Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. - (SCHN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SCHN POWR Grades
- SCHN scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 98.66% of US stocks.
- SCHN's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 52 weeks.
- SCHN ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 34th percentile.
SCHN Stock Summary
- SCHN's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 0.89 -- higher than merely 4.98% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -48.06%, Schnitzer Steel Industries Inc's debt growth rate surpasses only 10.12% of about US stocks.
- Over the past twelve months, SCHN has reported earnings growth of 1,275.31%, putting it ahead of 98.04% of US stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Schnitzer Steel Industries Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be BWEN, BSIG, SMED, LRN, and BDSI.
- Visit SCHN's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.schnitzersteel.com.
SCHN Valuation Summary
- SCHN's EV/EBIT ratio is 9.4; this is 38.16% lower than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- Over the past 243 months, SCHN's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.1.
- SCHN's price/earnings ratio has moved down 6.4 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SCHN.
SCHN Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -21.6%.
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 53.76%.
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 47.35%.
The table below shows SCHN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SCHN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SCHN has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 63.8% of graded US stocks.
- SCHN's asset turnover comes in at 1.762 -- ranking 43rd of 105 Wholesale stocks.
- VRTV, MRC, and DLA are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SCHN.
The table below shows SCHN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SCHN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SCHN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$52.89||52-week high||$59.34|
|Prev. close||$53.05||52-week low||$19.35|
|Day high||$53.61||Avg. volume||316,514|
|50-day MA||$47.21||Dividend yield||1.41%|
|200-day MA||$45.40||Market Cap||1.46B|
Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. - (SCHN) Company Bio
Schnitzer Steel recycles used and salvaged vehicles and is a manufacturer of finished steel products. The Company operates in three business segments: the Metals Recycling Business, the Auto Parts Business , and the Steel Manufacturing Business. The company was founded in 1906 and is based in Portland, Oregon.
Most Popular Stories View All
SCHN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SCHN Latest Social Stream
View Full SCHN Social Stream
Latest SCHN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Schnitzer Steel Industries Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SCHN as an investment opportunity.
Schnitzer Steel (SCHN) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
Schnitzer Steel Industries Inc. offered above-consensus guidance for its fiscal fourth quarter on Thursday, after the recycled metals market performed strongly with average ferrous selling prices at their highest since 2008 and non-ferrous market prices at or near multi-year highs. The Portland, Ore.-based company is now expecting per-share earnings to range from $1.40 to $1.48, and for adjusted per-share earnings to range from $1.75 to $1.83. That puts it well above the FactSet consensus of $1.
PORTLAND, Ore., September 30, 2021--Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. (NASDAQ: SCHN) today announced preliminary results for its fiscal 2021 fourth quarter ended August 31, 2021. The Company expects fourth quarter diluted earnings per share from continuing operations to be in the range of $1.40 - $1.48 and net income to be in the range of $43 million - $45 million. Adjusted earnings per share from continuing operations are expected to be in the range of $1.75 - $1.83, which excludes expected char
In the latest trading session, Schnitzer Steel (SCHN) closed at $47.39, marking a -0.21% move from the previous day.
Is (SCHN) Outperforming Other Basic Materials Stocks This Year?
SCHN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching SCHNWant to see what other sources are saying about Schnitzer Steel Industries Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Schnitzer Steel Industries Inc (SCHN) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Schnitzer Steel Industries Inc (SCHN) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Schnitzer Steel Industries Inc (SCHN) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch