Transocean Ltd. (RIG): Price and Financial Metrics
RIG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$6.24||52-week high||$8.88|
|Prev. close||$6.37||52-week low||$3.65|
|Day high||$6.37||Avg. volume||17,708,217|
|50-day MA||$7.02||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$7.02||Market Cap||5.05B|
RIG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
RIG POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where RIG ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 83.46% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for RIG is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- RIG's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 0.47% of US stocks).
RIG Stock Summary
- RIG's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 0.15 -- higher than just 2.17% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- Of note is the ratio of TRANSOCEAN LTD's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 5.54% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, TRANSOCEAN LTD is reporting a growth rate of -3,000%; that's higher than just 0.61% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to TRANSOCEAN LTD are VST, TNP, AG, EBR, and HNRG.
- RIG's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit TRANSOCEAN LTD's official web site, go to www.deepwater.com.
RIG Valuation Summary
- RIG's price/sales ratio is 2; this is 25% higher than that of the median Energy stock.
- RIG's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.6 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for RIG.
RIG Growth Metrics
- The 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -50.34%.
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -338.06%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at -88.1%.
The table below shows RIG's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
RIG's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- RIG has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 58.76% of graded US stocks.
- RIG's asset turnover comes in at 0.123 -- ranking 126th of 137 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- CLR, BCEI, and TREC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with RIG.
The table below shows RIG's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Transocean Ltd. (RIG) Company Bio
Transocean Ltd. is a provider of offshore contract drilling services for oil and gas wells. The company focuses on deepwater and harsh environment drilling services. The company was founded in 1953 and is based in Vernier, Switzerland.
RIG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
RIG Latest Social Stream
View Full RIG Social Stream
Latest RIG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about TRANSOCEAN LTD that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate RIG as an investment opportunity.
Transocean (RIG) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
Three great stocks that exemplify these particular lessons are Ferrari (NYSE: RACE), with its 64% gain over the past year, Transocean (NYSE: RIG) and its 49% jump, and General Electric's (NYSE: GE) 72% rise. One of the top-performing auto companies in the world over the past year is Ferrari, and it's not because the company is transitioning to electric vehicles (EVs) or adding products in new markets. You can see below that Ferrari's operating margin is second to none in the auto industry and they're not declining like some competitors.
In this article, we will take a look at the 12 best high beta stocks to buy now. To skip our analysis of the recent market trends and market activity, you can go directly to see the 5 Best High Beta Stocks to Buy Now. Understanding the concept of beta is important before walking into […]
Despite another quarter of losses, Transocean argues it is still poised for a strong 2024.
Transocean Ltd. (NYSE:RIG) Q3 2023 Earnings Call Transcript October 31, 2023 Operator: Good day everyone and welcome to today’s Q3 2023 Transocean’s Earnings Call. [Operator Instructions] Please note this call maybe recorded. It is now my pleasure to turn today’s program over to Alison Johnson, Director of Investor Relations. Please go ahead. Alison Johnson: Thank […]
RIG Price Returns