Scholastic Corporation (SCHL): Price and Financial Metrics
SCHL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$38.99||52-week high||$47.25|
|Prev. close||$39.38||52-week low||$30.50|
|Day high||$39.66||Avg. volume||194,242|
|50-day MA||$38.22||Dividend yield||2.05%|
|200-day MA||$39.89||Market Cap||1.21B|
SCHL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SCHL POWR Grades
- SCHL scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 87.12% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SCHL is in Value, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- SCHL's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 11.79% of US stocks).
SCHL Stock Summary
- SCHL's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 221.13 -- higher than 86.73% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for SCHOLASTIC CORP is higher than it is for about only 17.17% of US stocks.
- SCHOLASTIC CORP's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 14.87%, greater than the shareholder yield of 87.94% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to SCHL, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are PINC, OLLI, FHI, JOB, and FCFS.
- SCHL's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit SCHOLASTIC CORP's official web site, go to www.scholastic.com.
SCHL Valuation Summary
- SCHL's price/sales ratio is 0.7; this is 61.11% lower than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- Over the past 243 months, SCHL's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SCHL.
SCHL Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 55.36%.
- The year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 4044.44%.
- The 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -42.88%.
The table below shows SCHL's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SCHL's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SCHL has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 70.28% of graded US stocks.
- SCHL's asset turnover comes in at 0.666 -- ranking 6th of 14 Printing and Publishing stocks.
- ACCO, NYT, and GCI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SCHL.
The table below shows SCHL's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Scholastic Corporation (SCHL) Company Bio
Scholastic Corporation is a provider of print and digital instructional materials for pre-K to grade 12, and a producer of educational and entertaining children's media, including books and ebooks, print and technology-based learning materials and programs, classroom magazines and other products that, in combination, offer schools customized and comprehensive solutions to support children's learning both at school and at home. The company was founded in 1920 and is based in New York, New York.
SCHL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SCHL Latest Social Stream
View Full SCHL Social Stream
Latest SCHL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SCHOLASTIC CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SCHL as an investment opportunity.
The Scholastic 2023 Philanthropic Impact Report Celebrates Partnerships Committed to Literacy for All Children
Today, Scholastic, the global children's publishing, education and media company, released its second annual Philanthropic Impact Report*, featuring stories of true partnership that continue the Company's long-standing efforts to increase access to books and literacy for all children.
With 69% institutional ownership, Scholastic Corporation (NASDAQ:SCHL) is a favorite amongst the big guns
Key Insights Given the large stake in the stock by institutions, Scholastic's stock price might be vulnerable to their...
Here at Zacks, our focus is on the proven Zacks Rank system, which emphasizes earnings estimates and estimate revisions to find great stocks. Nevertheless, we are always paying attention to the latest value, growth, and momentum trends to underscore strong picks.
Scholastic Corporation ( NASDAQ:SCHL ), is not the largest company out there, but it saw a decent share price growth in...
The publisher walked back a move to separate books on gender and race that was created in the wake of school book bans in multiple states.
SCHL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|