Transocean Ltd. (RIG): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
RIG POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where RIG ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 66.84% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for RIG is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 31 weeks.
- RIG ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 0th percentile.
RIG Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of Transocean Ltd's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 5.45% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, RIG is more volatile than 88.1% of stocks we're observing.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for RIG comes in at 38.8% -- higher than that of 94.01% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Transocean Ltd are BVN, NFH, SMHI, LPG, and EGLE.
- Visit RIG's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.deepwater.com.
RIG Valuation Summary
- RIG's price/sales ratio is 0.8; this is 46.67% lower than that of the median Energy stock.
- RIG's price/sales ratio has moved down 7 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, RIG's price/sales ratio has gone down 7.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for RIG.
RIG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
RIG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$3.61||52-week high||$5.13|
|Prev. close||$3.61||52-week low||$0.65|
|Day high||$3.79||Avg. volume||26,289,131|
|50-day MA||$4.08||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$3.12||Market Cap||2.23B|
Transocean Ltd. (RIG) Company Bio
Transocean Ltd. is a provider of offshore contract drilling services for oil and gas wells. The company focuses on deepwater and harsh environment drilling services. The company was founded in 1953 and is based in Vernier, Switzerland.
RIG Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Transocean Ltd. To summarize, we found that Transocean Ltd ranked in the 11th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 91.5%. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Transocean Ltd ended up being:
- The company's compound free cash flow growth rate over the past 5.75 years comes in at -0.28%; that's greater than just 5.31% of US stocks we're applying DCF forecasting to.
- 24% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than just 3.97% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- Relative to other stocks in its sector (Energy), Transocean Ltd has a reliance on debt greater than 90.37% of them.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
RIG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
RIG Latest Social Stream
View Full RIG Social Stream
Latest RIG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Transocean Ltd that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate RIG as an investment opportunity.
Here are some fundamentally strong oil stocks to buy as global economic growth accelerates and oil demand picks up.
STEINHAUSEN, Switzerland, July 28, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Transocean Ltd. (NYSE: RIG) announced today it was awarded two contracts which, in aggregate, contribute approximately $55.5 million in backlog. The Deepwater Conqueror was awarded a one-well contract with a major operator in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico. The value of this contract adds approximately 85 days and $28.5 million in backlog. Additionally, the Deepwater Asgard was awarded a one-well contract with another operator in the U.S. Gulf
Transocean Ltd. (RIG) beat the Zacks Consensus Estimate in two of the last four quarters and missed in the others, delivering an earnings surprise of 1.01%, on average.
STEINHAUSEN, Switzerland , July 23, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Transocean Ltd. (NYSE: RIG) announced today that it will report earnings for the second quarter of 2021 after markets close on Monday, August 2, 2021 . The company will conduct a teleconference to discuss the results starting at 9 a.m.
Global Deepwater Hydrocarbons Exploration Market 2021 Future Set to Massive Growth with High CAGR value | Market Players: Halliburton, Diamond Offshore, TransOcean, Geoservices, Schlumberger, Oceaneering International, PetroBras, Brazilian Petroleum Corporation, Trico Marine Services
The report on Global Deepwater Hydrocarbons Exploration Market has been provided by researchers for a detailed understanding of market performance over an estimated period of time set from 2021 to 2026. However, this report has introduced a brief overview to provide the reader with better information on this report. This brief description contains a basic 
RIG Price Returns