L.S. Starrett Company (The) (SCX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SCX Stock Summary
- SCX's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 336.67 -- higher than 92.84% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- SCX's current price/earnings ratio is 4.22, which is higher than just 7.99% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- SCX's price/sales ratio is 0.23; that's higher than the P/S ratio of merely 6.33% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to SCX, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are HYW, HVT, TTSH, MOV, and BBW.
- Visit SCX's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.starrett.com.
SCX Valuation Summary
- SCX's price/earnings ratio is 4.2; this is 79.41% lower than that of the median Industrials stock.
- Over the past 190 months, SCX's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SCX.
SCX Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -113.36%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at -4.46%.
- The 2 year revenue growth rate now stands at 11.12%.
The table below shows SCX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SCX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SCX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$7.86||52-week high||$10.69|
|Prev. close||$7.92||52-week low||$6.26|
|Day high||$8.03||Avg. volume||16,676|
|50-day MA||$8.20||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$7.66||Market Cap||58.02M|
L.S. Starrett Company (The) (SCX) Company Bio
The L.S. Starrett Company, together with its subsidiaries, manufactures and sells industrial, professional, and consumer measuring and cutting tools, and related products in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, China, the United Kingdom, Australia, and New Zealand. The company's products include precision tools, electronic gages, gage blocks, optical vision and laser measuring equipment, custom engineered granite solutions, squares, band saw blades, hole saws, hacksaw blades, jig saw blades, and reciprocating saw blades, as well as M1 lubricant and precision ground flat stock products. It also provides measuring tools, such as micrometers, vernier calipers, height gages, depth gages, electronic gages, dial indicators, steel rules, and combination squares, as well as custom and non-contact gaging. In addition, the company offers hand tools for measuring, marking, and layout that include tapes, levels, chalk lines, and other products for building trades, and construction and retail trades. Further, it provides carbide tipped products for cutting ferrous materials, and non-ferrous metals and castings. The company primarily distributes its precision hand tools, and saw and construction products through distributors or resellers. It serves the metalworking, aerospace, medical, oil and gas, machinery, government, equipment, and automotive markets; marine and farm equipment shops, and do-it-yourselfers; and tradesmen, which comprise builders, carpenters, plumbers, and electricians. The L.S. Starrett Company was founded in 1880 and is headquartered in Athol, Massachusetts.
Most Popular Stories View All
SCX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SCX Latest Social Stream
View Full SCX Social Stream
Latest SCX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about STARRETT L S CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SCX as an investment opportunity.
ATHOL, Mass., November 03, 2022--The L.S. Starrett Company (NYSE: SCX) ("Starrett" or "the Company") a global innovator, manufacturer and marketer of precision measuring tools, cutting tools and equipment, and high-end metrology solutions for industrial, professional, and consumer markets, today announced operating results for the quarter ended September 30, 2022.
One simple way to benefit from the stock market is to buy an index fund. But if you choose individual stocks with...
ATHOL, Mass., August 25, 2022--The L.S. Starrett Company (NYSE: SCX) ("Starrett" or "the Company") a global innovator, manufacturer and marketer of precision measuring tools, cutting tools and equipment, and high-end metrology solutions for industrial, professional, and consumer markets, today announced operating results for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2022.
What are the early trends we should look for to identify a stock that could multiply in value over the long term...
ATHOL, Mass., July 25, 2022--The L.S. Starrett Company (NYSE: SCX) ("Starrett" or "the Company") a global innovator, manufacturer and marketer of precision measuring tools, cutting tools and equipment, and high-end metrology solutions for industrial, professional, and consumer markets, today announced that Chuck Alpuche has been appointed to the Company’s Board of Directors, effective immediately.
SCX Price Returns