Scholastic Corporation (SCHL): Price and Financial Metrics
SCHL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$38.44||52-week high||$47.25|
|Prev. close||$38.11||52-week low||$29.21|
|Day high||$38.66||Avg. volume||199,582|
|50-day MA||$41.84||Dividend yield||2.09%|
|200-day MA||$40.83||Market Cap||1.19B|
SCHL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SCHL POWR Grades
- SCHL scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 88.33% of US stocks.
- SCHL's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving up over the last 177 days.
- SCHL ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 13th percentile.
SCHL Stock Summary
- SCHOLASTIC CORP's stock had its IPO on February 25, 1992, making it an older stock than 82.92% of US equities in our set.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for SCHOLASTIC CORP is higher than it is for about just 16.38% of US stocks.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for SCHL comes in at 13.06% -- higher than that of 86.32% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to SCHOLASTIC CORP, a group of peers worth examining would be CTRN, IDT, JOB, KFY, and TBI.
- SCHL's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit SCHOLASTIC CORP's official web site, go to www.scholastic.com.
SCHL Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, SCHL's price/sales ratio is 57.89% lower, now standing at 0.8.
- SCHL's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SCHL.
SCHL Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 55.36%.
- The year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 4044.44%.
- The 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -42.88%.
The table below shows SCHL's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SCHL's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SCHL has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 70.28% of graded US stocks.
- SCHL's asset turnover comes in at 0.666 -- ranking 6th of 14 Printing and Publishing stocks.
- ACCO, NYT, and GCI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SCHL.
The table below shows SCHL's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Scholastic Corporation (SCHL) Company Bio
Scholastic Corporation is a provider of print and digital instructional materials for pre-K to grade 12, and a producer of educational and entertaining children's media, including books and ebooks, print and technology-based learning materials and programs, classroom magazines and other products that, in combination, offer schools customized and comprehensive solutions to support children's learning both at school and at home. The company was founded in 1920 and is based in New York, New York.
SCHL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SCHL Latest Social Stream
View Full SCHL Social Stream
Latest SCHL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SCHOLASTIC CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SCHL as an investment opportunity.
Scholastic (SCHL) could produce exceptional returns because of its solid growth attributes.
Today, Scholastic officially welcomed 28 student journalists from around the world to the award-winning Scholastic Kids Press program for the 2023-2024 academic year. Fifteen new and thirteen returning Kid Reporters, ages 10-14, will interview newsmakers and cover the topics that interest them and their peers most. Each year, these budding journalists receive invaluable real-world experience as they develop critical thinking, researching, and reporting skills.
On September 25, 2023, Scholastic Corp (NASDAQ:SCHL) reported a 3.85% gain, despite a 5.28% loss over the last three months. Scholastic Corp is a leading American publishing and education media company, specializing in books and educational material for schools, teachers, parents, and children. Scholastic operates in three segments: Children's Book Publishing and Distribution, Education Solutions, and International, with the majority of its revenue coming from the Children's Book Publishing and Distribution segment.
Scholastic Corporation's ( NASDAQ:SCHL ) investors are due to receive a payment of $0.20 per share on 15th of December...
Scholastic Corporation missed revenue and profit estimates for the quarter ended Aug. 31, as lagging book sales impacted the publisher's core business.
SCHL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|