Redwood Trust, Inc. (RWT): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
RWT POWR Grades
- RWT scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 67.84% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for RWT is in Value, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- RWT's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 5.66% of US stocks).
RWT Stock Summary
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for REDWOOD TRUST INC is higher than it is for about 98.75% of US stocks.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for REDWOOD TRUST INC comes in at -82.46%, a number that bests just 1.69% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for RWT comes in at -157.62% -- higher than that of merely 3.34% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to REDWOOD TRUST INC, a group of peers worth examining would be DX, ACRE, ARI, TWO, and ABR.
- RWT's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit REDWOOD TRUST INC's official web site, go to www.redwoodtrust.com.
RWT Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Real Estate stock, RWT's price/earnings ratio is 153.09% lower, now standing at -12.9.
- RWT's price/sales ratio has moved up 3 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for RWT.
RWT Growth Metrics
- The 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 124.1%.
- The 5 year price growth rate now stands at -78.16%.
- The 3 year price growth rate now stands at -38.41%.
The table below shows RWT's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
RWT's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- RWT has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 71.07% of graded US stocks.
- RWT's asset turnover comes in at 0.054 -- ranking 298th of 444 Trading stocks.
- MFA, TWO, and WMC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with RWT.
The table below shows RWT's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
RWT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
RWT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$8.31||52-week high||$12.23|
|Prev. close||$8.60||52-week low||$5.51|
|Day high||$8.55||Avg. volume||996,565|
|50-day MA||$7.55||Dividend yield||10.7%|
|200-day MA||$7.82||Market Cap||941.94M|
Redwood Trust, Inc. (RWT) Company Bio
Redwood Trust Inc. focuses on investing in mortgage-and other real estate-related assets, and engaging in residential and commercial mortgage banking activities in the United States. The company operates through three segments: Residential Mortgage Banking, Residential Investments, and Commercial Mortgage Banking and Investments. The company was founded in 1994 and is based in Mill Valley, California.
Most Popular Stories View All
RWT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
RWT Latest Social Stream
View Full RWT Social Stream
Latest RWT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about REDWOOD TRUST INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate RWT as an investment opportunity.
MILL VALLEY, Calif., January 26, 2023--Redwood Trust, Inc. (NYSE: RWT; "Redwood" or the "Company"), a leader in expanding access to housing for homebuyers and renters, is scheduled to release its fourth quarter 2022 results on February 9, 2023 after the close of the market. Redwood's senior management team plans to hold a conference call to discuss its fourth quarter 2022 financial results later that same day at 2:00 pm Pacific Time/ 5:00 pm Eastern Time.
MILL VALLEY, Calif., January 26, 2023--Redwood Trust, Inc. (NYSE: RWT, "Redwood" or the "Company"), a leader in expanding access to housing for homebuyers and renters, today announced tax information regarding its dividend distributions for 2022.
MILL VALLEY, Calif., January 11, 2023--REDWOOD TRUST ANNOUNCES PRICING OF PUBLIC OFFERING OF PREFERRED STOCK
Mortgage originators saw volumes collapse as rising rates removed the incentive for borrowers to refinance their homes. It also caused mortgage-backed securities to get sold off as bond fund managers sell their most liquid securities to meet redemption obligations. This caused mortgages to underperform Treasuries and mortgage real estate investment trust (mREIT) stocks to underperform the stock market.
MILL VALLEY, Calif., December 08, 2022--REDWOOD TRUST ANNOUNCES DIVIDEND OF $0.23 PER SHARE FOR THE FOURTH QUARTER OF 2022
RWT Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|