Redwood Trust, Inc. (RWT): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
RWT POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where RWT ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 71.84% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for RWT is in Value, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- RWT's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 1.33% of US stocks).
RWT Stock Summary
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for REDWOOD TRUST INC is higher than it is for about 98.68% of US stocks.
- As for revenue growth, note that RWT's revenue has grown -59.91% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of only 2.88% of US companies in our set.
- REDWOOD TRUST INC's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is -430.04%, greater than the shareholder yield of only 1.23% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to RWT, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are DX, ABR, WHF, LFT, and CHMI.
- Visit RWT's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.redwoodtrust.com.
RWT Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Real Estate stock, RWT's price/earnings ratio is 46.01% lower, now standing at 13.2.
- Over the past 243 months, RWT's price/sales ratio has gone down 4.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for RWT.
RWT Growth Metrics
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -7.47%.
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -663.9%.
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 130.56%.
The table below shows RWT's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
RWT's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- RWT has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 71.07% of graded US stocks.
- RWT's asset turnover comes in at 0.054 -- ranking 298th of 444 Trading stocks.
- MFA, TWO, and WMC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with RWT.
The table below shows RWT's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
RWT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
RWT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$5.74||52-week high||$14.17|
|Prev. close||$5.69||52-week low||$5.60|
|Day high||$5.90||Avg. volume||1,614,320|
|50-day MA||$7.66||Dividend yield||16.03%|
|200-day MA||$9.64||Market Cap||690.36M|
Redwood Trust, Inc. (RWT) Company Bio
Redwood Trust Inc. focuses on investing in mortgage-and other real estate-related assets, and engaging in residential and commercial mortgage banking activities in the United States. The company operates through three segments: Residential Mortgage Banking, Residential Investments, and Commercial Mortgage Banking and Investments. The company was founded in 1994 and is based in Mill Valley, California.
Most Popular Stories View All
RWT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
RWT Latest Social Stream
View Full RWT Social Stream
Latest RWT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about REDWOOD TRUST INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate RWT as an investment opportunity.
Redwood Trust Names New Chief Investment Officer and Announces Transition of CoreVest Leadership Team
MILL VALLEY, Calif., September 26, 2022--Redwood Trust Names New Chief Investment Officer and Announces Transition of CoreVest Leadership Team
MILL VALLEY, Calif., September 13, 2022--Redwood Trust, Inc. (NYSE: RWT; "Redwood" or the "Company"), a leader in expanding access to housing for homebuyers and renters, today announced that its Board of Directors authorized the declaration of a third quarter 2022 regular common stock dividend of $0.23 per share. This marks the Company's 93rd consecutive quarterly dividend. The third quarter 2022 dividend is payable on September 30, 2022 to stockholders of record on September 23, 2022.
ClearBridge Investments, an investment management company, published its “ClearBridge Small Cap Value Strategy” second quarter 2022 investor letter. A copy of the same can be downloaded here. In the second quarter, the strategy outperformed the Russell 2000 Value Index benchmark. Consumer staples and utility sectors contributed positively to the fund’s performance while the financials and industrial […]
Redwood Residential Acquisition Corporation -- Moody's affirms Redwood Residential Acquisition Corporation as an aggregator of prime jumbo and of expanded credit residential mortgage loans
Assessment Announcement: Moody's affirms Redwood Residential Acquisition Corporation as an aggregator of prime jumbo and of expanded credit residential mortgage loansGlobal Credit Research - 22 Aug 2022New York, August 22, 2022 -- Moody's Investors Service (Moody's) has affirmed Redwood Residential Acquisition Corporation's ("Redwood" or the "company") prime jumbo residential mortgage aggregator assessment as Above Average and expanded credit residential mortgage aggregator assessment as Average.Redwood Residential Acquisition Corporation is a wholly owned subsidiary of Redwood Trust, Inc. ("RWT"), a publicly held real estate investment trust (REIT) (NYSE: RWT) established in 1994. Redwood acquires residential mortgage loans from third-party originators for the purpose of whole loan sa...
Markets fell into bear territory through the first half of the year – but we saw a summer rebound in July that has stabilized this month. Both the S&P 500 and the NASDAQ indexes have climbed back out of their bear markets, and investor sentiment, at least for now, is positive. However, at least some of the market experts are taking a much more guarded view of current conditions. Looking into the history of market downturns, Bank of America strategists see indicators that we haven’t hit bottom yet. The team writes, “Households bought $5.
RWT Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|