EchoStar Corp. (SATS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SATS POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where SATS ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 92.97% of US stocks.
- SATS's strongest trending metric is Sentiment; it's been moving down over the last 178 days.
- SATS's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 1% of US stocks).
SATS Stock Summary
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for SATS is currently 2.66, higher than only 10.75% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- Over the past twelve months, SATS has reported earnings growth of -52.5%, putting it ahead of only 23.38% of US stocks in our set.
- ECHOSTAR CORP's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 7.68%, greater than the shareholder yield of 80.87% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to SATS, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are AAN, FWRD, NATR, CBRL, and NWE.
- Visit SATS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.echostar.com.
SATS Valuation Summary
- SATS's price/earnings ratio is 28.2; this is 15.57% higher than that of the median Technology stock.
- SATS's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 61.7 over the prior 181 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SATS.
SATS Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -172.34%.
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -20.06%.
- The 5 year price growth rate now stands at -47.66%.
The table below shows SATS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SATS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SATS has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 75.39% of graded US stocks.
- SATS's asset turnover comes in at 0.285 -- ranking 174th of 208 Electronic Equipment stocks.
- IRDM, UI, and FLEX are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SATS.
The table below shows SATS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SATS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SATS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$17.21||52-week high||$28.97|
|Prev. close||$17.04||52-week low||$15.26|
|Day high||$17.36||Avg. volume||294,552|
|50-day MA||$17.51||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$20.65||Market Cap||1.43B|
EchoStar Corp. (SATS) Company Bio
EchoStar Corp. engages in the design, development, and distribution of digital set-top boxes and products for direct-to-home satellite service providers. It operates through the following business segments: Hughes, and EchoStar Satellite Services (ESS). The Hughes segment provides broadband satellite technologies and broadband internet services to domestic and international consumer customers and broadband network technologies, managed services, equipment, hardware, satellite services and communication solutions to service providers and enterprise customers. The ESS segment owns and leases in-orbit satellites and licenses to lease capacity on a full time and occasional use. The company was founded by Charlie William Ergen, Candy Ergen, and James DeFranco in 1980 and is headquartered in Englewood, CO.
Most Popular Stories View All
SATS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SATS Latest Social Stream
View Full SATS Social Stream
Latest SATS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about ECHOSTAR CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SATS as an investment opportunity.
The satellite JUPITER 3 is being manufactured at Maxar's (MAXR) facility in Palo Alto, CA, for EchoStar's Hughes Network Systems division
EchoStar Corporation (Nasdaq: SATS) today announced an amended agreement with Maxar Technologies (NYSE:MAXR) (TSX:MAXR) for production of the EchoStar XXIV satellite, also known as JUPITER™ 3. The satellite, designed for EchoStar's Hughes Network Systems division, is under production at Maxar's facility in Palo Alto, CA. The amended agreement compensates EchoStar for past production delays by providing relief on future payments and expands EchoStar's recourse in the event of any further delays.
A new federal broadband map published Friday shows roughly 2% of American residential addresses lack access to broadband internet service.
Dirty Dough, a mission-based franchise known for decadent, multilayered cookies, has selected Hughes Network Systems, LLC (HUGHES), to deploy digital menu boards, promotional screens, and employee communication screens in its expanding business. Dirty Dough will employ Hughes managed digital signage solutions to display and promote its rotating selection of cookie flavors and to guide employees in consistently making and decorating its signature gooey, super-stuffed cookies. Enhancing the in-sto
Bullish insiders at EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ:SATS) loaded up on US$507k of stock earlier this year
Usually, when one insider buys stock, it might not be a monumental event. But when multiple insiders are buying like...
SATS Price Returns