Saratoga Investment Corp New (SAR): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SAR POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where SAR ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 95.68% of US stocks.
- SAR's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- SAR ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 3rd percentile.
SAR Stock Summary
- For SAR, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 98.97% of US equities we're observing.
- The volatility of SARATOGA INVESTMENT CORP's share price is greater than that of just 12.62% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- SARATOGA INVESTMENT CORP's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is -103.8%, greater than the shareholder yield of only 5.57% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to SARATOGA INVESTMENT CORP are HRZN, TPVG, TSLX, SLRC, and SAFE.
- Visit SAR's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.saratogainvestmentcorp.com.
SAR Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, SAR's EV/EBIT ratio is 83.51% higher, now standing at 17.8.
- SAR's price/sales ratio has moved NA NA over the prior 189 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SAR.
SAR Growth Metrics
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 76.73%.
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 209.5%.
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 48.28%.
The table below shows SAR's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SAR's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SAR has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 44.13% of graded US stocks.
- SAR's asset turnover comes in at 0.1 -- ranking 211th of 442 Trading stocks.
- NAVI, MKTX, and SLG are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SAR.
The table below shows SAR's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SAR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SAR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$20.77||52-week high||$30.25|
|Prev. close||$21.27||52-week low||$20.77|
|Day high||$21.49||Avg. volume||38,614|
|50-day MA||$24.12||Dividend yield||10.4%|
|200-day MA||$26.00||Market Cap||247.79M|
Saratoga Investment Corp New (SAR) Company Bio
Saratoga Investment Corp. is a business development company specializing in leveraged and management buyouts, acquisition financings, growth financings, recapitalization, debt refinancing, and transitional financing transactions at the lower end of middle market companies. It structures its investments as debt and equity by investing through first and second lien loans, mezzanine debt, co-investments, select high yield bonds, senior secured bonds, unsecured bonds, and preferred and common equity. The company is based in New York City, New York.
Most Popular Stories View All
SAR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SAR Latest Social Stream
View Full SAR Social Stream
Latest SAR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SARATOGA INVESTMENT CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SAR as an investment opportunity.
Saratoga Investment Corp. Receives Approval of Third SBIC License Providing Up to $175 Million of Additional Growth Capital
NEW YORK, Sept. 29, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Saratoga Investment Corp. (NYSE:SAR) (“Saratoga Investment” or “the Company”), a business development company, today announced that it has received notification from the Small Business Administration (the “SBA”) that the Company’s application for a third Small Business Investment Company (“SBIC”) license has been approved. The new SBIC license will provide up to $175 million in additional long-term capital in the form of SBA-guaranteed debentures, sub
Saratoga Investment Corp. to Report Fiscal Second Quarter 2023 Financial Results and Hold Conference Call
NEW YORK, Sept. 20, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Saratoga Investment Corp. (NYSE:SAR), a business development company, will report its financial results for the fiscal quarter ended August 31, 2022, on October 4, 2022, after market close. A conference call to discuss the financial results will be held on October 5, 2022. Details for the conference call are provided below. Who:Christian L. Oberbeck, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Michael J. Grisius, Chief Investment Officer Henri J. Steenkamp,
Urstadt Biddle (UBA) delivered FFO and revenue surprises of -2.56% and 0.65%, respectively, for the quarter ended July 2022. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
Investcorp (ICMB) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 13.33% and 5.19%, respectively, for the quarter ended June 2022. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
The S&P 500 broke below 4,000 this week, for the first time since the end of July. It has investors wondering: Does this mark the low point of a roller coaster ride? Stocks rose all last year, fell from January to June, rallied from July to mid-August, and now are falling again. According to Wells Fargo strategist Paul Christopher, it’s evidence that the stock rally is sputtering to a halt. Christopher writes that “Cracks in financial market liquidity are appearing,” and says of the S&P 500, “3,900 is the next key level of support. Below that brings the June intraday low of 3,636 back into the conversation.
SAR Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching SARHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Saratoga Investment Corp's stock as an investment opportunity:
Saratoga Investment Corp (SAR) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Saratoga Investment Corp (SAR) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Saratoga Investment Corp (SAR) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch