Safe Bulkers Inc. (SB): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SB POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where SB ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 89.87% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SB is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- SB ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 1st percentile.
SB Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 2.65, SAFE BULKERS INC P/E ratio is greater than that of about just 4.34% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Of note is the ratio of SAFE BULKERS INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 2.62% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, SAFE BULKERS INC is reporting a growth rate of 261.84%; that's higher than 94.24% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to SAFE BULKERS INC, a group of peers worth examining would be PEB, SBRA, CPE, VNOM, and SWX.
- Visit SB's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.safebulkers.com.
SB Valuation Summary
- SB's price/sales ratio is 1.1; this is 38.89% lower than that of the median Industrials stock.
- SB's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 2.6 over the prior 180 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SB.
SB Growth Metrics
- The year over year price growth rate now stands at 89.52%.
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at 33.86%.
- The 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -25.83%.
The table below shows SB's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SB's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SB has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 82.95% of graded US stocks.
- SB's asset turnover comes in at 0.178 -- ranking 105th of 137 Transportation stocks.
- 500 - Internal server error
The table below shows SB's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SB Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of SB, see our SB price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$5.60||Average Broker Recommendation||1.7 (Moderate Buy)|
SB Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SB Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$3.69||52-week high||$5.12|
|Prev. close||$3.66||52-week low||$2.35|
|Day high||$3.74||Avg. volume||921,443|
|50-day MA||$3.43||Dividend yield||5.49%|
|200-day MA||$3.22||Market Cap||448.86M|
Safe Bulkers Inc. (SB) Company Bio
Safe Bulkers, Inc. provides marine drybulk transportation services worldwide. It is involved in the acquisition, ownership, and operation of dry bulk vessels for transporting bulk cargoes, primarily coal, grain, and iron ore. The company was founded in 2007 and is based in Athens, Greece.
Most Popular Stories View All
SB Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SB Latest Social Stream
View Full SB Social Stream
Latest SB News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SAFE BULKERS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SB as an investment opportunity.
Those who invested in Safe Bulkers (NYSE:SB) three years ago are up 250%
It might seem bad, but the worst that can happen when you buy a stock (without leverage) is that its share price goes...
Safe Bulkers, Inc. Announces Common Stock Repurchase Program
MONACO, March 20, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Safe Bulkers, Inc. (the “Company” or “Safe Bulkers”) (NYSE: SB), an international provider of marine drybulk transportation services, announced today that it has authorized a program under which it may from time to time in the future purchase up to 5,000,000 shares of the Company’s common stock. If the maximum number of shares of the Company’s common stock are purchased pursuant to the aforementioned program, it would represent approximately 4.3% of the
Safe Bulkers Announces Appointments to the Board of Directors
MONACO, March 15, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Safe Bulkers, Inc. (“Safe Bulkers” or the “Company”) (NYSE: SB), an international provider of marine drybulk transportation services, announced today that, on recommendation of the Corporate Governance, Nominating and Compensation Committee, the Board of Directors of the Company (the “Board”) voted to expand the size of the Board from seven directors to nine directors and to elect Kristin H. Holth and Marina Hajioannou to fill the new positions, effecti
Safe Bulkers, Inc. Announces Sale of one Panamax Class Dry-bulk Vessel
MONACO, March 14, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Safe Bulkers, Inc. (the Company) (NYSE: SB), an international provider of marine drybulk transportation services, announced today that it has entered into an agreement for the sale of a Kamsarmax MV Efrossini, a 2012 Japanese-built, Panamax class, dry-bulk vessel at a gross sale price of $22.5 million and forward delivery date within June 2023. Upon delivery to new owners, the vessel will be chartered back by the Company at a gross daily charter rate of
REMINDER - Leading Dry Bulk & Container Shipping Companies & Diversified Shipping MLPs Participating at Capital Link’s 17th Annual International Shipping Forum March 20, 2023, in New York City
NEW YORK, March 14, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Senior executives from 29 shipping companies will participate on panels and presentations at Capital Link’s 17th Annual International Shipping Forum on Monday, March 20, 2023, at the Metropolitan Club in New York City. The event is organized in partnership with Citi, and in cooperation with Nasdaq & NYSE. Registration is complimentary for institutional investors and shipping companies. FORUM OVERVIEW AND STRUCTURE The Forum will examine the macroecono
SB Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching SBWant to do more research on Safe Bulkers Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Safe Bulkers Inc (SB) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Safe Bulkers Inc (SB) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Safe Bulkers Inc (SB) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...