Service Corporation International (SCI): Price and Financial Metrics
SCI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$65.20||52-week high||$74.66|
|Prev. close||$64.60||52-week low||$52.89|
|Day high||$65.23||Avg. volume||972,680|
|50-day MA||$57.60||Dividend yield||1.88%|
|200-day MA||$63.48||Market Cap||9.63B|
SCI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SCI POWR Grades
- SCI scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 66.94% of US stocks.
- SCI's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- SCI ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 23rd percentile.
SCI Stock Summary
- SERVICE CORP INTERNATIONAL's stock had its IPO on July 23, 1987, making it an older stock than 91.94% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of SERVICE CORP INTERNATIONAL's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 98.78% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for SERVICE CORP INTERNATIONAL is higher than it is for about 96.97% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to SERVICE CORP INTERNATIONAL, a group of peers worth examining would be TRN, NOVA, WLKP, LXU, and PBA.
- Visit SCI's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.sci-corp.com.
SCI Valuation Summary
- SCI's price/sales ratio is 2.2; this is 22.22% higher than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- SCI's price/earnings ratio has moved down 17.4 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SCI.
SCI Growth Metrics
- The 4 year revenue growth rate now stands at 5.74%.
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 19.72%.
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 22.32%.
The table below shows SCI's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SCI's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SCI has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 64.48% of graded US stocks.
- SCI's asset turnover comes in at 0.271 -- ranking 42nd of 50 Personal Services stocks.
- UTI, ZVO, and BOXL are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SCI.
The table below shows SCI's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Service Corporation International (SCI) Company Bio
Service Corporation International provides deathcare products and services in the United States and Canada. The company operates through Funeral and Cemetery segments. The company was founded in 1962 and is based in Houston, Texas.
SCI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SCI Latest Social Stream
View Full SCI Social Stream
Latest SCI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SERVICE CORP INTERNATIONAL that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SCI as an investment opportunity.
SERVICE CORPORATION INTERNATIONAL DECLARES QUARTERLY CASH DIVIDEND AND INCREASES SHARE REPURCHASE AUTHORIZATION
Service Corporation International (NYSE: SCI), the largest provider of deathcare products and services in North America, today announced that its Board of Directors has approved a quarterly cash dividend of twenty-nine cents per share of common stock. The quarterly cash dividend announced today is payable on December 29, 2023 to shareholders of record at the close of business on December 15, 2023. While the Company intends to pay regular quarterly cash dividends for the foreseeable future, all s
Service Corporation International (NYSE: SCI), the largest provider of deathcare products and services in North America, today reported results for the third quarter of 2023.
Service Corp. (SCI) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
Service Corporation International Announces Schedule For Its Third Quarter 2023 Earnings Release and Conference Call
Service Corporation International (NYSE: SCI) announced it expects to issue a press release with financial results for the third quarter 2023 on Wednesday, November 1, 2023. A conference call will be hosted by SCI Management on Thursday, November 2, 2023. Details of the conference call are as follows:
Key Insights The projected fair value for Service Corporation International is US$53.73 based on 2 Stage Free Cash Flow...
SCI Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching SCIWant to see what other sources are saying about Service Corp International's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Service Corp International (SCI) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Service Corp International (SCI) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Service Corp International (SCI) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch