Scholastic Corporation (SCHL): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SCHL POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where SCHL ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 94.88% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SCHL is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 52 weeks.
- SCHL's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 29.58% of US stocks).
SCHL Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 264.28, Scholastic Corp P/E ratio is greater than that of about 97.31% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -45.86%, Scholastic Corp's debt growth rate surpasses merely 10.81% of about US stocks.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for SCHL comes in at 12.41% -- higher than that of 83.92% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Scholastic Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be SRCL, USFD, MDJH, ODP, and PPSI.
- SCHL's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Scholastic Corp's official web site, go to www.scholastic.com.
SCHL Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, SCHL's price/sales ratio is 35.71% lower, now standing at 0.9.
- Over the past 243 months, SCHL's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 108.6.
- Over the past 243 months, SCHL's price/earnings ratio has gone down 142.9.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SCHL.
SCHL Growth Metrics
- The year over year price growth rate now stands at 48.07%.
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -28.55%.
- The 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -8.42%.
The table below shows SCHL's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SCHL's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SCHL has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 69.73% of graded US stocks.
- SCHL's asset turnover comes in at 0.666 -- ranking 6th of 14 Printing and Publishing stocks.
- ACCO, NYT, and GCI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SCHL.
The table below shows SCHL's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SCHL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SCHL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$35.27||52-week high||$40.47|
|Prev. close||$35.33||52-week low||$19.26|
|Day high||$35.53||Avg. volume||153,647|
|50-day MA||$34.46||Dividend yield||1.7%|
|200-day MA||$32.54||Market Cap||1.21B|
Scholastic Corporation (SCHL) Company Bio
Scholastic Corporation is a provider of print and digital instructional materials for pre-K to grade 12, and a producer of educational and entertaining children's media, including books and ebooks, print and technology-based learning materials and programs, classroom magazines and other products that, in combination, offer schools customized and comprehensive solutions to support children's learning both at school and at home. The company was founded in 1920 and is based in New York, New York.
Most Popular Stories View All
SCHL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SCHL Latest Social Stream
View Full SCHL Social Stream
Latest SCHL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Scholastic Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SCHL as an investment opportunity.
With a donation of $1_5 million from author James Patterson, Scholastic Book Clubs has launched The United States of Readers."
Scholastic Book Clubs and James Patterson Launch "The United States of Readers" to Battle Inequity in Literacy
Scholastic Book Clubs announced today the launch of The United States of Readers™, a first-of-its-kind classroom program dedicated to bridging the gap of literacy inequity. Created by Scholastic Book Clubs and funded in its pilot year with a $1.5 million donation from bestselling author and literacy advocate James Patterson, The United States of Readers will provide 32,000 pre-K to 8 students in 1,500 classrooms from all 50 states, as well as D.C. and Puerto Rico, with increased access to books.
Today, Scholastic Kids Press announced that 36 new and returning students, ages 10–14, from across the country and around the world will join the award-winning program as Kid Reporters for the 2021–2022 academic year. These young journalists, hailing from 18 states in the U.S. and countries including Brazil, Canada, India, Japan, Lebanon, Mexico, and the Philippines, will report "news for kids, by kids," interviewing leaders and experts in their communities about the topics that matter most to k
Scholastic Corporation (SCHL) Q1 2022 Earnings Conference Call September 23, 2021, 4:30 PM ET Company Participants Gil Dickoff - Senior Vice President, Treasurer and Head, IR Peter Warwick - President and CEO Ken Cleary - Chief Financial Officer Conference Call Participants Presentation Operator Thank you for standing by. And welcome...
Thank you for standing by, and welcome to Scholastic's First Quarter Fiscal 2022 Earnings Call. Joining me on today's call are Peter Warwick, Scholastic's President and Chief Executive Officer; and Ken Cleary, our Chief Financial Officer.
SCHL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|