Southern Copper Corporation (SCCO): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SCCO POWR Grades
- SCCO scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 93.75% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SCCO is in Stability, which has been heading down over the past 198 days.
- SCCO's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 47.66% of US stocks).
SCCO Stock Summary
- SCCO has a higher market value than 95.55% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $56,078,734,933.
- Of note is the ratio of Southern Copper Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 6.24% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Southern Copper Corp is higher than it is for about 88.21% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Southern Copper Corp are DOW, PBR, D, CP, and LVS.
- SCCO's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Southern Copper Corp's official web site, go to www.southerncoppercorp.com.
SCCO Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SCCO Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$72.54||52-week high||$83.15|
|Prev. close||$69.64||52-week low||$31.38|
|Day high||$72.90||Avg. volume||1,138,373|
|50-day MA||$72.28||Dividend yield||3.31%|
|200-day MA||$59.93||Market Cap||56.08B|
Southern Copper Corporation (SCCO) Company Bio
Southern Corporation engages in mining, exploring, smelting, and refining copper and other minerals in Peru, Mexico, Argentina, Chile, and Ecuador. The company was founded in 1952 and is based in Phoenix, Arizona.
SCCO Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Southern Copper Corp with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Southern Copper Corp ranked in the 85th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. More precisely, our analysis suggests the stock is undervalued by approximately 518% on a DCF basis. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for SCCO, they are:
- In the past 3.98 years, Southern Copper Corp has a compound free cash flow growth rate of 0.84%; that's higher than 93.73% of free cash flow generating stocks in the Basic Materials sector.
- SCCO's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 28.63% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
SCCO Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SCCO Latest Social Stream
View Full SCCO Social Stream
Latest SCCO News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Southern Copper Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SCCO as an investment opportunity.
Photo by Funtay/iStock via Getty ImagesSouthern Copper (SCCO) is another copper producer that benefited from high copper prices. Although its production declined in Q1 compared to the previous quarters, high copper prices pushed the revenues and net income to new highs. Southern Copper's copper production declined to 476.8 million lb...
Southern Copper (SCCO) delivers better-than-expected first-quarter earnings on the back of higher metal prices.
Southern Copper (NYSE:SCCO) Has Gifted Shareholders With A Fantastic 198% Total Return On Their Investment
When you buy shares in a company, it's worth keeping in mind the possibility that it could fail, and you could lose...
Copper stocks could have years of growth ahead thanks to demand from new technologies.
These hot stocks all have strong sales and opportunities for continued growth.
SCCO Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|