Saia, Inc. (SAIA): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SAIA POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where SAIA ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 84.93% of US stocks.
- SAIA's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- SAIA's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 32.08% of US stocks).
SAIA Stock Summary
- SAIA's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 201.64 -- higher than 84.98% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- For SAIA, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by just 16.38% of US equities we're observing.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -50.04%, Saia Inc's debt growth rate surpasses merely 8.21% of about US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Saia Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be SEIC, KFY, LHCG, LEJU, and BMI.
- SAIA's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Saia Inc's official web site, go to www.saia.com.
SAIA Valuation Summary
- SAIA's price/sales ratio is 2.9; this is 61.11% higher than that of the median Industrials stock.
- Over the past 230 months, SAIA's price/earnings ratio has gone down 217.6.
- SAIA's price/sales ratio has moved up 2.6 over the prior 230 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SAIA.
SAIA Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 25.32%.
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 136.53%.
- The 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 109.05%.
The table below shows SAIA's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SAIA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SAIA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$226.00||52-week high||$249.30|
|Prev. close||$221.68||52-week low||$116.14|
|Day high||$227.08||Avg. volume||198,473|
|50-day MA||$211.08||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$201.57||Market Cap||5.95B|
Saia, Inc. (SAIA) Company Bio
Saia, Inc. operates as a transportation company in the United States. It provides regional and interregional less-than-truckload, truckload, guaranteed, expedited, and logistics services. The company was founded in 2000 and is based in Johns Creek, Georgia.
SAIA Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Saia Inc. To summarize, we found that Saia Inc ranked in the 45th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Saia Inc ended up being:
- Interest coverage, a measure of earnings relative to interest payments, is 41.51; that's higher than 90.54% of US stocks in the Industrials sector that have positive free cash flow.
- The business' balance sheet reveals debt to be 3% of the company's capital (with equity being the remaining amount). Approximately just 12.9% of US stocks with free cash flow have a lower reliance on debt in their capital structure.
- SAIA's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 51.58% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
SAIA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SAIA Latest Social Stream
View Full SAIA Social Stream
Latest SAIA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Saia Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SAIA as an investment opportunity.
SAIA earnings call for the period ending June 30, 2021.
JOHNS CREEK, Ga., July 29, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Saia, Inc. (Nasdaq: SAIA), a leading transportation provider offering national less-than-truckload (LTL), non-asset truckload, expedited and logistics services, today reported second quarter 2021 financial results. Diluted earnings per share in the quarter were $2.34 compared to $1.07 in the second quarter of 2020.
Saia (SAIA) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 17.00% and 3.99%, respectively, for the quarter ended June 2021. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
No summary available.
ARCB vs. SAIA: Which Stock Is the Better Value Option?
SAIA Price Returns