Saratoga Investment Corp New (SAR): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SAR POWR Grades
- SAR scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 81.21% of US stocks.
- SAR's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 48 weeks.
- SAR's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 17.47% of US stocks).
SAR Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 5.41, Saratoga Investment Corp P/E ratio is greater than that of about just 6.81% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- For SAR, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 98.37% of US equities we're observing.
- Saratoga Investment Corp's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is -39.53%, greater than the shareholder yield of only 7.16% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Saratoga Investment Corp are OXSQ, SAFE, TCI, HRZN, and ICMB.
- Visit SAR's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.saratogainvestmentcorp.com.
SAR Valuation Summary
- SAR's price/sales ratio is 4.8; this is 300% higher than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- SAR's price/sales ratio has moved NA NA over the prior 175 months.
- Over the past 175 months, SAR's price/earnings ratio has gone up 898.9.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SAR.
SAR Growth Metrics
- The 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 18.76%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -24.17%.
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -311.67%.
The table below shows SAR's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SAR's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SAR has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 48.36% of graded US stocks.
- SAR's asset turnover comes in at 0.099 -- ranking 215th of 457 Trading stocks.
- NAVI, GROW, and GS are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SAR.
The table below shows SAR's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SAR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SAR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$28.43||52-week high||$29.33|
|Prev. close||$28.30||52-week low||$16.10|
|Day high||$28.62||Avg. volume||50,691|
|50-day MA||$27.56||Dividend yield||7.32%|
|200-day MA||$25.06||Market Cap||317.93M|
Saratoga Investment Corp New (SAR) Company Bio
Saratoga Investment Corp. is a business development company specializing in leveraged and management buyouts, acquisition financings, growth financings, recapitalization, debt refinancing, and transitional financing transactions at the lower end of middle market companies. It structures its investments as debt and equity by investing through first and second lien loans, mezzanine debt, co-investments, select high yield bonds, senior secured bonds, unsecured bonds, and preferred and common equity. The company is based in New York City, New York.
Most Popular Stories View All
SAR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SAR Latest Social Stream
View Full SAR Social Stream
Latest SAR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Saratoga Investment Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SAR as an investment opportunity.
Saratoga Investment Corp. to Report Fiscal Second Quarter 2022 Financial Results and Hold Conference Call
NEW YORK, Sept. 22, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Saratoga Investment Corp. (NYSE:SAR), a business development company, will report its financial results for the fiscal quarter ended August 31, 2021 on October 5, 2021, after market close. A conference call to discuss the financial results will be held on October 6, 2021. Details for the conference call are provided below. Who:Christian L. Oberbeck, Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and President Michael J. Grisius, Chief Investment Officer Henri J. S
Saratoga Investment Corp ("Saratoga") (NYSE:SAR) ("Saratoga Investment" or "the Company"), a business development company ("BDC"), was selected as the recipient of the 2021 Best U.S. Boutique CLO Manager by Creditflux, a London-based global publication and leading information source for the global market of credit funds and CLOs. The award is given to one CLO manager each year with four or fewer outstanding CLOs. It is the third consecutive year that Saratoga has been nominated for Creditflux Be
Saratoga Investment's (NYSE:SAR) investors will be pleased with their favorable 81% return over the last year
If you want to compound wealth in the stock market, you can do so by buying an index fund. But one can do better than...
Saratoga Investment Corp. Increases Quarterly Dividend by $0.08 to $0.52 per Share for the Quarter Ended August 31, 2021
NEW YORK, Aug. 26, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Saratoga Investment Corp. (NYSE:SAR) (“Saratoga Investment” or “the Company”), a business development company, today announced that its Board of Directors has declared a quarterly dividend of $0.52 per share for the fiscal quarter ended August 31, 2021, payable on September 28, 2021, to all stockholders of record at the close of business on September 14, 2021. This is an increase of $0.08 per share from $0.44 per share last quarter. “We are very please
Saratoga Investment Corp. Announces Distribution of Proxy Materials for its 2021 Annual Meeting of Stockholders
Urges Stockholders to Reduce Solicitation Costs by Voting their Shares ImmediatelyNEW YORK, NY, Aug. 13, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Saratoga Investment Corp. (NYSE: SAR) (“Saratoga Investment,” “Saratoga” or “the Company”) today announced that the Company commenced distribution of the proxy materials to the Company’s stockholders for the 2021 Annual Meeting of Stockholders (the “Annual Meeting”) to be held on September 27, 2021. Saratoga’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended February 28,
SAR Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching SARHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Saratoga Investment Corp's stock as an investment opportunity:
Saratoga Investment Corp (SAR) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Saratoga Investment Corp (SAR) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Saratoga Investment Corp (SAR) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch