Scholastic Corporation (SCHL): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SCHL POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where SCHL ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 83.5% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SCHL is in Quality, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- SCHL's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 32.72% of US stocks).
SCHL Stock Summary
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -66.98%, Scholastic Corp's debt growth rate surpasses only 4.37% of about US stocks.
- Over the past twelve months, SCHL has reported earnings growth of -173.44%, putting it ahead of merely 11.15% of US stocks in our set.
- Scholastic Corp's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 14.71%, greater than the shareholder yield of 88.45% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Scholastic Corp are JCTCF, UFCS, UEPS, DYNT, and HOFT.
- Visit SCHL's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.scholastic.com.
SCHL Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, SCHL's price/sales ratio is 35.71% lower, now standing at 0.9.
- Over the past 243 months, SCHL's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 108.6.
- Over the past 243 months, SCHL's price/earnings ratio has gone down 142.9.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SCHL.
SCHL Growth Metrics
- The 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 382.17%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at 19.63%.
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -24.95%.
The table below shows SCHL's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SCHL's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SCHL has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 70.28% of graded US stocks.
- SCHL's asset turnover comes in at 0.666 -- ranking 6th of 14 Printing and Publishing stocks.
- ACCO, NYT, and GCI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SCHL.
The table below shows SCHL's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SCHL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SCHL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$47.15||52-week high||$48.13|
|Prev. close||$46.86||52-week low||$32.21|
|Day high||$47.24||Avg. volume||136,377|
|50-day MA||$38.78||Dividend yield||1.27%|
|200-day MA||$39.21||Market Cap||1.62B|
Scholastic Corporation (SCHL) Company Bio
Scholastic Corporation is a provider of print and digital instructional materials for pre-K to grade 12, and a producer of educational and entertaining children's media, including books and ebooks, print and technology-based learning materials and programs, classroom magazines and other products that, in combination, offer schools customized and comprehensive solutions to support children's learning both at school and at home. The company was founded in 1920 and is based in New York, New York.
Most Popular Stories View All
SCHL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SCHL Latest Social Stream
View Full SCHL Social Stream
Latest SCHL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Scholastic Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SCHL as an investment opportunity.
Scholastic and LitWorld to Host Free Virtual Event Series Leading Up to World Read Aloud Day Annual Celebration on February 2, 2022
In an effort to help foster meaningful connections in spite of ongoing pandemic disruptions, LitWorld, the global non-profit advocating for the power of sharing stories, and Scholastic, the global children's publishing, education and media company, have announced World Read Aloud Day Book Fest, a series of fun, free virtual events to bring communities together in celebration of World Read Aloud Day. The events will kick off on Monday, January 31, and will continue through World Read Aloud Day on
Investors are also digesting a slew of quarterly earnings reports from banks, as JPMorgan Chase & Co. (JPM) and Citigroup Inc. (C) recorded income declines, while Wells Fargo & Company (WFC) said that profit jumped. The Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJIA) and the S&P 500 are poised to finish the week lower, while the Nasdaq may end up higher for the week. Later this morning, the University of Michigan will release its Consumer Sentiment Index for January.
CEO Richard Robinson’s death gave the reins to an executive, his former romantic partner, who must now address problems plaguing the publisher’s innovation efforts while facing some skepticism over her track record; success with ‘Clifford the Big Red Dog.’
Scholastic is proud to announce the publication of I Am Ruby Bridges, a beautiful and momentous new picture book written by Civil Rights icon Ruby Bridges and illustrated by #1 New York Times bestselling artist Nikkolas Smith. On sale September 6, 2022, this must-have poetic reflection marks the first time that Bridges shares her powerful and trailblazing story from the perspective of her six-year-old self – providing a personal and intimate look through a child's lens at an experience that chan
Scholastic Co. (NASDAQ:SCHL) hit a new 52-week high during trading on Thursday . The company traded as high as $40.78 and last traded at $40.61, with a volume of 5 shares. The stock had previously closed at $40.28. Separately, TheStreet upgraded Scholastic from a c- rating to a b- rating in a research report on 
SCHL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|