RLI Corp. (RLI): Price and Financial Metrics
RLI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$135.89||52-week high||$149.65|
|Prev. close||$138.05||52-week low||$101.18|
|Day high||$138.89||Avg. volume||233,253|
|50-day MA||$134.74||Dividend yield||0.79%|
|200-day MA||$133.36||Market Cap||6.20B|
RLI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
RLI POWR Grades
- RLI scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 94.53% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for RLI is in Sentiment, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- RLI ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 18th percentile.
RLI Stock Summary
- Over the past twelve months, RLI has reported earnings growth of 321.8%, putting it ahead of 95.58% of US stocks in our set.
- As for revenue growth, note that RLI's revenue has grown 83.52% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of 93.66% of US companies in our set.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, RLI is more volatile than merely 0.43% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to RLI, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are SIM, COKE, IPAR, DAVA, and ORI.
- RLI's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit RLI CORP's official web site, go to www.rlicorp.com.
RLI Valuation Summary
- RLI's price/earnings ratio is 8.7; this is 8.42% lower than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- RLI's price/sales ratio has moved up 1.3 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for RLI.
RLI Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 29.09%.
- The year over year price growth rate now stands at 3.25%.
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at 48.5%.
The table below shows RLI's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
RLI's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- RLI has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 58.13% of graded US stocks.
- RLI's asset turnover comes in at 0.279 -- ranking 63rd of 133 Insurance stocks.
- UNM, MDWT, and GNW are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with RLI.
The table below shows RLI's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
RLI Corp. (RLI) Company Bio
RLI Corporation underwrites property and casualty insurance primarily in the United States. Its Casualty segment provides commercial and personal umbrella coverage products; and general liability products consisting of coverage for third party liability of commercial insureds, including manufacturers, contractors, apartments, real estate investment trusts, and mercantile. The company was founded in 1965 and is based in Peoria, Illinois.
RLI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
RLI Latest Social Stream
View Full RLI Social Stream
Latest RLI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about RLI CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate RLI as an investment opportunity.
RLI is poised to grow on the back of product diversification, better opportunities in inland marine space, rate increases, higher premium receipts and effective capital deployment.
RLI Corp. ( NYSE:RLI ) stock is about to trade ex-dividend in 4 days. The ex-dividend date is usually set to be one...
Catastrophe losses from Hawaiian wildfires are likely to be reflected in RLI's third-quarter results.
Property and casualty insurer RLI Corp said on Wednesday it expects to record pretax net catastrophe losses of between $65 million and $75 million from Hawaiian wildfires in the third quarter of 2023. Wildfires earlier this month on Hawaii's Maui, killed hundreds of people, forced tens of thousands of residents and tourists to evacuate the island and devastated the historic resort city of Lahaina. The fires became the deadliest natural disaster in the state's history, surpassing that of a tsunami that killed 61 people on the Big Island of Hawaii in 1960, a year after Hawaii joined the United States.
PEORIA, Ill., August 23, 2023--RLI Corp. has announced an estimated range of pretax net catastrophe losses from Hawaiian wildfires.
RLI Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|