ScanSource, Inc. (SCSC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SCSC POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where SCSC ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 75.37% of US stocks.
- SCSC's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- SCSC ranks lowest in Quality; there it ranks in the 41st percentile.
SCSC Stock Summary
- SCANSOURCE INC's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 88.84% of US listed stocks.
- SCSC's price/sales ratio is 0.21; that's higher than the P/S ratio of merely 5.85% of US stocks.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 65.4%, SCANSOURCE INC's debt growth rate surpasses 83.84% of about US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to SCSC, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are THR, ASPU, CRAI, ABM, and ESCA.
- Visit SCSC's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.scansource.com.
SCSC Valuation Summary
- SCSC's price/earnings ratio is 8.7; this is 64.34% lower than that of the median Technology stock.
- Over the past 243 months, SCSC's price/earnings ratio has gone down 11.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SCSC.
SCSC Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 179.64%.
- The 5 year revenue growth rate now stands at 9.01%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at -10.69%.
The table below shows SCSC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SCSC's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SCSC has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 75.25% of graded US stocks.
- SCSC's asset turnover comes in at 1.914 -- ranking 40th of 105 Wholesale stocks.
- DLA, CHEF, and PFGC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SCSC.
The table below shows SCSC's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SCSC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SCSC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$30.65||52-week high||$41.01|
|Prev. close||$30.70||52-week low||$25.75|
|Day high||$30.77||Avg. volume||123,469|
|50-day MA||$29.30||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$32.07||Market Cap||773.76M|
ScanSource, Inc. (SCSC) Company Bio
ScanSource, Inc. operates as a wholesale distributor of specialty technology products in North America and internationally. It operates in two segments, Worldwide Barcode & Security and Worldwide Communications & Services. The company was founded in 1992 and is based in Greenville, South Carolina.
Most Popular Stories View All
SCSC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SCSC Latest Social Stream
View Full SCSC Social Stream
Latest SCSC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SCANSOURCE INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SCSC as an investment opportunity.
GREENVILLE, S.C., November 29, 2022--ScanSource, Inc. (NASDAQ: SCSC), a leading hybrid distributor connecting devices to the cloud, announced plans to present at the Raymond James Technology Investors Conference in New York City.
ScanSource's (SCSC) first-quarter fiscal 2023 top-line benefits from strong demand across segments. It expects net sales growth of at least 5.5% in fiscal 2023.
ScanSource (SCSC) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 1.90% and 3.60%, respectively, for the quarter ended September 2022. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
GREENVILLE, S.C., November 08, 2022--ScanSource, Inc. (NASDAQ: SCSC), a leading hybrid distributor connecting devices to the cloud, today announced financial results for the first quarter ended September 30, 2022.
GREENVILLE, S.C., November 08, 2022--ScanSource, Inc. (NASDAQ: SCSC), a leading hybrid distributor connecting devices to the cloud, today announced the upcoming retirement of Mike Grainger from its Board of Directors. Mr. Grainger, who has served as a Director of ScanSource since 2004, will retire from the Board when his current term of office expires effective at ScanSource’s next Annual Meeting of Shareholders on January 26, 2023.
SCSC Price Returns