Sandy Spring Bancorp, Inc. (SASR): Price and Financial Metrics
SASR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$20.85||52-week high||$38.99|
|Prev. close||$21.23||52-week low||$19.47|
|Day high||$21.25||Avg. volume||303,871|
|50-day MA||$23.04||Dividend yield||6.41%|
|200-day MA||$26.88||Market Cap||935.37M|
SASR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SASR POWR Grades
- SASR scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 77.28% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SASR is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- SASR's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 5.55% of US stocks).
SASR Stock Summary
- SASR's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 87.98% of US stocks.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 84.08%, SANDY SPRING BANCORP INC's debt growth rate surpasses 88.53% of about US stocks.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for SASR comes in at -57.9% -- higher than that of only 9.25% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to SASR, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are OCFC, LBAI, CAC, FLIC, and BHB.
- SASR's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit SANDY SPRING BANCORP INC's official web site, go to www.sandyspringbank.com.
SASR Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, SASR's price/earnings ratio is 27.37% lower, now standing at 6.9.
- Over the past 243 months, SASR's price/sales ratio has gone down 2.3.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SASR.
SASR Growth Metrics
- The 2 year revenue growth rate now stands at 71.29%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 6.94%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 141.81%.
The table below shows SASR's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SASR's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SASR has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 56.19% of graded US stocks.
- SASR's asset turnover comes in at 0.044 -- ranking 116th of 430 Banking stocks.
- COF, UNTY, and UMPQ are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SASR.
The table below shows SASR's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Sandy Spring Bancorp, Inc. (SASR) Company Bio
Sandy Spring Bancorp operates as the bank holding company for Sandy Spring Bank that provides commercial and retail banking services to individuals and businesses in central Maryland and Northern Virginia. It operates through three segments: Community Banking, Insurance, and Investment Management. The company was founded in 1868 and is based in Olney, Maryland.
SASR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SASR Latest Social Stream
View Full SASR Social Stream
Latest SASR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SANDY SPRING BANCORP INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SASR as an investment opportunity.
I wouldn't go out and just buy every banking stock that looks cheap on a screener.
Investors in Sandy Spring Bancorp (NASDAQ:SASR) have unfortunately lost 31% over the last five years
For many, the main point of investing is to generate higher returns than the overall market. But in any portfolio...
Investors who take an interest in Sandy Spring Bancorp, Inc. ( NASDAQ:SASR ) should definitely note that the...
Readers hoping to buy Sandy Spring Bancorp, Inc. ( NASDAQ:SASR ) for its dividend will need to make their move shortly...
Sandy Spring Bancorp, Inc. ( NASDAQ:SASR ) will pay a dividend of $0.34 on the 16th of August. Based on this payment...
SASR Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching SASRHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Sandy Spring Bancorp Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Sandy Spring Bancorp Inc (SASR) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Sandy Spring Bancorp Inc (SASR) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Sandy Spring Bancorp Inc (SASR) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch