L.S. Starrett Company (The) (SCX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SCX Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 4.15, Starrett L S Co P/E ratio is greater than that of about only 4.22% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.23, Starrett L S Co has a higher such ratio than merely 3.24% of stocks in our set.
- Over the past twelve months, SCX has reported earnings growth of -214%, putting it ahead of merely 9.21% of US stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Starrett L S Co, a group of peers worth examining would be HSII, NUS, UTI, RELL, and GCO.
- Visit SCX's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.starrett.com.
SCX Valuation Summary
- SCX's EV/EBIT ratio is 5.3; this is 75.74% lower than that of the median Industrials stock.
- SCX's price/earnings ratio has moved down 56.2 over the prior 175 months.
- Over the past 175 months, SCX's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 66.9.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SCX.
SCX Growth Metrics
- The 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -54.05%.
- The 5 year price growth rate now stands at -68.24%.
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 1215.92%.
The table below shows SCX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SCX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SCX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$7.22||52-week high||$13.90|
|Prev. close||$7.20||52-week low||$6.26|
|Day high||$7.36||Avg. volume||20,885|
|50-day MA||$7.24||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$9.09||Market Cap||52.23M|
L.S. Starrett Company (The) (SCX) Company Bio
The L.S. Starrett Company, together with its subsidiaries, manufactures and sells industrial, professional, and consumer measuring and cutting tools, and related products in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, China, the United Kingdom, Australia, and New Zealand. The company's products include precision tools, electronic gages, gage blocks, optical vision and laser measuring equipment, custom engineered granite solutions, squares, band saw blades, hole saws, hacksaw blades, jig saw blades, and reciprocating saw blades, as well as M1 lubricant and precision ground flat stock products. It also provides measuring tools, such as micrometers, vernier calipers, height gages, depth gages, electronic gages, dial indicators, steel rules, and combination squares, as well as custom and non-contact gaging. In addition, the company offers hand tools for measuring, marking, and layout that include tapes, levels, chalk lines, and other products for building trades, and construction and retail trades. Further, it provides carbide tipped products for cutting ferrous materials, and non-ferrous metals and castings. The company primarily distributes its precision hand tools, and saw and construction products through distributors or resellers. It serves the metalworking, aerospace, medical, oil and gas, machinery, government, equipment, and automotive markets; marine and farm equipment shops, and do-it-yourselfers; and tradesmen, which comprise builders, carpenters, plumbers, and electricians. The L.S. Starrett Company was founded in 1880 and is headquartered in Athol, Massachusetts.
Most Popular Stories View All
SCX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SCX Latest Social Stream
View Full SCX Social Stream
Latest SCX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Starrett L S Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SCX as an investment opportunity.
ATHOL, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The L.S. Starrett Company (NYSE: SCX) (“Starrett” or “the Company”) a global innovator, manufacturer and marketer of precision measuring tools, cutting tools and equipment, and high-end metrology solutions for industrial, professional, and consumer markets, today announced operating results for the quarter and six months ending December 31, 2021. Fiscal 2022 Second Quarter Financial Highlights Net sales of $61.3 million were up 13% compared to the second quarter o
The L.S. Starrett press release (SCX): FQ2 GAAP EPS of $0.34.Revenue of $61.31M (+13.4% Y/Y).
What trends should we look for it we want to identify stocks that can multiply in value over the long term? One common...
The L.S. Starrett Company (NYSE:SCX) was the recipient of a significant drop in short interest in the month of November. As of November 30th, there was short interest totalling 8,600 shares, a drop of 50.9% from the November 15th total of 17,500 shares. Approximately 0.2% of the shares of the company are sold short. Based 
Morgan Stanley boosted its position in shares of The L.S. Starrett Company (NYSE:SCX) by 1.7% in the second quarter, according to the company in its most recent Form 13F filing with the SEC. The fund owned 373,335 shares of the companys stock after acquiring an additional 6,399 shares during the quarter. Morgan Stanley owned 5.26%  The post Morgan Stanley Acquires 6,399 Shares of The L.S. Starrett Company (NYSE:SCX) appeared first on ETF Daily News .
SCX Price Returns