican.com.
REX Valuation Summary
- REX's price/sales ratio is 0.8; this is 55.56% lower than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- REX's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.4 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for REX.
REX Growth Metrics
- The 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -108.9%.
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -89.78%.
- The year over year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -54.91%.
The table below shows REX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
REX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- REX has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 75.72% of graded US stocks.
- REX's asset turnover comes in at 1.254 -- ranking 6th of 89 Chemicals stocks.
- KRA, EMN, and OLN are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with REX.
The table below shows REX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Rex American Resources Corp. (REX) Company Bio
REX American Resources Corp. is a holding company, which engages in the investment in alternative energy and ethanol production entities. It operates through the following segments: Ethanol and By-products and Refined Coal. The Ethanol and By-products segment refers to the equity investments in three ethanol limited liability companies. The Refined Coal segment includes the equity interest in one refined coal limited liability company. The company was founded in 1984 and is headquartered in Dayton, OH.
REX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
REX Latest Social Stream
View Full REX Social Stream
Latest REX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about REX AMERICAN RESOURCES CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate REX as an investment opportunity.
Rising earnings estimates are an indication that these stocks could outperform the broader market in the near future, especially when interest rate fears subside.
Rising earnings estimates are an indication that these highly ranked Zacks stocks should outperform the broader market in the near future, especially when interest rate fears subside.
If we want to find a stock that could multiply over the long term, what are the underlying trends we should look for...
REX (REX) could be a great choice for investors looking to make a profit from fundamentally strong stocks that are currently on the move. It is one of the several stocks that made it through our "Recent Price Strength" screen.
Q2 2023 REX American Resources Corp Earnings Call
REX Price Returns
Continue Researching REXWant to do more research on REX AMERICAN RESOURCES Corp's stock and its price? Try the links below:
REX AMERICAN RESOURCES Corp (REX) Stock Price | Nasdaq
REX AMERICAN RESOURCES Corp (REX) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
REX AMERICAN RESOURCES Corp (REX) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch