Southern Copper Corporation (SCCO): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SCCO POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where SCCO ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 93.64% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SCCO is in Stability, which has been heading down over the past 31 weeks.
- SCCO ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 46th percentile.
SCCO Stock Summary
- Southern Copper Corp's market capitalization of $50,389,437,113 is ahead of 94.92% of US-listed equities.
- Of note is the ratio of Southern Copper Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 6.08% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- For SCCO, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 88% of US equities we're observing.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Southern Copper Corp are TRP, KMI, EXC, AEP, and BCE.
- SCCO's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Southern Copper Corp's official web site, go to www.southerncoppercorp.com.
SCCO Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Basic Materials stock, SCCO's price/sales ratio is 217.65% higher, now standing at 5.4.
- SCCO's price/sales ratio has moved up 4 over the prior 243 months.
- SCCO's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 6.3 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SCCO.
SCCO Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 178.64%.
- The 2 year price growth rate now stands at -37.5%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 10.51%.
The table below shows SCCO's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SCCO Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SCCO Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$65.64||52-week high||$83.29|
|Prev. close||$67.71||52-week low||$42.02|
|Day high||$67.58||Avg. volume||1,312,999|
|50-day MA||$65.29||Dividend yield||4.27%|
|200-day MA||$66.35||Market Cap||50.74B|
Southern Copper Corporation (SCCO) Company Bio
Southern Corporation engages in mining, exploring, smelting, and refining copper and other minerals in Peru, Mexico, Argentina, Chile, and Ecuador. The company was founded in 1952 and is based in Phoenix, Arizona.
SCCO Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for SCCO, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Southern Copper Corp ranked in the 85th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Southern Copper Corp, consider:
- The compound growth rate in the free cash flow of Southern Copper Corp over the past 3.98 years is 0.84%; that's better than 92.64% of cash flow producing equities in the Basic Materials sector, where it is classified.
- SCCO's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 31.29% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
SCCO Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SCCO Latest Social Stream
View Full SCCO Social Stream
Latest SCCO News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Southern Copper Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SCCO as an investment opportunity.
Wondering how to pick strong, market-beating stocks for your investment portfolio? Look no further than the Zacks Style Scores.
Higher metal prices through the quarter aided Southern Copper's (SCCO) second-quarter revenues and earnings. It expects copper production in 2021 to be around 960,000 tons.
With us this morning, we have Southern Copper Corporation, Mr. Raul Jacob, Vice President, Finance, Treasurer and CFO, who will discuss the results of the company for the second quarter 2021, as well as answer any questions that you may have. Now, I will pass the call on to Mr. Raul Jacob.
(Bloomberg) -- Southern Copper Corp. missed quarterly output expectations as the world’s fifth-largest producer deals with the lingering effects of the pandemic.While producer profits are booming thanks to high prices fueled by the pandemic recovery, their operations are paying the price of Covid-fighting measures. Southern had to process lower quality ore last quarter after undertaking earthworks and maintenance that had been postponed last year in a bid to maintain production with reduced staf
ChrisHepburn/iStock via Getty Images Investment Thesis The Phoenix-based Freeport-McMoRan (FCX), the world's largest publicly traded copper company, released its second-quarter results on July 22, 2021. Freeport-McMoRan posted a quarterly profit of $1,083 million that beat analysts' expectations of rising production and copper and gold prices. Note: I recommend reading my...
SCCO Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|