Saia, Inc. (SAIA): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SAIA POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where SAIA ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 82.93% of US stocks.
- SAIA's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 198 days.
- SAIA ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 32nd percentile.
SAIA Stock Summary
- SAIA's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 234.55 -- higher than 84.82% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- For SAIA, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by only 15.67% of US equities we're observing.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -50.04%, Saia Inc's debt growth rate surpasses just 7.34% of about US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to SAIA, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are EHC, LEJU, RBA, TNC, and NSIT.
- SAIA's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Saia Inc's official web site, go to www.saia.com.
SAIA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SAIA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$238.11||52-week high||$247.60|
|Prev. close||$235.89||52-week low||$89.11|
|Day high||$240.93||Avg. volume||195,793|
|50-day MA||$226.87||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$175.99||Market Cap||6.27B|
Saia, Inc. (SAIA) Company Bio
Saia, Inc. operates as a transportation company in the United States. It provides regional and interregional less-than-truckload, truckload, guaranteed, expedited, and logistics services. The company was founded in 2000 and is based in Johns Creek, Georgia.
SAIA Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Saia Inc. To summarize, we found that Saia Inc ranked in the 45th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for SAIA, they are:
- Interest coverage, a measure of earnings relative to interest payments, is 41.51 -- which is good for besting 90.65% of its peer stocks (US stocks in the Industrials sector with positive cash flow).
- The business' balance sheet suggests that 3% of the company's capital is sourced from debt; this is greater than just 13.6% of the free cash flow producing stocks we're observing.
- SAIA's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 47.92% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
SAIA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SAIA Latest Social Stream
View Full SAIA Social Stream
Latest SAIA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Saia Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SAIA as an investment opportunity.
Raymond James Stick to Their Buy Rating for Saia Inc
JOHNS CREEK, Ga., April 08, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Saia, Inc. (NASDAQ: SAIA), a leading transportation provider offering multi-regional less-than-truckload (LTL), non-asset truckload, expedited and logistics services, announced that it will release its quarterly financial results before the market opens on Wednesday, April 28. Saia management will host a conference call to discuss the results later that morning at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time. To participate in the call, please dial 800-353-6461 or 334-323-0501 referencing conference ID #2579097. Callers should dial in five to ten minutes in advance of the conference call. This call will be webcast live via the company website at https://www.saia.com/about-us/investor-relations/financial-releases. A replay of the call will be offered two h...
We think all investors should try to buy and hold high quality multi-year winners. And highest quality companies can...
Facility marks the 20th location the carrier has opened in the regionJOHNS CREEK, Ga., March 22, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Saia Inc. (NASDAQ: SAIA) announced that Saia LTL Freight’s newest terminal near Wilmington, Delaware is now open for business starting today, March 22. The carrier’s expansion into the Northeast began in 2017 and has been part of a multi-year plan to offer service in this region to both existing and new customers. “The new facility in Wilmington enhances our service across this geography as well as throughout our network,” said Vice President of Operations, East Jared Mull. “Beyond this new terminal, we plan to open an additional four to six facilities throughout the course of this year, including our Northeast Atlanta terminal targeted for the fourth quarter.” Just ...
Cowen & Co. Stick to Their Hold Rating for Saia Inc
SAIA Price Returns