Saia, Inc. (SAIA): Price and Financial Metrics
SAIA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$391.50||52-week high||$443.85|
|Prev. close||$390.37||52-week low||$204.02|
|Day high||$399.99||Avg. volume||403,665|
|50-day MA||$397.06||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$349.98||Market Cap||10.39B|
SAIA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SAIA POWR Grades
- SAIA scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 86.71% of US stocks.
- SAIA's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 177 days.
- SAIA ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 7th percentile.
SAIA Stock Summary
- SAIA has a market capitalization of $11,061,728,910 -- more than approximately 84.54% of US stocks.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for SAIA INC is higher than it is for about only 14.85% of US stocks.
- SAIA's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of merely 19.78% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to SAIA, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are MMS, VMI, BWA, LPX, and NRC.
- SAIA's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit SAIA INC's official web site, go to www.saia.com.
SAIA Valuation Summary
- SAIA's price/sales ratio is 3.7; this is 208.33% higher than that of the median Industrials stock.
- SAIA's price/earnings ratio has moved up 11.7 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SAIA.
SAIA Growth Metrics
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 165.35%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 201.27%.
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at 46.32%.
The table below shows SAIA's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SAIA's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SAIA has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 75.75% of graded US stocks.
- SAIA's asset turnover comes in at 1.303 -- ranking 22nd of 137 Transportation stocks.
- ODFL, ARCB, and PATI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SAIA.
The table below shows SAIA's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Saia, Inc. (SAIA) Company Bio
Saia, Inc. operates as a transportation company in the United States. It provides regional and interregional less-than-truckload, truckload, guaranteed, expedited, and logistics services. The company was founded in 2000 and is based in Johns Creek, Georgia.
SAIA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SAIA Latest Social Stream
View Full SAIA Social Stream
Latest SAIA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SAIA INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SAIA as an investment opportunity.
JOHNS CREEK, Ga., Dec. 05, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Saia, Inc. (Nasdaq: SAIA), a leading transportation provider offering national less-than-truckload (LTL), non-asset truckload, expedited and logistics services, announced today that it is the winning bidder for 17 terminals of Yellow Corporation (“Yellow”) auctioned in connection with Yellow’s pending Chapter 11 bankruptcy. Saia has agreed to pay a total of $235.7 million for Yellow terminals located in the following markets: Fresno, California
Saia’s fourth-quarter update shows it is retaining the freight it onboarded as a result of Yellow’s collapse. The post Saia holds on to Yellow’s freight appeared first on FreightWaves.
JOHNS CREEK, Ga., Dec. 04, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Saia, Inc. (Nasdaq: SAIA), a leading transportation provider offering national less-than-truckload (LTL), non-asset truckload, expedited and logistics services, is providing LTL shipment and tonnage data for the first two months of the fourth quarter. In October 2023, LTL shipments per workday increased 18.0%, LTL tonnage per workday increased 7.8% and LTL weight per shipment declined 8.6% to 1,321 pounds. In November 2023, LTL shipments per wo
Artisan Partners, an investment management company, released its “Artisan Small Cap Fund” third quarter 2023 investor letter. A copy of the same can be downloaded here. In the third quarter, its Investor Class fund ARTSX returned -7.98%, Advisor Class fund APDSX posted a return of -7.96%, and Institutional Class fund APHSX returned -7.97%, compared to a […]
Buying shares in the best businesses can build meaningful wealth for you and your family. While the best companies are...
SAIA Price Returns