Safe Bulkers, Inc ($0.001 par value) (SB): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SB POWR Grades
- SB scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 98.49% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SB is in Stability, which has been heading down over the past 31 weeks.
- SB ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 43rd percentile.
SB Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of Safe Bulkers Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 2.8% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for Safe Bulkers Inc comes in at 80.52%, a number that bests 92.77% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, SB is more volatile than 95.04% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Safe Bulkers Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be CMCT, OSG, ATCO, BORR, and FSP.
- SB's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Safe Bulkers Inc's official web site, go to www.safebulkers.com.
SB Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, SB's price/sales ratio is 22.22% higher, now standing at 2.2.
- SB's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up $103.2 over the prior 159 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SB.
SB Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SB Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$4.02||52-week high||$4.46|
|Prev. close||$3.88||52-week low||$0.82|
|Day high||$4.05||Avg. volume||1,376,635|
|50-day MA||$3.48||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$2.08||Market Cap||410.74M|
Safe Bulkers, Inc ($0.001 par value) (SB) Company Bio
Safe Bulkers, Inc. provides marine drybulk transportation services worldwide. It is involved in the acquisition, ownership, and operation of dry bulk vessels for transporting bulk cargoes, primarily coal, grain, and iron ore. The company was founded in 2007 and is based in Athens, Greece.
SB Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Safe Bulkers Inc. To summarize, we found that Safe Bulkers Inc ranked in the 14th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 88.17%. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Safe Bulkers Inc, consider:
- The stock's equity weight, or the proportion of capital from equity relative to debt, is 41. Its equity weight surpasses that of only 9.24% of free cash flow generating stocks in the Industrials sector.
- Safe Bulkers Inc's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 0 -- greater than only 0% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
SB Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SB Latest Social Stream
View Full SB Social Stream
Latest SB News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Safe Bulkers Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SB as an investment opportunity.
Shares of Safe Bulkers (SB) fell as the market continues to react to the shipping crisis triggered by the COVID-19 pandemic. The company provides marine dry bulk transportation services. However, the stock is still up by more than 100% year-to-date after a rollercoaster 2020, according to Yahoo Finance. Also, supply chains in the shipping industry are under immense pressure amid a dearth of containers, resulting in skyrocketing shipping costs. Recently, the company embarked on an accelerated deleveraging strategy. As part of the plan, the company voluntarily paid a $21.2 million debt as it seeks to maintain an energy-efficient fleet with low leverage.
Price moves on the stock market don't always make sense, and I think what happened today to shares of dry bulk shipping company Safe Bulkers (NYSE: SB) is a perfect example of this. For weeks, I've been telling you of a disturbing trend on the Baltic Dry Index (BDI), where prices for the transport of bulk cargo (grains, iron ore, coal, and the like) had taken a turn for the worse, plummeting 26% from their early May highs. If this kept up, I warned, it would be bad news for companies like Castor Maritime or Safe Bulkers, whose fortunes are tied to the prices they can charge for their services -- prices reflected on the BDI.
In this article, we discuss the 10 penny stocks Robinhood traders are buying in 2021. If you want to skip our detailed analysis of these stocks, go directly to the 5 Penny Stocks Robinhood Traders are Buying in 2021. Robinhood Markets, the California-based financial technology firm that owns popular stock trading application Robinhood, is expected […]
While Safe Bulkers, Inc. ( NYSE:SB ) might not be the most widely known stock at the moment, it saw a significant share...
Safe Bulkers, Inc. Announces Voluntary Prepayments of $21.2 million of Debt as Part of its Deleveraging Strategy
MONACO, June 03, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Safe Bulkers, Inc. (the Company) (NYSE: SB), an international provider of marine drybulk transportation services, announced today that in the context of its deleveraging strategy the Company has voluntarily prepaid $21.2 million of debt. Dr. Loukas Barmparis, President of the Company commented: “The Company is accelerating its deleveraging strategy, by voluntarily prepaying debt with the objective of creating a clear path towards a modern, energy-efficie
SB Price Returns