Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. - (SCHN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SCHN POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where SCHN ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 97.27% of US stocks.
- SCHN's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 206 days.
- SCHN's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 37.11% of US stocks).
SCHN Stock Summary
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.75, Schnitzer Steel Industries Inc has a higher such ratio than only 15.84% of stocks in our set.
- Over the past twelve months, SCHN has reported earnings growth of 111.11%, putting it ahead of 86.05% of US stocks in our set.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, SCHN is more volatile than 82.56% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Schnitzer Steel Industries Inc are UEIC, AVD, RMCF, SHYF, and IRBT.
- SCHN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Schnitzer Steel Industries Inc's official web site, go to www.schnitzersteel.com.
SCHN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SCHN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$54.51||52-week high||$56.99|
|Prev. close||$53.78||52-week low||$13.17|
|Day high||$54.85||Avg. volume||344,412|
|50-day MA||$44.58||Dividend yield||1.38%|
|200-day MA||$30.50||Market Cap||1.50B|
Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. - (SCHN) Company Bio
Schnitzer Steel recycles used and salvaged vehicles and is a manufacturer of finished steel products. The Company operates in three business segments: the Metals Recycling Business, the Auto Parts Business , and the Steel Manufacturing Business. The company was founded in 1906 and is based in Portland, Oregon.
SCHN Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Schnitzer Steel Industries Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Schnitzer Steel Industries Inc ranked in the 0th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 100%. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Schnitzer Steel Industries Inc ended up being:
- The company's compound free cash flow growth rate over the past 5.78 years comes in at -0.37%; that's greater than merely 3.72% of US stocks we're applying DCF forecasting to.
- The company has produced more trailing twelve month cash flow than just 7.52% of its sector Basic Materials.
- Schnitzer Steel Industries Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than merely 21.14% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
SCHN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SCHN Latest Social Stream
View Full SCHN Social Stream
Latest SCHN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Schnitzer Steel Industries Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SCHN as an investment opportunity.
If you are looking for stocks that have gained strong momentum recently but are still trading at reasonable prices, Schnitzer Steel (SCHN) could be a great choice. It is one of the several stocks that passed through our 'Fast-Paced Momentum at a Bargain' screen.
If you're not sure where to start when looking for the next multi-bagger, there are a few key trends you should keep an...
Is (SCHN) Outperforming Other Basic Materials Stocks This Year?
When you have an expanding economy and a the promise of outsized economic stimulus, make sure small-cap stocks are part of your arsenal.
Top Ranked Momentum Stocks to Buy for April 23rd
SCHN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching SCHNWant to see what other sources are saying about Schnitzer Steel Industries Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Schnitzer Steel Industries Inc (SCHN) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Schnitzer Steel Industries Inc (SCHN) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Schnitzer Steel Industries Inc (SCHN) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch