Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. - (SCHN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SCHN POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where SCHN ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 84.48% of US stocks.
- SCHN's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- SCHN ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 7th percentile.
SCHN Stock Summary
- SCHNITZER STEEL INDUSTRIES INC's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 85.72% of US listed stocks.
- The price/operating cash flow metric for SCHNITZER STEEL INDUSTRIES INC is higher than just 17.65% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.28, SCHNITZER STEEL INDUSTRIES INC has a higher such ratio than only 6.87% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to SCHNITZER STEEL INDUSTRIES INC, a group of peers worth examining would be NAII, CMT, SNOA, JRSH, and NVFY.
- Visit SCHN's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.schnitzersteel.com.
SCHN Valuation Summary
- SCHN's price/sales ratio is 0.3; this is 76.92% lower than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- Over the past 243 months, SCHN's price/earnings ratio has gone down 14.5.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SCHN.
SCHN Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 72.6%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 65.74%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -34.45%.
The table below shows SCHN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SCHN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SCHN has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 69.36% of graded US stocks.
- SCHN's asset turnover comes in at 1.948 -- ranking 40th of 105 Wholesale stocks.
- LKQ, GPC, and VRTV are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SCHN.
The table below shows SCHN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SCHN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SCHN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$33.69||52-week high||$59.70|
|Prev. close||$34.02||52-week low||$25.96|
|Day high||$34.80||Avg. volume||218,204|
|50-day MA||$33.01||Dividend yield||2.23%|
|200-day MA||$34.33||Market Cap||907.84M|
Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. - (SCHN) Company Bio
Schnitzer Steel recycles used and salvaged vehicles and is a manufacturer of finished steel products. The Company operates in three business segments: the Metals Recycling Business, the Auto Parts Business , and the Steel Manufacturing Business. The company was founded in 1906 and is based in Portland, Oregon.
Most Popular Stories View All
SCHN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SCHN Latest Social Stream
View Full SCHN Social Stream
Latest SCHN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SCHNITZER STEEL INDUSTRIES INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SCHN as an investment opportunity.
Although challenges to sustainability struck the globe in 2022, the highly rated ESG companies still managed to roll up their sleeves.
Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. ( NASDAQ:SCHN ) will pay a dividend of $0.1875 on the 14th of February. This means the...
PORTLAND, Ore., January 18, 2023--Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. (NASDAQ: SCHN), a global leader in metals recycling, has been named the most sustainable company in the world by Corporate Knights, a leading media and research organization focused on corporate sustainability performance.
As boardroom bosses and billionaires mingle in the snowy streets of Davos, corporate sustainability is a key topic of discussion. Rather surprisingly, research firm Corporate Knights says the answer is Schnitzer Steel Industries, a U.S. scrap steel recycler, which has knocked wind turbine maker Vestas Wind off the top spot. Portland, Oregon-based Schnitzer Steel reported improvements in energy, carbon, water and waste productivity in 2021 to lead the 2023 Global 100, a list of companies which Corporate Knights deems to do the most good for people and planet.
Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. (NASDAQ:SCHN) Q1 2023 Earnings Call Transcript January 5, 2023 Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. beats earnings expectations. Reported EPS is $-0.44, expectations were $-0.45. Operator: Good day and thank you for standing by. Welcome to the Schnitzer Steel’s First Quarter Fiscal 2023 Earnings Presentation. At this time, all participants are in a […]
SCHN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching SCHNWant to see what other sources are saying about Schnitzer Steel Industries Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Schnitzer Steel Industries Inc (SCHN) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Schnitzer Steel Industries Inc (SCHN) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Schnitzer Steel Industries Inc (SCHN) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch