Saratoga Investment Corp New (SAR): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SAR POWR Grades
- SAR scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 76.91% of US stocks.
- SAR's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- SAR's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 27.34% of US stocks).
SAR Stock Summary
- For SAR, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 98.49% of US equities we're observing.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, SAR is more volatile than only 3.26% of stocks we're observing.
- Saratoga Investment Corp's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is -49.09%, greater than the shareholder yield of only 9.02% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Saratoga Investment Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be HRZN, FCRD, OXSQ, TPVG, and HAL.
- SAR's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Saratoga Investment Corp's official web site, go to www.saratogainvestmentcorp.com.
SAR Valuation Summary
- SAR's price/sales ratio is 4.8; this is 300% higher than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- SAR's price/sales ratio has moved NA NA over the prior 175 months.
- Over the past 175 months, SAR's price/earnings ratio has gone up 898.9.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SAR.
SAR Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 215.28%.
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 18.76%.
- The 4 year price growth rate now stands at -7.8%.
The table below shows SAR's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SAR's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SAR has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 44.13% of graded US stocks.
- SAR's asset turnover comes in at 0.1 -- ranking 211th of 442 Trading stocks.
- NAVI, MKTX, and SLG are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SAR.
The table below shows SAR's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SAR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SAR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$26.73||52-week high||$30.25|
|Prev. close||$26.27||52-week low||$23.54|
|Day high||$26.85||Avg. volume||42,964|
|50-day MA||$26.61||Dividend yield||8.07%|
|200-day MA||$27.90||Market Cap||324.07M|
Saratoga Investment Corp New (SAR) Company Bio
Saratoga Investment Corp. is a business development company specializing in leveraged and management buyouts, acquisition financings, growth financings, recapitalization, debt refinancing, and transitional financing transactions at the lower end of middle market companies. It structures its investments as debt and equity by investing through first and second lien loans, mezzanine debt, co-investments, select high yield bonds, senior secured bonds, unsecured bonds, and preferred and common equity. The company is based in New York City, New York.
Most Popular Stories View All
SAR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SAR Latest Social Stream
View Full SAR Social Stream
Latest SAR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Saratoga Investment Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SAR as an investment opportunity.
Saratoga Investment (NYSE:SAR) declares $0.53/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.Forward yield 7.89%Payable March 28; for shareholders of record March 14; ex-div March 11.See…
Saratoga Investment Corp. Declares Quarterly Dividend of $0.53 per Share for the Fiscal Fourth Quarter Ended February 28, 2022
NEW YORK, Feb. 24, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Saratoga Investment Corp. (NYSE:SAR) (“Saratoga Investment” or “the Company”), a business development company, today announced that its Board of Directors has declared a quarterly dividend of $0.53 per share for the fiscal fourth quarter ended February 28, 2022, payable on March 28, 2022, to all stockholders of record at the close of business on March 14, 2022. “Our continued strong track record, superior portfolio performance, healthy credit profile,
Investors in Saratoga Investment (NYSE:SAR) have made a decent return of 48% over the past three years
Buying a low-cost index fund will get you the average market return. But across the board there are plenty of stocks...
NEW YORK, NY , Jan. 19, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Saratoga Investment Corp. (NYSE: SAR) (the “Company”) today announced that it has closed a public offering of $75.0 million aggregate principal amount of its 4.35% notes due 2027 (the “Notes”), which resulted in net proceeds to the Company of approximately $72.7 million, based on a public offering price of 99.317% of par, after deducting the underwriting discount and the estimated offering expenses payable by the Company. This results in the Notes
Saratoga Investment (SAR) priced a public offering of $75M 4.35% notes due 2027.The notes will be issued at a price of 99.317% of par, resulting in a yield-to-maturity of ~4.50%
SAR Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching SARHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Saratoga Investment Corp's stock as an investment opportunity:
Saratoga Investment Corp (SAR) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Saratoga Investment Corp (SAR) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Saratoga Investment Corp (SAR) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch